Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: "Avengers Vs X-Men" #3

Marvel has provided CBR with an exclusive preview of Ed Brubaker and John Romita Jr.'s "Avengers Vs X-Men" #3. Captain America and Wolverine square off as the threat of the Phoenix looms closer on May 2!

Full article here.

Everyone is acting pretty irrational.

What the hell, Cap?

Why are they doing a manual search? What happened to the "Phoenix Detector" that led them to find Hope on Utopia in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
    Why are they doing a manual search? What happened to the "Phoenix Detector" that led them to find Hope on Utopia in the first place?
    I thought all it did was tell them there was a flare up on Earth, but not the location. Didn't they need to poll the school mutants for the who?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
    I'm going to try to earn my first No-Prize and say that there are certain locations which come up "blank" due to various reasons, so the heroes have to search them manually.

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I'm going to try to earn my first No-Prize and say that there are certain locations which come up "blank" due to various reasons, so the heroes have to search them manually.
    I'd say the detector only works, when the PF is invoked. So they can sit by the detector and wait, in which case the X-Men will probably get there first, or they search for her.

Even Wolverine is telling him his plan sucks. So he sucker punches him, learning a thing or two from Cyclops.

Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar

Nothing opens up the lines of communication more than a right hook, right Cap?
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by Last1oftheJedi View Post
    Actually, a left hook is evidently better.

Why all the complaints? This proves that Cap has no intention of murdering Hope.

One does have to wonder what Logan's thinking. Past history has proven that killing a host before the Phoenix takes possession is unlikely to be effective; if it brought Jean back from her grave, there's nothing saying it gives up and goes pffft if he kills Hope.

Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar

I recant this statement. After reading the book, Wolvie wasn't in a "listening" mood. Besides, after the attempt on Hope's life, someone needed to sock ol' Wolvie on the jaw.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

I recant this statement. After reading the book, Wolvie wasn't in a "listening" mood. Besides, after the attempt on Hope's life, someone needed to sock ol' Wolvie on the jaw.
    it was still stupid as hell. everyone knows that his jaw is made of adamantium. was Cap just in a mood to break his hand? Pym was on board. why didn't he use one of his science gadgets to taser Logan; prior to kicking him off the aircraft?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Leader View Post
    Even Wolverine is telling him his plan sucks. So he sucker punches him, learning a thing or two from Cyclops.
    So.......... youd prefer Wolverine's Plan to kill her?
    and the thing is caps plan isnt that he would be able to keep the firebird from her primaraly, its so that when it does get her it wont be on earth where millions of lives will be at risk, thats what wolverines not clear on

BANNED

Now all you fools babbling about cap wanting to Murder Hope can shut the Hec up!

I'm speachless at how stupid this "story" is turning out to be. From what I've seens, Civil War is Shakespeare next to this. Truely baffling.

Peace