Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I'd also love to see Kang. But i think time travel is even harder for the general audience to swallow than cosmic/space stuff. Time travel leads to complicated, even convoluted plots. With the cosmic stuff? It can just be fairly straight forward pulpy adventure stories, just set in space. You make the characters real and relatable, you make the stories simple, like the age old battle of good vs evil, there shouldn't be a problem. Just look at Star Wars. That's as outlandish as you can get. But the characters and the themes are easily understood and ring true despite the fantastical setting.
    Agree. Time travel would only muck it up…unless they did a Cap time travel…NO!!!

I don't know if Thor really worked. I mean it made money, but can we honestly say it succeeded in the cosmic scale? Silver surfer didn't work out so great either. Maybe with more advancements in CGI it'll work better.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Agree. Time travel would only muck it up…unless they did a Cap time travel…NO!!!

I don't know if Thor really worked. I mean it made money, but can we honestly say it succeeded in the cosmic scale? Silver surfer didn't work out so great either. Maybe with more advancements in CGI it'll work better.
    They don't need to more CGI, what they need to do is create a good story and good characters.
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was just bad. Thor I actually liked it got the elements of both cosmic and down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Push You Down View Post
    I don't know how well "Under Siege" would work without using the pre-existing movie villains. Otherwise it's really just X-2 isn't it? Bad guys invade the good guys home. There's nothing personal about it--no history.
    It would be pretty cool to have Weaving return as the Red Skull and take the role of Zemo and then get Roth to voice an improved CG Abomination and Rourke as Whiplash. You could introduce some rivals for Hawkeye and Black Widow.
    I always figured people would just assume that super-heroes take on super-villians on a regular basis, so that would be reason enough. Just have there be some line about them being bad guys that the various Avengers put away in the Vault (or The Raft, or The Big House) during their solo outings. Or show a bunch of them complaining about the various Avengers and drowning their sorrows at The Bar With No Name. Since they're pretty much all rank-and-file villians except for Zemo, I don't think you need much more than that. I know this may sound scandalous to some, but I don't think we really need to get too deep into the motivations of guys like Whirlwind, Absorbing Man, Screaming Mimi or Fixer.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Infinity gauntlet for the sequel and Kang dynasty for the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant-size-man-thing View Post
    Infinity gauntlet for the sequel and Kang dynasty for the third.
    great name and great first post
    FAdam K- How do you read comics and sit around on this board and not know who Gorilla Man is after the last couple of years??

Boycott #1 issues!!!!!

Where is red hulk's moustache?

INFINITY WARS!

And Carlson is Mar-vel
    Cyclops ad portas

Ultron. It's a step back from the aliens and 'splosions, while still being a world-class threat. Also, a little more rooted in "reality" than the cosmic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hypkin View Post
    the after credits scene shows Thanos, so... no human scale, it's getting way more cosmic ;)
    That could be a set up for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie though. I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do a bait-n-switch like that.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I always figured people would just assume that super-heroes take on super-villians on a regular basis, so that would be reason enough. Just have there be some line about them being bad guys that the various Avengers put away in the Vault (or The Raft, or The Big House) during their solo outings. Or show a bunch of them complaining about the various Avengers and drowning their sorrows at The Bar With No Name. Since they're pretty much all rank-and-file villians except for Zemo, I don't think you need much more than that. I know this may sound scandalous to some, but I don't think we really need to get too deep into the motivations of guys like Whirlwind, Absorbing Man, Screaming Mimi or Fixer.
    I agree that might be cool…although then we're getting into a Batman and Robin thing where the villains are hollow.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Look how Green Lantern turned out.
    There were many factors that contributed to the failure of Green Lantern. The sci-fi element was not one of them.

For me, if I were Marvel, I'd do the Count Nefaria as an evil Superman type.

Think of it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    There were many factors that contributed to the failure of Green Lantern. The sci-fi element was not one of them.
    Exactly. The problem with Green Lantern, well the biggest one was... Hal Jordan. He was a character no one could really connect with. He was a whinging douche bag who had an easy life, got granted these amazing powers but still moaned like a man child. Yea he had the tragedy of his fathers death, but it was done in a Hot Shots esque flashback.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Ultron for the sequel.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

My wish list
    Avengers 2 - Thanos
    Avengers 3 - Masters of Evil
    Avengers 4 - Kang
    Avengers 5 - Korvac
    Avengers 6 - Ultron

For Me Ultron should be the last opponent that ends the marvel cinematic universe. there's no villain that can top him imo.

they did say that the cast will be recast should any ever leave so avengers 6 could have a whole different cast from Avengers 1
    Last edited by DrewHLMW; 04-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    My wish list
    Avengers 2 - Thanos
    Avengers 3 - Masters of Evil
    Avengers 4 - Kang
    Avengers 5 - Korvac
    Avengers 6 - Ultron

For Me Ultron should be the last opponent that ends the marvel cinematic universe. there's no villain that can top him imo.

they did say that the cast will be recast should any ever leave so avengers 6 could have a whole different cast from Avengers 1
    6 Avengers movies! Wow. Ambitious! What would be cool, if they did Kang, is film a scene or two from the next movie and put it into the movie. So when the Avengers 4 comes out you have a scene or sequence, maybe from a different angle, that was in Avengers 3.