Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by angeliclestat View Post
    Ahh why doesn't DC put Detective comics up on Comixology quicker?! It's about 7pm in the UK (at the earliest) before I can download it. Dark Horse has their comics up at midnight (US time), so when I wake up I can download them straight away. Would be nice to be able to do the same with Tec.
    DC releases their comics at 2pm EST. It's f'ing stupid. It's in an effort to make sure all the retailers (in the US) are given a chance to open and sell their comics. Meanwhile, no retailer is complaining about Marvel, Image release time and what not.

I enjoyed this. It was nice to see Black Mask.

Is Daniel able to tell a Batman story without Black Mask and Arkham? Not the Asylum, the guy who runs the place.

Also, how does this book work with Snyder's? How is Batman in two spots at the same time?

Sweetest Guy in the Swamp Manphibian's Avatar

I've been collecting 'Tec for 30 years, for the first time in decades I'm thinking of dropping it, I just can't get into Tony's work. I'm sad :-(

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    DC releases their comics at 2pm EST. It's f'ing stupid. It's in an effort to make sure all the retailers (in the US) are given a chance to open and sell their comics. Meanwhile, no retailer is complaining about Marvel, Image release time and what not.
    Does Marvel all their main titles same day digital now?

is this worth buying? thought about picking it up one last time for the Owls cross over...

Man, this was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Also, how does this book work with Snyder's? How is Batman in two spots at the same time?
    It's time stamped over an hour after where Batman #8 left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Is Daniel able to tell a Batman story without Black Mask and Arkham? Not the Asylum, the guy who runs the place.

Clearly he can....
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

He's not in two places at one time. Believe it or not, a day has 24 hours.

and a Night only has 12. Well, sundown to sunup... which right now is about 10 hours...

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

It's time stamped over an hour after where Batman #8 left off.
    I seem to remember seeing a preview page where the Batmobile is running over some Talons--my guess is that at the beginning of Batman #9, Bruce gets out of the manor, he drives off, has his adventure in Detective, and then he comes back to finish Batman #9.

Anyway, like the last issue, a pretty solid one-shot--hinted at some potentially interesting things to come with Arkham and Black Mask.

Here's my question...I'm sure you all read the Two-Face back-up...did a group of ninjas just recruit Harvey, or am I tripping balls?

This issue specifically telegraphs where Batman will show up next: BoP and part of Batman 9. So yeah, I assume the beginning of 9 is about Bruce defending the manor and the latter part is about him trying to save Lincoln March. In between he stops off at Arkham(which apparently only took about an hour) and wherever the Birds are. Anyway, this issue was fun, but Batman really did seem like too much of a thug in this with the way he was slapping Arkham around. Giving Black Mask seems fine to me since he had so few great stories about him anyway, changing him up is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Here's my question...I'm sure you all read the Two-Face back-up...did a group of ninjas just recruit Harvey, or am I tripping balls?
    The back up is just.... confusing. My brain turned off around "Hey Harvey, you want your DA job back?" ...what?

The back up is just.... confusing. My brain turned off around "Hey Harvey, you want your DA job back?" ...what?
    hey that's the page I started skimming it too

two main things I liked about this issue is daniel mentioning the black mask stuff, and that basil karlo seems to be the only clayface again

didn't care for the writing at all
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halite View Post
    and a Night only has 12. Well, sundown to sunup... which right now is about 10 hours...
    Depends on what part of the Earth you live on.