Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

Yeah, Batman should have come out before Detective Comics.

I just read it and
    you know
    I feel this would had been a very very good comic, if Batman wasnt on it
    im serious, the idea of Arkham using the immates to fight the Talon via mind control or some other method is AWESOME
    bu unfortunately ost of this comic was Batman fighting Talons on a very unimpressive way

Im disappointed on this

the Two-face co-feature wasnt bad
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

I think it definitely could have worked without Batman. At the worst, he could have shown up at the end for a cleanup.

I'm hating the two-face backups. Maybe it's the writing, or my lack of interest but when I'm done reading them I'm left wondering whats going on. The regular story was fine, aside from the issue of Batman appearing. Wasn't he trapped in Wayne Manor? Hopefully Batman #9 addresses the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    I'm hating the two-face backups. Maybe it's the writing, or my lack of interest but when I'm done reading them I'm left wondering whats going on. The regular story was fine, aside from the issue of Batman appearing. Wasn't he trapped in Wayne Manor? Hopefully Batman #9 addresses the issue.
    obviously he escaped then moved to save Arkham but who knows
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    obviously he escaped then moved to save Arkham but who knows
    Bought it today and haven't read it yet, but would he be trying to "save" Arkham or just trying to prevent another mass breakout at the asylum again?

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

This takes place about an hour after the part in the Manor. When they are in the Batcave in Batman 8, it's 7:30ish. When Batman is at the Asylum, it's 8:30ish. Why is everyone having an issue with this? Well, I just read the issue (didn't bother with the back-up, since it will be continuing and this is my last issue of 'Tec). Fun issue. I liked the idea of the Rogues fighting the Talons, but some of that dialogue is just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    This takes place about an hour after the part in the Manor. When they are in the Batcave in Batman 8, it's 7:30ish. When Batman is at the Asylum, it's 8:30ish. Why is everyone having an issue with this? Well, I just read the issue (didn't bother with the back-up, since it will be continuing and this is my last issue of 'Tec). Fun issue. I liked the idea of the Rogues fighting the Talons, but some of that dialogue is just terrible.
    Batman was in his armor so maybe some people are wondering were he left it, at least I am. I don't suppose he left it on the side of the road on his way to Arkham.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    Batman was in his armor so maybe some people are wondering were he left it, at least I am. I don't suppose he left it on the side of the road on his way to Arkham.
    Well, issue 9 will still be starting in Wayne Manor, so I'm sure that will be address. Get the Talons temp low enough to freeze them, get out of the armor, hop in the Batmobile, and do work.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 05-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

It only look him an hour to defeat all the Talons in his house, secure the Manor, and get to Arkham?

Is this Batman or Nightcrawler?

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest Hero View Post
    It only look him an hour to defeat all the Talons in his house, secure the Manor, and get to Arkham?

Is this Batman or Nightcrawler?
    Nightcrawler returned! Except he got confused and came to the wrong company.

As a tie-in, the story is clean, has a clear resolution, passes the plot over to Nightwing, and moves on to the next thing. Felt like a quick read, but overall was very good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coverDC.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	92927

Please check my mini-reviews of DC and Marvel comics at:

http://myhumblereview.blogspot.com

Comments and feedback are always welcome!

The Two-Face stuff was just stupid. Back to being DA? It even sounds like generally most aren't aware of his crimes, assuming he's done anything publicly in this dcnu, but anyway he was in Arkham in Batman, right? These random character/history resets are really bugging me. The story he was telling when Two-Face loses his coin was vastness more interesting. As for Black Mask, it pretty much stated through hints that Dr Arkham had put the mask on and been possessed by it, so I assume some of the Black Mask 2 story happened (minus Joker gas etc. but NOW WITH ADDED POSSESSION!). Oh well, it was cancelled anyway and 9 was my last so whatever.

Tony Daniel is probably one of my favourite Batman writers. He, along with Scott Snyder, manage to write Batman in a gritty way while still keeping him fun. I'm really enjoying his work.

I also think Night of the Owls is a crossover done right! I like love that each issue displays the time, so it'd be easy enough to place all the stories in order, this story would make an EXCELLENT all-in-one hardcover. When DC get's back into the mega crossover business, I think the tie in's should be like this. Little one off stories that help paint a bigger picture, and have a miniseries containing the main story.

The Two Face stuff was...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Cuthbert View Post
    The Two Face stuff was...meh.
    The Two-Face story doesn't quite make sense yet, but the artwork in 9 on the back-up that tried to convey dark and moody just made it even more confusing because of the coloring (or lack of clearer colors). I had no idea of who some of the characters were and if there were suppose to actually be different people or just Generic Thug #1, Generic Thug #2, Generic Thug #3, . . .