View Poll Results: Was Felicia responsible for the breakup of Peter x Carlie's relationship?

Voters
24. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

1 4.17%
  • No

23 95.83%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Trust perhaps, but being with Peter is a place that is for Mary Jane alone...they will end up back together, most likely in issue #700 when Peter hands the mantle of Spider-Man over to someone else.
    Oh. They'll end up together, alright. It might not be the way you would expect. None the less, I would rather see a development of Peter's mutual relationships than having to be in a committed relationship at this time. The past 5 years since OMD has been nothing but a waste of time regarding Peter's mutual relationship with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Oh. They'll end up together, alright. It might not be the way you would expect. None the less, I would rather see a development of Peter's mutual relationships than having to be in a committed relationship at this time. The past 5 years since OMD has been nothing but a waste of time regarding Peter's mutual relationship with women.
    I really can't see Peter with the some of the women you listed. Maybe Ms. Marvel, but Black Widow and Silver Sable? Unless I missed something in any of the recent issues?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I really can't see Peter with the some of the women you listed. Maybe Ms. Marvel, but Black Widow and Silver Sable? Unless I missed something in any of the recent issues?
    I never said a romantic relationship with any of the heroines. Just a mutual friendship. The reason why I created the list of heroines who might be interested in Spider-Man/Peter Parker is to serve as an alternate for the Black Cat if she's unavailable. Thus, I felt that six alternate heroines as Spidey's partner on occasion(depending on the story) could be ideal. Also, the list provides an alternate for writers and readers who would like their respective heroines from that list to team-up with Spidey in case they don't want to(or can't) use The Black Cat. I don't expect that every heroine on the list would appeal to everyone. But, at least 90% would have at least one favorite from that list.

You said that you like Silver Sable, Ms. Marvel, and Black Widow respectively as an occasional partner for Spider-Man. That's good to know. But there are some who like The She-Hulk, Psylocke, and Spider-Woman as well. Thus, this is the sort of diversity that I was referring to. None of the women mentioned have to be in a romantic relationship with Spider-Man. While the option is there, I doubt that the mutual relationship will go beyond that for obvious reasons. No writer in their right mind is going to give the fans what they would expect. We all know that any relationship that Peter has other than Mary Jane isn't going to last very long. Why brother to have Spidey in a romantic relationship with a heroine if everyone knows that it's not going to last?
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-01-2012 at 11:34 PM.

I never said a romantic relationship with any of the heroines. Just a mutual friendship. The reason why I created the list of heroines who might be interested in Spider-Man/Peter Parker is to serve as an alternate for the Black Cat if she's unavailable. Thus, I felt that six alternate heroines as Spidey's partner on occasion(depending on the story) could be ideal. Also, the list provides an alternate for writers and readers who would like their respective heroines from that list to team-up with Spidey. I don't expect that ever heroine on the list would appeal to everyone. But, at least 90% would have at least one favorite from that list.

You said that you like Silver Sable, Ms. Marvel, and Black Widow respectively as an occasional partner for Spider-Man. That's good to know. But there are some who like The She-Hulk, Psylocke, and Spider-Woman as well. Thus, this is the sort of diversity that I was referring to. None of the women mentioned have to be in a romantic relationship with Spider-Man. While the option is there, I doubt that the mutual relationship will go beyond that for obvious reasons. No writer in their right mind is going to give the fans what they would expect. We all know that any relationship that Peter has other than Mary Jane isn't going to last very long. Why brother to have Spidey in a romantic relationship with a heroine if everyone knows that it's not going to last?
    Ok, I must have misunderstood what you were saying. I know Silver Sable teams up with Peter frequently IIRC.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Ok, I must have misunderstood what you were saying. I know Silver Sable teams up with Peter frequently IIRC.
    That's true. But it would be cool to see the others as well. Especially The Black Widow, who should have been his longstanding crime fighting partner.

That's true. But it would be cool to see the others as well. Especially The Black Widow, who should have been his longstanding crime fighting partner.
    I don't see BW teaming up with him often. Just doesn't fit her personality. She's more of a Captain America or Hawkeye team-up.

I don't see BW teaming up with him often. Just doesn't fit her personality. She's more of a Captain America or Hawkeye team-up.
    Spider-Man is in many ways like Captain America and Hawkeye. And Spider-Man never fit Ms. Marvel or Silver Sable's personality style either, for that matter. Sometimes mismatched personalities could reveal a side to the character that the readers have not seen before. The only reason why The Black Widow hasn't appeared as a guest in ASM until recently was because past Spider-Man writers were never interested in using her in their stories. Which is quite unfortunate. One could also say that Spider-Man doesn't fit Black Cat's personality either. Yet they have had the longest running partnership. A title that should have gone to The Black Widow as Spidey's first female crime fighting partner back in the early 1970s. An opportunity that Stan Lee could have capitalize on, but didn't..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-02-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Spider-Man is in many ways like Captain America and Hawkeye. And Spider-Man never fit Ms. Marvel or Silver Sable's personality style either, for that matter. Sometimes mismatched personalities could reveal a side to the character that the readers have not seen before. The only reason why The Black Widow hasn't appeared as a guest in ASM until recently was because past Spider-Man writers were never interested in using her in their stories. Which is quite unfortunate. One could also say that Spider-Man doesn't fit Black Cat's personality either. Yet they have had the longest running partnership. A title that should have gone to The Black Widow as Spidey's first female crime fighting partner back in the early 1970s. An opportunity that Stan Lee could have capitalize on, but didn't..
    I really meant in what they do. Black Cat is a thief, so she runs into him more often than a spy normally would. That's all I meant by that. I think that is why it hasn't occurred to writers.