What is the Bat-Jam?: The Bat-Jam is an art Jam that I started and organized last year for CBR's very own Batman Forums. I based the rules on Several other Art-Jams that are frequently had on these boards, most notable the many X-Jams that the X-Men forums have had and that I've particiapted in before. But basically this is for all of our talented artists to come together and draw something. Every participant draws a randomly assigned character or characters and when we're all done we out all of characters and drawings into a single image showcasing all of our hard work in a single collage of awesomeness.
This Bat-Jam we have a theme though. Each participant will be assigned two characters (a dynamic Duo if you will) and will have to draw them interacting in a combat scenario together. They can be themselves fighting, they could be helping each other, whatever but at the end when all of our drawing come together we should have one Moment captured in an image that we've all contributed to.
I had a blast organizing last year's Bat-Jam and I think that so did everyone who participated in it and I hope that we all have a blast again with this.
How to Participate:
1. Every Poster who participates will pick a free number between 1 and 25 (Based on how many participants we get more numbers might be added but 25 seems like a good Number to start with).
2. That Number will assign the participant two Batman Characters (The Characters have been randomized thoroughly) that the participant will have to draw interacting in a combat scenario. They can be punching each other, helping one another out, one can be standing triumphant over the over, ETC. There’re a lot of possibilities. These drawing must be full body shots and in colour. We don’t want any character’s legs to be cut off. You can ask someone to colour in your image though if you wish.
3. You will have up until the Deadline of July 15th 2012 to pass your drawings in. If you do not pass in your drawing by then your character pairing will be put up for grabs for anyone to claim as long as they have it in by July 16th 2012.
4. Once all drawings are in myself or a helpful volunteer will put all of them together into a single image. What we should end up with hopefully is a grand image capturing a single moment in an epic Batfamily battle.
1. No single character trades. Participants can trade with pairs but they can’t swap single characters. Make sure you confirm your trade with me of course.
2. Try not to pick a number if you believe that you might not be able to complete your submission on Time, things happen so I naturally understand that if you have to back out you have to back out. Just give some warning so we can put your pairing up for grabs.
3. Be Polite to other participants, this is not a contest.
- Not every character in the Batfamily was put into this Jam. If one or many of your favourites were left out I apologize but I had to limit the number or characters for now. If the populace demands more numbers than maybe your favourite will appear in them!:)
- For the sake of the image I would prefer it if we all stuck to current identities with characters. Having 4 or 5 people in Robin suits might be a little confusing.
- However you don’t have to use their current costume if you would prefer another.
- This is not meant as a redesign Jam though. Put your own personal touches on outfits but I think we should shy away from full on redesigns.
- Artists of all levels of talent are welcome, don’t be afraid to join in just because you don’t think you’re up to par.
- If you have any questions or are confused in any way whatsoever feel free to ask your question in the thread or PM me.
- HAVE FUN!
EDIT: With the lack of participants the deadline is being indefinitely postponed. Basically what this means is that this thing will end once all Twenty-Five pairings have been chosen and submitted. The PM Warnings have not been sent due to this.
PREVIOUS BAT-JAM(s): 2011