Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

As for me, I'm crestfallen over this.

I will not be foaming at the mouth angry and express my disapproval in that way. But I am not happy.

I just take comfort in the hope that Bertinelli will be back at a later date, because hardly anyone stays dead in comics.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Well this just makes me sad. One of my favourite characters is killed off panel and her death announced in an off-handed way. This feels very messy and more than a little insulting to Helena B. fans. It would have been better to not mention her at all; keep the hope alive and all that, and she could possibly have been introduced later on down the line. Not as Huntress but just as helena Bertinelli, school teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    Then just have one. I mean, they managed to have just one Batgirl without fridging the others off panel.
    Yet. They haven't fridged the others off panel yet.

BANNED

Aside from Batman Inc, I'm probably done with all Batman books until there's another shakeup.

It's pretty distressing. Huntress was never one of my favorite characters, but she definitely was one of a lot of other people's favorite characters. Worse than being ignored, now its like she never existed.

I can sort of understand DC's reasoning in keeping Wally West out of the current books, because you can't explain Wally without first explaining Barry Allen. It's a simpler explanation for who the Flash is.

But this isn't simpler. This is definitely more difficult to explain to a new reader than Helena Bertinelli was. I'm trying to see the upside here for DC, but it's just not there.

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

I'll still look the new WF over. But I can't say I'm pleased that DC used this Bertinelli handle as basically an afterthought right off the bat.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

I disapprove of this discarding of the Bertinelli character because it seems so wasteful. They've spent years developing her character and as demonstrated by Jason Todd, even an unpopular character can be retooled to success if you make the effort and find the right story for it. I agree with people who say that the Huntress suffered from being a prototypical 90's anti-hero, but that didn't stop Gail Simone from penning some entertaining tales with Helena in Birds of Prey. This tightening of the extended batman family with its determined weeding out of female characters feels very constricting. I miss Helena, Stephanie, and Cassandra.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helenab.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	92464

I hope Zinda's right.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    If I could like posts right now, I'd like yours. I really would.

That's what Tumblr is for!

Completely agreed.

I've said it many times before, but part of the reason why I'm learning the Italian language and why I'm so fascinated with Italy is because of her. And now it's not just that aspect of her that is gone, but it's her in general that's gone.

Fix'd

5Fix'd :D
    What-A-Drag....WE WILL HOLD THE LINE!....LETS GO AKAMARU!

Nightwing, Red Hood, Arsenal, The Question (Vic Sage), Dove (Don Hall)

Best. Characters. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Yet. They haven't fridged the others off panel yet.
    A cheerful thought. Not that I disagree mind. It would mark the end of my foray into DC if that happened, mind.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I loved the symbolism in having Helena Wayne burn up the Bertinelli I.D. Back in the day the only reason I bought Wonder Woman was for the Earth 2 Huntress back-up stories (Tangent: Although I was a HUGE fan of the Perez WW in the 80's) and I am so happy the original Huntress is BACK, just like my favorite Batgirl is finally BACK! My 2 favorite Bat-Characters have finally returned, retconned and full of new story possibilities and practically having that fresh new car smell!

It's a GREAT time to be a DC reader for this customer!! And from the preview I can see I'm going to be a big fan of Worlds' Finest!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Helena Wayne is back in name only. This is not the same character.

Funny how people are ok with characters being fridged as long as they are not their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    A cheerful thought. Not that I disagree mind. It would mark the end of my foray into DC if that happened, mind.
    Well, they are not dead yet.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

And a reminder, Bertinelli's death was an off-screen one, anyone who reads comics knows those don't count. If the WF duo isn't getting back to E2 anytime soon you'd better believe a certain mob princess will be gunning after the Huntress at some point!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I wish they would just make Dick, Robin again. I will really make that full jump to IDW and Marvel.
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

*sigh*

Another slap to the face for the younger generation and more sucking up to the should-have-retired-from-comics-ten-years-ago generation.

Brilliant business model, DC. Let's see how long it lasts when they start getting Alzheimer's, cancer and adult diapers...

From a young reader, so long Ms. Bertinelli:

Quote Originally Posted by ffritts View Post
    I wish they would just make Dick, Robin again. I will really make that full jump to IDW and Marvel.
    Maybe when they kill Damian off.

I was enjoying Birds of Prey and loving Starling, but if this is the kind of treatment a 20 year old character that was very popular gets, what chance does she have? Once BoP is cancelled she's as good as dead.