View Poll Results: Would the Nimrod Sentinels be able to defeat The Children and The People now?

Voters
4. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • The Nimrods destroy the Children

1 25.00%
  • The Nimrods destroy the People

0 0%
  • The Children destroy The Nimrods

2 50.00%
  • The People destroy The Nimrods

1 25.00%
    On Vacation

Default Would the Nimrod Sentinels be able to defeat The Children and The People now?

With the recent attack of Nuclear missiles on the City the Children have been considerably weakened to a point were they might have to rebuild add to the fact that Zorn has destroyed the so called invincible Children shows that they are not all-powerful as they would suggest. However one question has come up in my mind. With the recent rise of the nimrod sentinels fleet could these machines be able to destroy both the Children and the People? Let's take a look at Ultimate Comics X-Men #7. While building the nimrod sentinels it was mentioned that the Nimrods had a sophisticated A.I. coupled with the fact that Stryker now controls them they have basically become machines that could evolve. So obviously the Nimrods would not be able to target the People per say as they are not mutants but because they are harboring Mutants they would become a target and eventually they would have to fight them. So would the People be able to take them on. Now the hypothetical question would be if the Nimrods could take on the Children. They can adapt to any power and so can the Children. They are not put off by human weaknesses such as the human body or reproduction. To me the Nimrod Sentinels vs the Children battle would be tough to choose. Plus the other question is why the Nimrod Sentinels would want to fight the Children but lets say SHIELD did take back control of the Nimrod Sentinels and redirected it at the Children.

Would the Tech from the Nimrods work on the People? Since their powers come from a different source. X-Gene tech / The Source Serum.

Plus the Children can adapt to any thing when given time.
    Last edited by robcastor729; 04-27-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    Would the Tech from the Nimrods work on the People? Since their powers come from a different source. X-Gene tech / The Source Serum.
    The Nimrods attacked Johnny Storm because he was helping mutants and he wasn't a mutant. So to answer your question. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    The Nimrods attacked Johnny Storm because he was helping mutants and he wasn't a mutant. So to answer your question. Yes.
    Oh that's right. I forgot. Thanks
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

It's hard to say. The X-Men had a tough time fighting the Nimrods, however Kitty has proven that her ability can at least defend against them, which means that the Nimrods aren't perfect. Also, the Children and the People are presumably more powerful than Kitty. If the X/Zorn's can create singularities that are all-devouring, they could easily defeat the Nimrods, even if at a terrible sacrifice to themselves. The Children seem to be more mechanically based, rather than ability-based. Have we seen a knife or blade try to penetrate the Nimrod armor yet? I can't recall, but to me it sounds like the Nimrods are built to withstand abilities, not full-on combat, especially with other machines. Also, the Children's tech is years ahead in advancement. I wouldn't put it past Tony Stark to be able to deactivate or destroy a Nimrod, so a whole City full of more superior tech might not have an issue with them at all.

It almost seems as though the Nimrods are a sort of 3rd equal to the Children and People. But if the People are falling to the Children and, like I mentioned, the Children's tech being more advanced than the Nimrods themselves, I'd say the Children win over both easily.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF