View Poll Results: Was Felicia responsible for the breakup of Peter x Carlie's relationship?

Voters
24. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

1 4.17%
  • No

23 95.83%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Peter Parker x Carlie Cooper: The Black Cat Connection

After seeing the quick rise and fall of Peter's relationship with Carlie Cooper, I can't help but wonder if the Black Cat might have been responsible for jinxing his relationship? It seems to match the classic bad luck powers of the Black Cat. Around the time when Spider-Man broke off his relationship with Felicia for Carlie, she might have been upset with that by jinxing his relationship to Carlie. There was no way that Peter would have been reckless with his web fluid or his costume. In his past relationships(other than Mary Jane), Peter was always careful to hide all evidence that he was Spider-Man. Why was this situation different, as well as why he had to lie to someone who was likely to protect his secret from the start? The powers of the Black Cat was probably the main reason why Peter's relationship to Carlie failed because he knew that she doesn't tolerate people who lie to her. And Peter knows that before he starts a serious relationship with someone, he has to trust the woman that he is with with his secret. But Felicia's bad luck powers prevented him from revealing his secret to a woman who guard that secret with her life. Once the relationship ended, Felicia KNEW that Spider-Man would crawl back to her. But she rejected his advances because she wanted to make him suffer by making out with Daredevil in front of him. Let this be a lesson: Never reveal your latest relationship to a woman with Bad Luck powers. It also appears that Felicia got her revenge with Spider-Man for dumping her.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.

No.

Peter never reveals his secret to anyone he doesn't have to. He didn't tell Gwen (came close a couple times), he didn't tell Mary Jane, he didn't tell Betty. He DID tell Deb, but only because he thought she was going crazy (and so did she), he did tell Felicia, but that's because he considers himself Peter Parker and therefore if he's going to have a relationship with her, as he saw it, that meant taking off the mask.

He would not have told Carlie for a long long time. And he's been reckless with his identity lots of time with no Felicia interference. No, he screwed that one up on his own.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    No.

Peter never reveals his secret to anyone he doesn't have to. He didn't tell Gwen (came close a couple times), he didn't tell Mary Jane, he didn't tell Betty. He DID tell Deb, but only because he thought she was going crazy (and so did she), he did tell Felicia, but that's because he considers himself Peter Parker and therefore if he's going to have a relationship with her, as he saw it, that meant taking off the mask.

He would not have told Carlie for a long long time. And he's been reckless with his identity lots of time with no Felicia interference. No, he screwed that one up on his own.
    Since he DID tell Felicia, she might have been upset with the fact that he's seeing another woman. Thus, she placed a hex on him. Spider-Man's life resonate through Peter Parker as well. And let's not forget that her Bad Luck powers were restored to her around that time. So, Felicia was free to do whatever she wanted with her powers. Even to ensure that Spidey's secret identity life as Peter Parker would be affected as well.

Since Felicia doesn't know that Pete is Spider-Man, she couldn't have put any kind of hex on him. Since Felicia doesn't really have the ability to put a hex on anyone, she couldn't have put a hex on him. Since her powers only affect people in her immediate vicinity, she couldn't have been responsible for the breakup.

I'm going to say no.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I don't like this idea at all. It flies in the face of one of the most important tenants of Spider-Man. That Peter's need to be Spider-Man comes at a tremendous cost to his personal life. This is simple and direct. This Black Cat "idea" just over complicates and dilutes one of the very basic themes of Spider-Man.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    After seeing the quick rise and fall of Peter's relationship with Carlie Cooper, I can't help but wonder if the Black Cat might have been responsible for jinxing his relationship? It seems to match the classic bad luck powers of the Black Cat. Around the time when Spider-Man broke off his relationship with Felicia for Carlie, she might have been upset with that by jinxing his relationship to Carlie. There was no way that Peter would have been reckless with his web fluid or his costume. In his past relationships(other than Mary Jane), Peter was always careful to hide all evidence that he was Spider-Man. Why was this situation different, as well as why he had to lie to someone who was likely to protect his secret from the start? The powers of the Black Cat was probably the main reason why Peter's relationship to Carlie failed because he knew that she doesn't tolerate people who lie to her. And Peter knows that before he starts a serious relationship with someone, he has to trust the woman that he is with with his secret. But Felicia's bad luck powers prevented him from revealing his secret to a woman who guard that secret with her life. Once the relationship ended, Felicia KNEW that Spider-Man would crawl back to her. But she rejected his advances because she wanted to make him suffer by making out with Daredevil in front of him. Let this be a lesson: Never reveal your latest relationship to a woman with Bad Luck powers. It also appears that Felicia got her revenge with Spider-Man for dumping her.

Believe it or not Peter himself was being careless with his identity due to depending on the mindwipe/mindblock that was protecting it. At the time he knew that no one would be able to put two and two together to figure out that he was Spider-Man.

Since he DID tell Felicia, she might have been upset with the fact that he's seeing another woman. Thus, she placed a hex on him. Spider-Man's life resonate through Peter Parker as well. And let's not forget that her Bad Luck powers were restored to her around that time. So, Felicia was free to do whatever she wanted with her powers. Even to ensure that Spidey's secret identity life as Peter Parker would be affected as well.
    Current Black Cat has no sense of jealously, possession, or love, only meaningless sex. She would only hex him if she cared, and she has made it abundantly clear she does not.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Current Black Cat has no sense of jealously, possession, or love, only meaningless sex. She would only hex him if she cared, and she has made it abundantly clear she does not.
    That is until she gets her memories of Peter Parker being Spider-Man once again. Let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. Also, if she wanted meaningless sex, why did she tell him that she doesn't do the rebound thing? I will only say that if her memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man are returned to her, it'll be interesting to see how things will turn out. My opinion is that she'll go after him with a vengeance.

BANNED

That is until she gets her memories of Peter Parker being Spider-Man once again. Let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. Also, if she wanted meaningless sex, why did she tell him that she doesn't do the rebound thing? I will only say that if her memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man are returned to her, it'll be interesting to see how things will turn out. My opinion is that she'll go after him with a vengeance.

Speak for yourself, Darthfury78. I want everyone who knew Peter was Spider-Man before OMD to know his identity again. Black Cat's character was much more interesting when she knew Peter was Spider-Man. Now she's lost all she gained and regressed...that's not good for any character.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Speak for yourself, Darthfury78. I want everyone who knew Peter was Spider-Man before OMD to know his identity again. Black Cat's character was much more interesting when she knew Peter was Spider-Man. Now she's lost all she gained and regressed...that's not good for any character.
    I agree. Except that she once knew that Peter was Spider-Man. If she regains her memories back, she would go after Spidey with a vengeance, in my opinion. But, I do not feel that she's going to get those memories back anytime soon. And if she does, Felicia would be very upset with the notion that she agreed to have a no strings attached relationship. Something that she would never have agreed to with regards to Peter Parker. Also, let's not forget that Felicia isn't the only super heroine partner(mutual interest) that Spidey has, since that list is only going to expand to include others as well. And the whole point is that I want to see other heroines partner up with Spidey other than The Black Cat in the same sort of relationship that she had with him before OMD. A time frame where he was married to Mary Jane and still had The Black Cat as his crime fighting partner. Something that the other heroines that I've talked about would fall into that category.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-28-2012 at 12:06 AM.

I agree. Except that she once knew that Peter was Spider-Man. If she regains her memories back, she would go after Spidey with a vengeance, in my opinion. But, I do not feel that she's going to get those memories back anytime soon. And if she does, Felicia would be very upset with the notion that she agreed to have a no strings attached relationship. Something that she would never have agreed to with regards to Peter Parker. Also, let's not forget that Felicia isn't the only super heroine partner(mutual interest) that Spidey has, since that list is only going to expand to include others as well. And the whole point is that I want to see other heroines partner up with Spidey other than The Black Cat in the same sort of relationship that she had with him before OMD. A time frame where he was married to Mary Jane and still had The Black Cat as his crime fighting partner. Something that the other heroines that I've talked about would fall into that category.
    Felicia is the one who wanted the No Strings attached, and she's already done the jealousy thing. TWICE. I think she's over it now.

BANNED

Why do you want Spider-Man to have a super heroine sidekick?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Why do you want Spider-Man to have a super heroine sidekick?
    I never said a super heroine sidekick for Spider-Man. Did I? I simply said an expansion on type of crime fighting partnership that Spider-Man has with The Black Cat to be expanded to 6 other heroines who could fit into the type of stories that the writer wants to explore. The ladies that I have talked about could be a master list of heroines that would allow a writer to choose from if he doesn't want to use The Black Cat for the sort of stories that he wants to write about. There are some story arcs of which The Black Cat might not be suited for, or she is being used by another writer. So the master list gives the writer the option to use another heroine, like Spider-Woman or Psylocke for example. I never said that any of the women mentioned will have a romantic relationship with Spider-Man. The idea was to identify the heroines who have the sorts of feelings towards Spider-Man as The Black Cat (before OMD). Thus, the readers could see a diverse mix of the few heroines who are close friends with Spider-Man. This is no different from the types of partnership that Spider-Man has with his male superheroes like Wolverine, Daredevil, Human Torch, Captain America, or even The Red Hulk. So the female side of his partnerships are no different, besides the emotional tension that some of them have for Spider-Man.

Also, The Black Cat is not a sidekick of Spider-Man.

So far, we have seen an expansion of Spidey's female partnerships expanded to include: Ms. Marvel, Silver Sable, Spider-Woman, and The Black Widow. And this is in addition to The Black Cat. It would be cool to see Spider-Man have a close friendship with Psylocke and The She-Hulk as well. These are the sorts of women who might share a common interest with Spider-Man respectively, regardless if they are in a relationship with other people or not.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-28-2012 at 11:47 AM.

I never said a super heroine sidekick for Spider-Man. Did I? I simply said an expansion on type of crime fighting partnership that Spider-Man has with The Black Cat to be expanded to 6 other heroines who could fit into the type of stories that the writer wants to explore. The ladies that I have talked about could be a master list of heroines that would allow a writer to choose from if he doesn't want to use The Black Cat for the sort of stories that he wants to write about. There are some story arcs of which The Black Cat might not be suited for, or she is being used by another writer. So the master list gives the writer the option to use another heroine, like Spider-Woman or Psylocke for example. I never said that any of the women mentioned will have a romantic relationship with Spider-Man. The idea was to identify the heroines who have the sorts of feelings towards Spider-Man as The Black Cat (before OMD). Thus, the readers could see a diverse mix of the few heroines who are close friends with Spider-Man. This is no different from the types of partnership that Spider-Man has with his male superheroes like Wolverine, Daredevil, Human Torch, Captain America, or even The Red Hulk. So the female side of his partnerships are no different, besides the emotional tension that some of them have for Spider-Man.

Also, The Black Cat is not a sidekick of Spider-Man.
    Wolverine is arguably the most or 2nd most popular character Marvel has. Of course Marvel would want to have Spidey and Wolvie interact a whole bunch.

The Human Torch and Spidey had a rivalry set up by Stan Lee because they were both about the same age. They were Marvel's first teenaged heroes.

Daredevil was created because Marvel wanted "another Spider-Man" type hero. They also share a lot of characters with each other (Kingpin, Ben Urich, Foggy Nelson and Liz Allan were in a romantic relationship for some time, and they both have shared The Punisher before he went out on his own).

Spidey and Red Hulk (or Rulk) don't have a whole lot of connection and I don't think can be classified in the same category with the other characters at all.

As for Captain America. I don't think he and Spidey have any kind of special friendship. I don't see it as being beyond "they are both major Marvel heroes."
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Wolverine is arguably the most or 2nd most popular character Marvel has. Of course Marvel would want to have Spidey and Wolvie interact a whole bunch.

The Human Torch and Spidey had a rivalry set up by Stan Lee because they were both about the same age. They were Marvel's first teenaged heroes.

Daredevil was created because Marvel wanted "another Spider-Man" type hero. They also share a lot of characters with each other (Kingpin, Ben Urich, Foggy Nelson and Liz Allan were in a romantic relationship for some time, and they both have shared The Punisher before he went out on his own).

Spidey and Red Hulk (or Rulk) don't have a whole lot of connection and I don't think can be classified in the same category with the other characters at all.

As for Captain America. I don't think he and Spidey have any kind of special friendship. I don't see it as being beyond "they are both major Marvel heroes."
    I only said the The Red Hulk and Spider-Man have a few things in common. Besides, he just join the team. So it might take sometime for them to develop a working relationship. As for Captain America, you should check out Avenging Spider-Man #5 as it talked about the shared interest that they have as far as being geeks in school as concerned. Just as Spidey and Ms. Marvel bonded over their love for junk food. Those are some of the types of shared interest that could set the stage for a close friendship.