Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

this actually looks pretty good, and that cover looks really beautiful.

maybe i'll start reading spider-man again.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    this actually looks pretty good, and that cover looks really beautiful.

maybe i'll start reading spider-man again.
    Hi G@ry,
    See what happens when a writer adds a little diversity to the story? It makes things interesting. If this story arc had had Venom and The Black Cat, I wouldn't have bothered to read it. But two of my favorite heroines are in this story: The Black Widow and Silver Sable. A perfect combination. And one that would lead to future story team-up between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To me, this situation works because Spidey is a member of the Avengers. So it's natural to have an avenger as a team-up partner. Nothing wrong with that. The Avengers are much a part of Spidey's world as he is with theirs. And I feel that The Black Widow x Spider-Man should have been allies in a close friendship a long time ago. It's rare to see them work together. And I felt that it was long overdue. Thus, I feel that The Black Widow, Silver Sable, and Spider-Man work well together. I hope that once the Ends of Earth storyline is over, Natasha will view Spider-Man in a very different light than before. And I hope that we get to see more team-up adventures between them in the future. And let's not forget that the Black Widow was never a Daredevil created character. Yet, she and Matt had one of the longest partnerships of all time. The type of partnership that she should have had with Spider-Man as well.

Also, I feel that Avenging Spider-Man will be more in line with Amazing Spider-Man. The Black Widow was a Tales of Suspense creation. But she never had a spinoff series that lasted as long as Spidey. She is always in some elses book, like Daredevil and The Winter Soldier. Can't understand why The Black Widow was never a part of the supporting cast of Spider-Man back in the 1970s, long before The Black Cat even showed up.
    Daredevil and Black Widow entered into a sexual relationship. Are you trying to once again claim you aren't shipping Peter with a random super heroine?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Daredevil and Black Widow entered into a sexual relationship. Are you trying to once again claim you aren't shipping Peter with a random super heroine?
    I am only talking in retrospect long before The Black Cat showed up. And the one thing that The Black Cat and The Black Widow have in common is their respective attraction to Daredevil. The only thing that I would like to see with regards to the Black Widow is a renewed working relationship with Spider-Man once again. I never said anything about a romantic relationship at all. It has been too long since they last teamed up together. It's time that The Black Widow could count on Spider-Man if she needs him. After all, The Black Widow was the first super heroine to take up an interest with Spider-Man as an opponent just as the Black Cat first did.

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2012/04/...hn-romita.html

I am only talking in retrospect long before The Black Cat showed up. And the one thing that The Black Cat and The Black Widow have in common is their respective attraction to Daredevil. The only thing that I would like to see with regards to the Black Widow is a renewed working relationship with Spider-Man once again. I never said anything about a romantic relationship at all. It has been too long since they last teamed up together. It's time that The Black Widow could count on Spider-Man if she needs him. After all, The Black Widow was the first super heroine to take up an interest with Spider-Man as an opponent just as the Black Cat first did.

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2012/04/...hn-romita.html
    Hhmm...

To me, this situation works because Spidey is a member of the Avengers. So it's natural to have an avenger as a team-up partner. Nothing wrong with that. The Avengers are much a part of Spidey's world as he is with theirs. And I feel that The Black Widow x Spider-Man should have been allies in a close friendship a long time ago. It's rare to see them work together. And I felt that it was long overdue. Thus, I feel that The Black Widow, Silver Sable, and Spider-Man work well together. I hope that once the Ends of Earth storyline is over, Natasha will view Spider-Man in a very different light than before. And I hope that we get to see more team-up adventures between them in the future. And let's not forget that the Black Widow was never a Daredevil created character. Yet, she and Matt had one of the longest partnerships of all time. The type of partnership that she should have had with Spider-Man as well.

Also, I feel that Avenging Spider-Man will be more in line with Amazing Spider-Man. The Black Widow was a Tales of Suspense creation. But she never had a spinoff series that lasted as long as Spidey. She is always in some elses book, like Daredevil and The Winter Soldier. Can't understand why The Black Widow was never a part of the supporting cast of Spider-Man back in the 1970s, long before The Black Cat even showed up.
    See? You are shipping Peter with Natasha (among other costumed ladies).

(Don't pretend otherwise. You just evoked Black Cat and Black Widow in the same sentence and also said that Spidey should have the kind of "partnership" DD had with Natasha. )
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Hhmm...
    See? You are shipping Peter with Natasha (among other costumed ladies).
    (Don't pretend otherwise. You just evoked Black Cat and Black Widow in the same sentence and also said that Spidey should have the kind of "partnership" DD had with Natasha. )
    Well. We all know that Peter isn't going to have a romantic relationship with any of the super heroines that I've mentioned. Besides the reasons that Dan Slott had talked about, if a writer were to do a romantic relationship between Spidey x Heroine, there is a very strong chance that the next creative team will blow that relationship up to pieces. And the main reason why I talked about increasing the list of heroines that Spider-Man has a close partnership with to around 6 of them is to add diversity to that list beyond The Black Cat. This would be appealing to any future writer(and the readers) for Spider-Man as he doesn't have to be stuck doing The Black Cat is he doesn't want to use her in his upcoming stories. And the expanded list also assures that no one heroine will ever stand out as a potential love interest for Spider-Man without upsetting the others heroines who are interested. Even if they are in a relationship with other people. This is just the Spider-Man side of the relationship. Peter Parker is free to date any ordinary women he chooses to with his Peter Parker luck.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-28-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Well. We all know that Peter isn't going to have a romantic relationship with any of the super heroines that I've mentioned. Besides the reasons that Dan Slott had talked about, if a writer were to do a romantic relationship between Spidey x Heroine, there is a very strong chance that the next creative team will blow that relationship up to pieces. And the main reason why I talked about increasing the list of heroines that Spider-Man has a close partnership with to around 6 of them is to add diversity to that list beyond The Black Cat. This would be appealing to any future writer(and the readers) for Spider-Man as he doesn't have to be stuck doing The Black Cat is he doesn't want to use her in his upcoming stories. And the expanded list also assures that no one heroine will ever stand out as a potential love interest for Spider-Man without upsetting the others heroines who are interested. Even if they are in a relationship with other people. This is just the Spider-Man side of the relationship. Peter Parker is free to date any ordinary women he chooses to with his Peter Parker luck.
    But looking at this realistically, do you think Peter could realistically become very close friends with characters like Black Widow or Ms./Captain Marvel (or whatever else she happens to call herself this month) or any of the other ladies you have mentioned? Because the odds are against such a thing "lasting" as you put it.

I mean, I know team-ups are fun and an important aspect of comic books but the odds are against these kinds of friendships really being built up and lasting like what Spidey has with characters like Human Torch or Black Cat. As I said before, Spidey and Nate Grey aren't exactly close friends these days.

My Facebook page

But looking at this realistically, do you think Peter could realistically become very close friends with characters like Black Widow or Ms./Captain Marvel (or whatever else she happens to call herself this month) or any of the other ladies you have mentioned? Because the odds are against such a thing "lasting" as you put it.

I mean, I know team-ups are fun and an important aspect of comic books but the odds are against these kinds of friendships really being built up and lasting like what Spidey has with characters like Human Torch or Black Cat. As I said before, Spidey and Nate Grey aren't exactly close friends these days.
    I for one think that Sable and Spidey have enough common history to become close friends.
    Black Widow: Meh.
    I don't think leaving Black Cat out of this diminishes the story in any way.
    Change is sometimes a good thing, and makes for interesting stories.
    The lack of originality will always bother me

I mean, I know team-ups are fun and an important aspect of comic books but the odds are against these kinds of friendships really being built up and lasting like what Spidey has with characters like Human Torch or Black Cat
    . As I said before, Spidey and Nate Grey aren't exactly close friends these days.
    As you know, Spidey's relationship with Ms. Marvel was never addressed in ASM. Only in her self titles series. And we get to see their friendship once again in Avenging Spider-Man #9 and #10. I feel that the mutual friendship between Spider-Man and any of the heroines I have mentioned should be kept in the background as far as hanging out together is concerned. The only way for a friendship with the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, or She-Hulk is to happen in through either their self titled mini-series or The Avenging Spider-Man. Any of the said relationship could happen if there are other writers who are interested with doing a team-up story about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheboyinShadows View Post
    I for one think that Sable and Spidey have enough common history to become close friends.
    I agree with your assessment on Silver Sable and Spider becoming close friends. However, there is a lot to the Black Widow that might surprise Spider-Man about her. It's possible for them to have a working relationship because I feel that once Ends of Earth has concluded, she is not going to look at Spider-Man the same way again as she has never witness his leadership skills first hand. This is more than enough to dispel any doubts that she has had about him in the past. I would think that The Black Widow would have a renewed respect for Spider-Man that she would want to be his team-up partner on occasion. They might find some common ground with each out as far as a mutual friendship is concerned. If Carol could have an unlikely friendship with Spider-Man, then I can't see anything wrong with The Black Widow finally having a friendship with his as well. And no, I am not referring to a romantic relationship as she is quite happy with Bucky: The Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-28-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Great preview.
    Ramos art is awesome.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but...

Shouldn't Spider-Man be fighting the Sinister Six. Not the Sinister-One? Fighting each villain in singles is stupid.
    He did. In 683. Along with the avengers. And he got whooped. So he has to take them out one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheboyinShadows View Post
    Agreed. Spider-Man and Sable have always had an interesting dynamic. I've been wanting to see more of them since that What-if where they end up together.
    Last edited by Seto Kaiba; 04-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Agreed. Spider-Man and Sable have always had an interesting dynamic. I've been wanting to see more of them since that What-if where they end up together.
    I am glad to see Silver Sable admitting her feelings for Spider-Man as they do have a lot in common.

As for The Black Widow, you would be surprise to learn that she and Spider-Man have a few things in common as well. It's too bad that past writers were never interested in using them together since they do have a very strong dynamic towards each other as well. But who could have imagined that Silver Sable and The Black Widow working together with Spider-Man? I don't think that anyone would have thought about that idea about The Black Widow and Silver Sable working together under Spider-Man.

While I think it's possible to see Silver Sable again in the future as Spidey's close ally, he might have gained another crime fighting partner in process: The Black Widow. I believe that Natasha might have a renewed interest and respect for Spidey once again as I can't see her going away after all they have gone through together with fighting The Sinister Six. Like Silver Sable, The Black Widow would probably go out of her way to get Spider-Man to join her on various classified adventures.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-29-2012 at 11:55 PM.

I am glad to see Silver Sable admitting her feelings for Spider-Man as they do have a lot in common. As for The Black Widow, you would be surprise to learn that she and Spider-Man have a few things in common as well. It's too bad that past writers were never interested in using them together since they do have a very strong dynamic towards each other as well. But would could have imagined that Silver Sable and The Black Widow working together with Spider-Man? I don't think that anyone would have thought about that idea about The Black Widow and Silver Sable working together under Spider-Man.

While I think it's possible to see Silver Sable again in the future as Spidey's close ally, he might have gained another crime fighting partner in process: The Black Widow.
    Weren't Peter's parents spies? Wonder if they ever ran into Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Weren't Peter's parents spies? Wonder if they ever ran into Widow.
    That would be possible. It's such a shame that(until recently) past Spidey writers weren't interested with using The Black Widow and Spider-Man as team-up partners because that question could have be answered. And, I would like to think that if Stan Lee had developed this relationship between The Black Widow and Spider-Man as partners, things might have been quite interesting between them as Stan could have used that opportunity to introduce a flashback story on Peter's parents and their direct/indirect ties with The Black Widow. One can only imagine how strong their friendship might have been if The Black Widow was developed as Spider-Man supporting cast member early on around that time.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-30-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post

I didn't know about that. Can you give me a quick summary of that issue?
    The lack of originality will always bother me