Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Going back to the original topic, I'd say thematically I wish they used elements from 'The Ultimates 2' (much like this movie was inspired by 'The Ultimates'). The Ultimates 2 really explores the impact the existence of superheroes has on the geo-political status quo, and hints of that kind of discussion were already seen at the end of this movie. I'd even like to see a version of 'The Liberators'; the anti-American superhuman terrorist group in that arc...the leader of the group in the comic was Loki, so I'd prefer if they used someone else as the 'Big Bad'.

Operation: Galactic Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by hypkin View Post
    ;)
    Thanks dick pie.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Going back to the original topic, I'd say thematically I wish they used elements from 'The Ultimates 2' (much like this movie was inspired by 'The Ultimates'). The Ultimates 2 really explores the impact the existence of superheroes has on the geo-political status quo, and hints of that kind of discussion were already seen at the end of this movie. I'd even like to see a version of 'The Liberators'; the anti-American superhuman terrorist group in that arc...the leader of the group in the comic was Loki, so I'd prefer if they used someone else as the 'Big Bad'.
    I agree even thought you might have to write around Wasp and Ant-man or cut their arcs in half. Plus the BW romance with Iron man and subsequencial betrayal and death is tricky.

Who would you have replace him tho?

I would probably do combination of two story arcs at once. The first would be a movie with Kang and korvac as joint villians.

BANNED

you f****s have't seen the movie, have you???

it is obvious the sequel is going to be

Infinity Gauntlet.

Honestly, I was thinking earlier in the week that a Avengers vs. Thunderbolts, based on the first 12 issues of Thunderbolts, would make a great animated movie. But I don't think you would be able to pull my idea off in a live action movie since I envisioned it more of a stealth Thunderbolts project.

I'll go with Ultron, since of all the Avenger villains he is one of the simplest of the iconic ones available that isn't Loki. Failing that, I am sure someone could come up with a story about Count Nefaria and probably throw in Wonder Man as well, just to screw with DC.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I was thinking that Ultron could be made by Iron Man/Tony Stark instead of Pym. That way, they could avoid bloating the film with so many characters.

Otherwise, aside from Ultron, I wouldn't mind seeing Count Nefaria. That'd be pretty interesting - a more "Avengers-centric" villain. Are there any dark villains that could make the fight "personal"?
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

I'd love to see Civil War, aslong as no characters are portrayed as 'Pure Evil'. This could be a backdrop to another threat, the two teams either join forces again or fight seperatley.

Having seen the movie, it's obvious who the sequel's villain is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    Having seen the movie, it's obvious who the sequel's villain is going to be.
    Because of the leaked credits scene? Because if that's why you're saying that it doesn't make sense that villain is the Avengers villain considering Thor 2 comes out sooner than Avengers 2. Why hype Avengers 2 when it might not come out for 3 years?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

He's definitely being set up as more than just the villain for Thor 2. The dialogue indicates he'll be a big threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    He's definitely being set up as more than just the villain for Thor 2. The dialogue indicates he'll be a big threat.
    But that's the problem with that particular villain. It's such a HUGE escalation that you can only go down, plus it plays to the invasion plot that they just had in the first one. It's more sensible to use an earth-based threat, then bring back old raisin chin for the third one.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

Yea i definitely agree. Have him in cameo appearances in the other movies, continue building him up for the finale. Maybe in the mean time introduce some cosmic characters, like Mar-Vell or Nova or Drax etc.

Has any statement about Avengers 3 been made yet?

BANNED

Na not yet. But i'm pretty sure there will be one. It's all about the $$$. And i see this film making close to a billion, the sequel will only be bigger. Then the finale to a trilogy or saga is always the biggest.