Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Robert Kirkman. He ruined one of my favorite books. Like, REALLY ruined it.

I agree with those saying when Kirkman got onboard.
    He had some interesting ideas... but it just didn't work. Especially given the fact that BkV's run was so great, Kirkman's follow up was a big let down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
    This, and when it was discovered they were all test tube babies.
    Ugh, Ultimate Origin. I didn't even bother to read it. I heard enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Ugh, Ultimate Origin. I didn't even bother to read it. I heard enough about it.
    haha I just got that book too, and started reading through it. So far no sign of test tube babies but I'll be sure to keep an eye out haha. I also ordered the second book of Ultimate X-Men for like 5 bucks so we'll see. At least it won't be a huge waste of money if I don't like it. But like I said, I've liked it so far. I may just read until Magnetic North and act like that's the grand finale haha.

And I dunno, the gay/homophobic stuff doesn't bother me, if anything it makes the universe seem realer (which is what I heard UXM was shooting for - hence the live action movie following shortly after) I also feel this way about a man of power, no matter how good-hearted he is, having intense sexual desires. Just seems like they made the characters more in-tune with the real world. But again, I'll have to see how they go about this stuff as I've only read the first book where none of this was brought up.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    h

And I dunno, the gay/homophobic stuff doesn't bother me, if anything it makes the universe seem realer (which is what I heard UXM was shooting for - hence the live action movie following shortly after) I also feel this way about a man of power, no matter how good-hearted he is, having intense sexual desires. Just seems like they made the characters more in-tune with the real world. But again, I'll have to see how they go about this stuff as I've only read the first book where none of this was brought up.
    My issue with the Colossus/Nightcrawler thing is that they completely inverted the character dynamic into something really uncomfortable and hateful. Gay Colossus is a hard sell for me, but if the writing for it had been better, I would have gotten over it. But turning Kurt into a gay-panic bigot was really uncool.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Kirkman, and then Ultimatum destroyed it for good.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Gay Colossus is a hard sell for me, but if the writing for it had been better, I would have gotten over it.
    I do not understand. What is wrong with a character simply being gay? It is not as though the heterosexuality of the other characters was being written particularly well.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Silence View Post
    I do not understand. What is wrong with a character simply being gay? It is not as though the heterosexuality of the other characters was being written particularly well.
    Because they got cute with it, and played hide and seek around the topic for years. What's wrong with just being upfront about it and respecting the intelligence of your readers, rather than constantly dipping a toe into the bathwater? As for it being a hardsell for me, that's just me in general. I'm skeptical about revamps and shock value.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Kirkman, and then Ultimatum destroyed it for good.
    Nope, it's better than it has ever been now.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    Nope, it's better than it has ever been now.
    Nonsense, it will never be as good as the original 6 volumes ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Wrong forum, dude. xP
    The Ultimate forums are dead, and there are probably more Ultimate X-Men collectors in the X-Men forums than there are in the Ultimate forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    it's been awesome!
    I wholeheartedly agree. I'm also seriously lovin' Medina's and Barberi's art.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCrook View Post
    Does that really count as X-Men book though?
    It focuses on X-Men characters and X-Men issues, and no MU guest stars are involved - so yes, it does count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Nonsense, it will never be as good as the original 6 volumes ever again.
    Let's not go crazy here.

I agree with the majority here...it was a sharp ride downhill after this issue:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISYEG00Z.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	92468
    still really love that cover too...I sure wish we could get Immonen on a 616 X-Book. did I even read it up to #100? I honestly don't think I did...I think I stopped on 93 when I realized they were giving it to an unknown writer to kill in Jeph Loeb's name.
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    I agree with the majority here...it was a sharp ride downhill after this issue:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISYEG00Z.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	92468
    still really love that cover too...I sure wish we could get Immonen on a 616 X-Book. did I even read it up to #100? I honestly don't think I did...I think I stopped on 93 when I realized they were giving it to an unknown writer to kill in Jeph Loeb's name.
    Yeah, not only had both Millar and Vaughan left - but they also took Kubert and Immonen with them. Other than the occassional drop in art quality due to a substitute artist, the title actually enjoyed a solid run of a single good writer and a single good artist - up until issue 65. The Cable arc was tolerable, but I didn't like the art. I really like Larroca, but the guy was doin' possibly some of the laziest work of his career. I also really like Mark Brooks, but by then the title had run it's course.

Reboot 616! What could go wrong!
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.