Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    So I guess Cap didn't learn his lesson from Children Crusade.

Wolverine = Punisher in Civil War.
    I don't think anyone necessarily looks bad there.

Ultimately, I think this is the reason Stark wanted Logan on the team in the first place. He's simply more willing to kill if necessary. And for at least a potential global threat, there's a chance that Logans way might actually be needed. Emphasis on the word MIGHT.

Sometimes... not always but SOMETIMES you can argue you need a killer. 99% of the time I do think Caps way is better... it's that 1% where a Logan can make all the difference in the world.

BANNED

What a horrible horrible series. LOL.

The only good thing to come out if this has been Uncanny 11, SA 26 and Watxm 9 and still they'd probably be better off without having to tie in with this dreck.

Why is everyone so irrationally angry and ready to throw down in this series? Its like everyone took an assload of PCP.
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

Wow, this is some of the worst writing I've ever seen! It's downright pathetic! Chuck Austen would be disgusted with those pages. This is the worst excuse to have two heroes fighting I've ever seen! It makes Civil War look amazing. It makes instructions on how to use condoms look amazing.
    Is there even an atempt of making sense in this thing? Cap attacks Hope's home with an army and it's Wolverine's fault she ran away! How did he though this was going to go? He beats up all the X-Men, takes her prisioner and she's going to be fine with it?
    He made Wolverine an avenger with the sole pourpose of killing people and now, he's shocked Wolverine decided to kill someone? Really?
    His way of reasoning with the imensely dangerous killing machine is punching him in the face. REALLY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The guy needs help! Help in the form of a straightjacket and a padded cell! He's completely insane!

And what's really bad about this is that Brubaker is trying to make him look good. He's trying to make him look like he's the one in the right! It's insanity!

As for Wolverine all I have to say is this:

HE SAW AT LEAST TWO PHOENIX HOSTS SAVE THE WORLD! SEVERAL TIMES! HIS LIFE WAS SAVED BY JEAN USING PHOENIX'S POWERS!
    NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE! IF YOU'RE GOING TO WRITE A STORY WITH THE PHOENIX, BRING A WRITER WHO READ A SINGLE STORY WITH THE PHOENIX ONCE!

I thought this event was going to be bad but I never thought it would be this bad. And it's getting worse with every issue! If it keeps going at this rate , the last issue is going to tear a hole in the fabric of reality by shear writing ineptitude and the World is going to end in 2012, just like the Mayans predicted.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Guess I'm in the minority, but I'm loving AvX so far. /shrug

It's potentially the end of the world so of course people are going to act irrational.

I think this book is gonna be like Secret Invasion, in that the main event sucks but the tie-ins are good.

Well, Versus sucked too, so just MOST of the tie-ins.

I hope there's some outside influence that's making them act like this. If not, these people have to step down as superheroes. They are too imature and insane to be trusted with superpowers. They need to be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post

It's potentially the end of the world so of course people are going to act irrational.
    I love the book too, but I gave up on caring about the idea of continuity and characterization at Marvel to do so. These are heroes who have faced worse threats countless times. They have actually faced this threat/entity often enough to not act like this.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post

It's the potential end of the world 2 or 3 times a week in the Marvel Universe. The heroes usually do not act like out of character morons at times like this.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Wow, this is some of the worst writing I've ever seen! It's downright pathetic! Chuck Austen would be disgusted with those pages. This is the worst excuse to have two heroes fighting I've ever seen! It makes Civil War look amazing. It makes instructions on how to use condoms look amazing.
    Is there even an atempt of making sense in this thing? Cap attacks Hope's home with an army and it's Wolverine's fault she ran away! How did he though this was going to go? He beats up all the X-Men, takes her prisioner and she's going to be fine with it?
    He made Wolverine an avenger with the sole pourpose of killing people and now, he's shocked Wolverine decided to kill someone? Really?
    His way of reasoning with the imensely dangerous killing machine is punching him in the face. REALLY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The guy needs help! Help in the form of a straightjacket and a padded cell! He's completely insane!

And what's really bad about this is that Brubaker is trying to make him look good. He's trying to make him look like he's the one in the right! It's insanity!

As for Wolverine all I have to say is this:

HE SAW AT LEAST TWO PHOENIX HOSTS SAVE THE WORLD! SEVERAL TIMES! HIS LIFE WAS SAVED BY JEAN USING PHOENIX'S POWERS!
    NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE! IF YOU'RE GOING TO WRITE A STORY WITH THE PHOENIX, BRING A WRITER WHO READ A SINGLE STORY WITH THE PHOENIX ONCE!

I thought this event was going to be bad but I never thought it would be this bad. And it's getting worse with every issue! If it keeps going at this rate , the last issue is going to tear a hole in the fabric of reality by shear writing ineptitude and the World is going to end in 2012, just like the Mayans predicted.
    Given the circumstances I think it's actually possible Hope might be fine with Steve taking her into custody. Not saying that's a given, but she might. If you're being taken over by a cosmic entity that's a potential threat to the planet, then it could be a problem. Logan trying to kill her is probably more of a deal breaker though.

And for what it's worth, I think it works better than Civil War. Since this is a potential global threat, I think they're more justified in acting in an extreme manner. In Civil War, there wasn't actually a problem that needed to be fixed. It was really just a lot of politics and public opinion which manufactured the crisis more than anything else.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    It's the potential end of the world 2 or 3 times a week in the Marvel Universe. The heroes usually do not act like out of character morons at times like this.
    True, but not to this extreme. It's not everyday a big flaming bird of fire is coming to engulf the Earth. Well, according to Cap. 'Murica.

Plus it's friends vs. friends as well. At least this is how my OCD rationalizes the "out-of-character" moments (which is entirely subjective anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by PympMyQuinjet View Post
    Why is everyone so irrationally angry and ready to throw down in this series? Its like everyone took an assload of PCP.
    I honestly don't think it's THAT out of character for Steve to slug Logan for crossing the line (or Steve's line at least).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I honestly don't think it's THAT out of character for Steve to slug Logan for crossing the line (or Steve's line at least).
    I agree. Plus Bru's writing this. If anyone has a grasp of Steve's character....it's him.

He's not listening to him, so he punches him? Granted, Logan can be incredibly stubborn. I wonder if that might be everyone's problem here in that they're all so stubborn and convinced they're right that they refuse to really talk out a potential solution.

Just making conversation here, but a few things bug me about this preview (only a few?). First, I guess Bru or Romita JR didn't get the memo that Hawkeye and Spider Woman are supposed to be all over each other every chance they get. Clint and Bobbi seem quite close on that first panel, and Jess is way over the other side of the group. Small detail, but I just thought I'd throw it out there, since most people seem to be so baffled with the miscaractarizations that no one mentioned this.
    Second one is a commum gripe and one that has plagued many Avengers fans during the Bendis years. Things are dire, the Avengers need every able body to defend the Earth against the end, yet why such a small grouping being devided in low-powered groups of 3 or 2 to search the world? Did JRJR get lazy and not draw everyone, or where are Photon, Tigra, She-Hulk, Black Knight, Hercules, Echo (to be fair), Living Lightning, Firebird, 3d-Man, Sersi and so many other past Avengers (I won't even mention Wonder Man, of course) that they couldn't be bothered to be called for the END OF THE WORLD? The X-Men seem to be calling upon all their resources.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.