Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the circumstances I think it's actually possible Hope might be fine with Steve taking her into custody. Not saying that's a given, but she might. If you're being taken over by a cosmic entity that's a potential threat to the planet, then it could be a problem. Logan trying to kill her is probably more of a deal breaker though.

And for what it's worth, I think it works better than Civil War. Since this is a potential global threat, I think they're more justified in acting in an extreme manner. In Civil War, there wasn't actually a problem that needed to be fixed. It was really just a lot of politics and public opinion which manufactured the crisis more than anything else.
    I'm on the same train of thought as XPac here, as far as Hope is concerned. In AVX #1 she was saying how they're all fighting over her and that she should go down there. Had Wolverine not barged in like a psycho, perhaps Hope would have gone with Wolverine and Spidey of her own free will. It's pretty clear that she isnt comfortable with the idea of being the "mutant messiah" (which, btw, is going to be revealed very soon to be a flawed concept, if my predictions are right), and if she does become the new host of the phoenix force, I think she's responsible enough to know that she doesnt want to put her friends and "family" in danger of her losing control. Maybe she wouldnt mind frying Cyclops, given how much of a douche he is to her...

I think the Phoenix is coming to reboot Cyclops. Ever since M-Day he hasnt been the same character.

In fact, maybe the Phoenix wont have to "reboot" anything/anyone at all. After this is all said and done, perhaps Beast informs cap of Cyclops' XForce team, Wolverine is kicked off the Avengers for that and his actions during AVX and Childrens Crusade, Wanda will be redeemed, Magneto will either sink or send Utopia into orbit, leaving the remaining Xmen a choice of siding with Magneto, or Wolverine. Either Cyclops dies, or is ridden with guilt or misleading the mutants, that he steps down and secludes himself into comic limbo. Alongside Prof X and Legion?
    The List: (New, Secret &) Avengers (+ Academy), Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Deadpool, Secret Warriors, SHIELD, Heroes for Hire, Deadpool, Wolverine

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

I thought was supposed to be this great strategic tactician. Punching a teammate in the face because he doesn't agree with you isn't exactly a good move, nor is it realistic. This fight seems kind of forced. I thought Wolverine would have started it before Cap.

Cap punching Wolverine because he won't listen is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. First off...even if he wanted to detain wolverine...shouldn't he have a plan beyond a sucker punch? The guy has a healing factor after all.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nox View Post
    He's not listening to him, so he punches him? Granted, Logan can be incredibly stubborn. I wonder if that might be everyone's problem here in that they're all so stubborn and convinced they're right that they refuse to really talk out a potential solution.
    It's not just that Logan isn't listening to him... it's that Logan not listening to him takes the form of him trying to kill an innocent girl. Granted I do think Logan actually has somewhat of a valid perspective given the circumstances... but I think a punch in the jaw for trying to kill someone is pretty much the only consequence Logan will ever gets for crossing the line (and he does it more often than he arguably should), so I don't have a huge problem with it personally.

BANNED

It's not just that Logan isn't listening to him... it's that Logan not listening to him takes the form of him trying to kill an innocent girl. Granted I do think Logan actually has somewhat of a valid perspective given the circumstances... but I think a punch in the jaw for trying to kill someone is pretty much the only consequence Logan will ever gets for crossing the line (and he does it more often than he arguably should), so I don't have a huge problem with it personally.
    Personally, I have to disagree with that one. Cap punching Wolvie felt really out of place. The conversation really didn't call for it. Wolvie didn't seem irrational. In fact he made some fair points. For someone as diplomatic as Cap, punching Wolvie seemed really unnecessary.

Still think that punching a little psycho with reknown hair trigger temper, who is supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine while you are inside an enclosed space thousands of miles in the air, is not the kind of brilliant move I'd expect for the best tactician and greatest strategic mind of the Marvel Universe.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Personally, I have to disagree with that one. Cap punching Wolvie felt really out of place. The conversation really didn't call for it. Wolvie didn't seem irrational. In fact he made some fair points. For someone as diplomatic as Cap, punching Wolvie seemed really unnecessary.
    Logan DID have a point. Which is why I think Cap will keep him around, despite what Logan did.

I don't 100% agree with what Steve did, but I don't think it's that out of character either. He punched Punisher for killing the criminals in Civil War, and has punched Nick Fury on multiple occasions for crossing the line as well.

Odd are Cap will slug Logan, Logan will slug Steve, then they'll come to an understanding and move on. I genuinely don't believe for a second this will be that big an issue for either. I don't think this is comparable to say Steve and Tony or Steve and Scott... I think it's just Logan and Steve working out an issue in an overly physical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Still think that punching a little psycho with reknown hair trigger temper, who is supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine while you are inside an enclosed space thousands of miles in the air, is not the kind of brilliant move I'd expect for the best tactician and greatest strategic mind of the Marvel Universe.

Peace
    I guess I'm alone in thinking this, but I honestly don't see this as a real fight. I think both will slug each other, come to an understanding, and move on. I don't see this as a real "thing" to be honest. But we'll see.

I guess I'm alone in thinking this, but I honestly don't see this as a real fight. I think both will slug each other, come to an understanding, and move on. I don't see this as a real "thing" to be honest. But we'll see.
    Cap probably figures he needs to keep Wolverine within sight, on a tight leash, or else he'll spend every waking minute worrying about Hope's safety. I'm sure Doctor Strange could put Wolvie in a coma or ship him off to another dimension for a while, but we saw how well that worked with Hulk. So Cap's decided to earn a little respect the hard way.

Preview looks decent enough, Im enjoying this event so I guess Im in the minority. Hell Ive enjoyed every tie in except the New Avengers one this week, it was just atrocious besides the art.

If anything look at it this way, Cap was just reminding Wolverine of his place on the Avengers, and with a guy like him logic often doesnt work, so violence will.

BANNED

They should have an issue that's more X-Men's perspective. We've been following the Avengers too much!

Ill give you that, especially after two Avenger victories in VS.

What does Cap hope to accomplish by punching Logan? Dude takes machine gun fire and keeps coming... wtf is a punch going to do? Might as well have just given him a kiss.

Is a punch really going to change the mind of one of the most stubborn people in the MU? Dude has been gutting people since before Cap was born... suddenly going to turn that off?

Going to reserve judgment until the series is complete, but so far it has really been insulting my intelligence to have these characters coming to blows this way.

Why would a poorly worded and constructed press release (last issue) sway any opinion? Why is Cap reading from a paper list? Why send only Spider-Man and Spider-Man to Doom's Latveria? Why would Cap clock Wolverine in an aircraft knowing Logan is going to retaliate? Is everyone holding back/pulling their punches knowing they can literally kill each other?

Terrible preview. Makes me glad I'm not buying the series. Cap punching Wolverine is idiotic. I want to see them throw down at some point, but not this soon, and not until Logan changes sides, and certainly not this forced.