Default All-Star Western #8 Discussion

Did not see a thread for this issue, so I decided to make one. Amadeus Arkham was hilariously awesome in this issue, "sampling" the opiates for research indeed. This is such an under-appreciated series, really hope it sells well in trade like the previous Jonah Hex series did. The art fits the tone so well and Hex's fight with Z.C. of the August 7 was damn sexy. The Cinnamon and Nighthawk back-up was awesome as well. Loved the origin of Cinnamon being trained by a wandering samurai.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

I'm tradewaiting this one can't wait to read it
    but if I even hear that Scalphunter makes an appearance I'm buying it
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

This book is one of my favourites. I love uneasy bromances like this. House and Wilson, Batman and Superman, etc. But the best part is the atmosphere and the images from that era.

It's a great book that sadly doesnt get the sales it deserves.

I was hoping that girl Hex fought would join their team, but it was not to be. I think it would work well if they had her with them.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

it does make quite a killing in the european markets
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I did not originally pick this book up, but then at MegaCon Palmiotti gave my girlfriend a signed copy of issue #6 (which was not yet released), and I went and bought 1-5. We both fell in love with it. The dichotomy of Hex and Arkham makes for some hilarious dialogue, and Moritat really does a fantastic job with creating the period atmosphere. For a book that I would never have given the time of day (Western, really?), this has become one of my favorites.

Anyway ... issue #8 was no exception, I was cracking up at Arkham's "research" at the opium den. I'm also loving Nighthawk and especially Cinnamon, loved the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I was hoping that girl Hex fought would join their team, but it was not to be. I think it would work well if they had her with them.
    I adore her character design, but alas, she's a racist bitch.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    it does make quite a killing in the european markets
    Westerns in general do seem to perform better in European markets than in USA currently, don't they. I wonder if it has to do with Westerns being a foreign genre to Europeans, while it is not for Americans.

Just read it last night (along with #7). This continues to be a great book, but I'm really puzzled as to how the Owls are going to make an appearance next month (if the story was still in Gotham, I could see it, but New Orleans?)
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Just read it last night (along with #7). This continues to be a great book, but I'm really puzzled as to how the Owls are going to make an appearance next month (if the story was still in Gotham, I could see it, but New Orleans?)
    Do owls migrate? That might explain these coconuts I found...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...