Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Funnily enough, when I was leaving the cinema here in the UK after seeing the Avengers this afternoon, we overheard an announcement about one of the later showings being sold out. Still astounding that the ticket sales could do that well though ...
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

BANNED

I read somewhere that the UK gross for Thursday was around 4 million. 4 million. On a Thursday, with no bank holiday or school half term? Ridiculous. This film will be a box office monster.

Gone

It hit theatres last wednesday but IŽll only see it next week with my nieces.

Thing is... I donŽt think i can wait that long.

Damn. I was lucky. They were almost sold out when I got there, an hour early.

When we started going in all IMAX showings for the night were sold out. Queues were mad.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

I bought my tickets two weeks ago. I knew this movie was going to be a monster hit from the first trailer.

Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks

My friend and I are catching the earliest Saturday morning showing. We saw THE DARK KNIGHT at 8:30 a.m. opening weekend lol. I recall it being pretty crowded, but it was still more tolerable than a packed midnight showing.

8 more days!
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I read somewhere that the UK gross for Thursday was around 4 million. 4 million. On a Thursday, with no bank holiday or school half term? Ridiculous. This film will be a box office monster.
    My fingers are crossed it somehow beats Avatar, by all reports this is actually a good action flick.

Doubt it'll beat Avatar or Titanic but with the hype and good reviews , but has the chance to be the top grossing superhero movie of all time. Glad for Whedon to finally hit the big time.
    Now with Cabin in the woods and avengers , Whedon profile has been drastically raised. Before , he was known for being a niche writer/director.

well today was the premiere of the movie in my country (Guatemala). and to my surprise all showings of the movie in 2D almost sold out (in fact that is something rare in my country, it has been many years since a movie has done that in my country), and ALL 3D showings were sold out.

I saw it 2 times today. But the second time I wanted to see it in 3D, but it was sold out. I will go next wenesday to see it in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Doubt it'll beat Avatar or Titanic but with the hype and good reviews , but has the chance to be the top grossing superhero movie of all time. Glad for Whedon to finally hit the big time.
    Now with Cabin in the woods and avengers , Whedon profile has been drastically raised. Before , he was known for being a niche writer/director.
    Cabin in the Woods isn't going to change that.

BANNED

Cabin in the Woods is the most critically acclaimed horror movie for a long time. It might not be massive at the box office, but it's opened more peoples eyes up to Whedon's skill as a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Cabin in the Woods is the most critically acclaimed horror movie for a long time. It might not be massive at the box office, but it's opened more peoples eyes up to Whedon's skill as a writer.
    I don't know, I haven't seen it, looks and sounds pretty average to me. The whole knowing meta shit looks predictable, like it was made to make the people who edit tv tropes pages go gaga.

Not really sure how it opens more people's eyes to Whedon's skill when not may people went to see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I don't know, I haven't seen it, looks and sounds pretty average to me. The whole knowing meta shit looks predictable, like it was made to make the people who edit tv tropes pages go gaga.

Not really sure how it opens more people's eyes to Whedon's skill when not may people went to see the movie.
    Go see the movie then comment. Cabin in the woods is a great little movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post

I've seen it and I agree with you. I found it yawningly predictable, overall. The stuff I didn't know was kinda interesting but alternated between not being fully fleshed-out enough or not gripping enough.

I didn't go to the theater to be mildly amused. Maybe it'd be better as a cable flick.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I've seen it and I agree with you. I found it yawningly predictable, overall. The stuff I didn't know was kinda interesting but alternated between not being fully fleshed-out enough or not gripping enough.

I didn't go to the theater to be mildly amused. Maybe it'd be better as a cable flick.
    I know this is fairly off topic but you cant complain about a satire horror being predictable. Thats the point of it!
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development