Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I am glad to see an alternative to The Black Cat and Venom. This was what I was referring to all along because I got tired of seeing The Black Cat x Spider-Man as crime fighting partners all the time. Thus, it was time for Marvel to diversify(to other available characters) in case the desired characters are unavailable. When was the last time we ever saw Silver Sable x Spider-Man x The Black Widow ever working together? The first and only time The Black Widow x Silver Sable worked together was in the early 1990's Marvel Comics Presents. The last time that Spider-Man and The Black Widow worked together was around the mid-1980's Marvel Team-Up. About time we got something different!!

    Also, what a lot of people forget is that The Black Widow was the first superheroine to notice Spider-Man. She was the first female hero to battle Spider-Man to see if he was a worthy opponent. Thus, if Stan Lee had used the opportunity to establish her as one of Spidey's first female crime fighting partners, the Black Widow might have been one of his longstanding allies because she was the first to do so. It's a shame that it was never developed in that matter during the 1970's Amazing Spider-Man.
    I disagree with the very premise of your post.

    Spidey, Venom and Black Cat would have made this feel more like a "Spider-Man" story instead of Spidey + random guest stars as it sort of feels like now.

    I do agree that it can be fun to have Spidey team-up with random characters but that's what Avenging is for.

    (Plus I just like messing with you because you advocate all these weird shipping bits. )
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  2. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I'm not really digging this thing, MJ is probably the only redhead will ever see Pete as a friend/boyfriend/partner/player/whatever. Anyway, I don't mind about BW at all or her opinion about Spidey, but, I'll not complain about her presence. To be fair, I'm very glad to see Sable taking stage on this arc than the overused Black Cat. Sable is a member of Spider-man's character gallery. I missed her and I'm happy she's back to the spiderverse.

    I agree Spider-man is relying too much on his armor, but, I believe will be Silver who will snap him from that, since they are pals for a long time. By her face, she's probably missing a little of the good ol' Spider guts.



    After all, 686 preview sounds me Peter is probably thinking out of the box again. And his armor won't help at all against the Sinister Avengers on 687.
    Last edited by Fourze; 04-27-2012 at 11:51 AM.

  3. #18
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    I am cool with Sable. A lot of people tend to forget she is a part of the Spidey license (she was in Spectacular, after all). And I enjoy seeing Black Widow stretch her proverbial wings and kicking ass (in comics and in cartoons and in movies).

    But the team-up doesn't seem as personal as it would with Venom and Black Cat. Because Peter will never be as close to Sable and Natasha as he is to Flash and Felicia.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Wow Spider-Man is truly a villain, acting like a terrorist blowing up property in foreign places without permission by any authority.

    Hopefully SHIELD is there to stop him and put an end to his villainous ways.
    Hey, he has to stop a guy from fixing the world! No nation is safe from Spider-man's pro-global warming agenda!
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

  5. #20

    Default

    Honestly, I think Spidey teaming up with Silver Sable during this story actually works out better for quite a few reasons, and not just because we haven't seen Spidey and Silver Sable team up in goodness knows how long. Being that this is supposed to be Spidey going all over the world to try and stop Doc Ock's plans, Sable is, more or less, a globe-trotter herself, what with her being a counter-terrorism expert from a sovereign nation who has a connection with Spidey, and, as we've seen, is one of the few who is taking Spidey seriously. And, as we see in this preview, her do whatever is necessary to stop the bad guys does clash with Spidey's policy of no killing under any circumstances. And given what apparently happens in issue #686, it shows Spidey isn't the only hero who has emotional stakes in this fight. Works out better than if it was Spidey and Black Cat again--if Sable is taking up Felicia's spot, that is.

    But I do think that it would have been better to have Venom/Flash along for the ride instead of Black Widow. Thus far, Natasha is just there and hasn't really added anything substantive; not to mention it appears the only reason she's even in this story (aside from the fact both the original choices of Venom and Black Cat were unavailable) is because of the upcoming Avengers movie.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 04-27-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  6. #21
    Comic Fanboy Spidey_Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Banfield, Argentina
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    I like this preview. Things will be interesting.

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    834

    Default

    When Silver Sable says, "You really have changed" all I could think of was how much that is true when you compare Peter to how he used to be before OMD.

  8. #23
    Comic Fanboy Spidey_Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Banfield, Argentina
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    When Silver Sable says, "You really have changed" all I could think of was how much that is true when you compare Peter to how he used to be before OMD.
    wow, two pages until someone mention OMD

  9. #24
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Maybe it's just me but...


    Shouldn't Spider-Man be fighting the Sinister Six. Not the Sinister-One? Fighting each villain in singles is stupid.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  10. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Because, by the last issue of this arc, he'll be against the "Six Sinister Avengers", Otto's all new group.

    But I do think that it would have been better to have Venom/Flash along for the ride instead of Black Widow. Thus far, Natasha is just there and hasn't really added anything thus far; not to mention it appears the only reason she's even in this story (aside from the fact both the original choices of Venom and Black Cat were unavailable) is because of the upcoming Avengers movie.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

  11. #26
    Senior Member 1derer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's weird looking at this preview after finding out that Black Widow and Silver Sable were used instead of Venom and Black Cat.

    I mean, the story still works and all but it just feels weird.
    I'd have liked this combo a bit more too. I still don't get why Black Cat can't be in it, since Waid wrote her out of Daredevil so quickly (at least for the immediate time).
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

  12. #27
    voice of reason wiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Yay for Ramos!
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

  13. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    I'd have liked this combo a bit more too. I still don't get why Black Cat can't be in it, since Waid wrote her out of Daredevil so quickly (at least for the immediate time).
    black cat is normal teammate but venom???? what if spidey team up with venom and black cat? how happened in Maximum Carnage

  14. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Anyone else notice they variant cover shows #685 as Part 5 of EotE, but it's actually Part 4...

    Hope somebody catches that before it goes to print...

  15. #30
    Senior Member Darthfury78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I disagree with the very premise of your post.

    Spidey, Venom and Black Cat would have made this feel more like a "Spider-Man" story instead of Spidey + random guest stars as it sort of feels like now.

    I do agree that it can be fun to have Spidey team-up with random characters but that's what Avenging is for
    .

    (Plus I just like messing with you because you advocate all these weird shipping bits. )
    To me, this situation works because Spidey is a member of the Avengers. So it's natural to have an avenger as a team-up partner. Nothing wrong with that. The Avengers are much a part of Spidey's world as he is with theirs. And I feel that The Black Widow x Spider-Man should have been allies in a close friendship a long time ago. It's rare to see them work together. And I felt that it was long overdue. Thus, I feel that The Black Widow, Silver Sable, and Spider-Man work well together. I hope that once the Ends of Earth storyline is over, Natasha will view Spider-Man in a very different light than before. And I hope that we get to see more team-up adventures between them in the future. And let's not forget that the Black Widow was never a Daredevil created character. Yet, she and Matt had one of the longest partnerships of all time. The type of partnership that she should have had with Spider-Man as well.

    Also, I feel that Avenging Spider-Man will be more in line with Amazing Spider-Man. The Black Widow was a Tales of Suspense creation. But she never had a spinoff series that lasted as long as Spidey. She is always in some elses book, like Daredevil and The Winter Soldier. Can't understand why The Black Widow was never a part of the supporting cast of Spider-Man back in the 1970s, long before The Black Cat even showed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    black cat is normal teammate but venom???? what if spidey team up with venom and black cat? how happened in Maximum Carnage
    Venom is not a normal teammate. While Felicia is a normal teammate. I feel that the list should be expanded to include others, like Silver Sable, The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, and Psylocke. Those are the type of partnerships that would make things interesting depending on the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd;15077618[B
    ]Honestly, I think Spidey teaming up with Silver Sable during this story actually works out better for quite a few reasons, and not just because we haven't seen Spidey and Silver Sable team up in goodness knows how long. Being that this is supposed to be Spidey going all over the world to try and stop Doc Ock's plans, Sable is, more or less, a globe-trotter herself, what with her being a counter-terrorism expert from a sovereign nation who has a connection with Spidey, and, as we've seen, is one of the few who is taking Spidey seriously. And, as we see in this preview, her do whatever is necessary to stop the bad guys does clash with Spidey's policy of no killing under any circumstances. And given what apparently happens in issue #686, it shows Spidey isn't the only hero who has emotional stakes in this fight. Works out better than if it was Spidey and Black Cat again--if Sable is taking up Felicia's spot, that is[/B].

    But I do think that it would have been better to have Venom/Flash along for the ride instead of Black Widow. Thus far, Natasha is just there and hasn't really added anything substantive; not to mention it appears the only reason she's even in this story (aside from the fact both the original choices of Venom and Black Cat were unavailable) is because of the upcoming Avengers movie.
    With regards to The Black Widow, I believe that there will be an increased dialog between them in ASM #687 since she will be a primary guest star while Silver Sable is back home to help her people. At least, I hope so!
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-27-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •