BANNED

Default First Knife and/or Second Sword Appreciation Thread

What would you like to see from either character?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    What would you like to see from either character?
    Them not appearing and the main characters (especially the females) get more character devolpment.

Look I get it, people like them, but they are side characters. Blast fodder.

I'd like to see more of them, but I have to agree with Wyo. If they are/were to become more "main" characters it should be a little bit longer from now. I'd like to see the first couple of arcs play out. Maybe have them defect to Shield or something as reserves, even though one took out Thor.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'd like to see more of them, but I have to agree with Wyo. If they are/were to become more "main" characters it should be a little bit longer from now. I'd like to see the first couple of arcs play out. Maybe have them defect to Shield or something as reserves, even though one took out Thor.
    Don't get me wrong, I like them, just now is not the time.

Once we get around to them coming after The Maker. We should get to see more of the First Knife and 2nd Sword
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Yeah I want more time spent on that guy we saw do that thing with marginally more detail than your average background "mook".

WIth only 3 comics in the line, we don't have the space to delve into every character sadly. It's just not feasible to do that and focus on the main characters AND get any story progression done I'm afraid.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Them not appearing and the main characters (especially the females) get more character devolpment.

Look I get it, people like them, but they are side characters. Blast fodder.
    :eek:
    This is an appreciation thread. For appreciation only. As an Elder Member I'd expect you to know that by now. You're on here every day.

And yes, I agree that 'character progression' should be focused upon more prominent characters like Monica, Tony, Cap, Spiderwoman etc but still; wouldn't it be great if not all the children were wiped out? Wouldn't be great if there were survivors? All I'm asking for is a couple of pages every arc or so, for now. I'd really like to see more from these children and to see some more insight into one of their individuals and their facade/personality. And I'm sure all of you'd be up for a 'First Knife vs Tony in his new suit' fight.

Elder Member

This is an appreciation thread. For appreciation only. As an Elder Member I'd expect you to know that by now. You're on here every day.

And yes, I agree that 'character progression' should be focused upon more prominent characters like Monica, Tony, Cap, Spiderwoman etc but still; wouldn't it be great if not all the children were wiped out? Wouldn't be great if there were survivors? All I'm asking for is a couple of pages every arc or so, for now. I'd really like to see more from these children and to see some more insight into one of their individuals and their facade/personality. And I'm sure all of you'd be up for a 'First Knife vs Tony in his new suit' fight.
    That's why I made this post

Don't get me wrong, I like them, just now is not the time.

BANNED

That's why I made this post
    I repeat: For appreciation only. As an Elder Member you should know that by now.

The bulk of you're post was non-appreciative.

Elder Member

I repeat: For appreciation only. As an Elder Member you should know that by now.

The bulk of you're post was non-appreciative.
    I like the characters, I just don't see anything significant enough about them to have to get more development before the main characters.

First Knife and Hulk team-up!
    Protect what's left of the City and the Children
    Now that's what I would want to see.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

BANNED

I like the characters, I just don't see anything significant enough about them to have to get more development before the main characters.
    I wasn't arguing them over the other characters. You're statement was unappreciative. It would be allowed in any other thread but not in an 'Appreciation Thread'.

And I wasn't the one who started talking about character development. You were.

Elder Member

I wasn't arguing them over the other characters. You're statement was unappreciative. It would be allowed in any other thread but not in an 'Appreciation Thread'.

And I wasn't the one who started talking about character development. You were.
    What I've been trying to say here is that I didn't mean to come across unappreciative, it was an accident.

BANNED

^
    ^
    That's sound.

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    First Knife and Hulk team-up!
    Protect what's left of the City and the Children
    Now that's what I would want to see.
    Too right.
    I want Hulk to stay friends with Reed. They could become truly great pals.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-27-2012 at 03:27 PM.