Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    You're right, scam is the wrong word..

Regurgitation would be more fitting.

They already did the X-Men Vs. The Avengers back in the 80's..

Attachment 92448

I haven't read X-men or the Avengers since the early 90's so I imagine the new vs story does feature near characters but the point is, its still something that has already been done. And in a way it does feel like a gimmicky cash grab since the Avengers are getting mainstream exposure right now..

Savage Dragon is a damn good superhero book and while it has traditional comic book elements to it, it also brings something new to the table and offers up a lot of surprises. So I think its totally worth sacrificing AvX or Deadpool for. But well, I gave up a long time ago trying to get people to break their obsession with Marvel and DC's watered down titles in favor of quality indie titles. Some just fear change...
    But..but..that was X-Men vs Avengers.

This is Avengers vs X-Men.

Totally different.

When did the spam jump in?

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

I've been a bit let down with AvX so far. If you like Super Heroes Invincible is a great book. War, The Activity. Just read a Savage Dragon/ Super Patriot book and enjoyed it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    That's why when it comes to Image, I mostly buy TRDPBKs and maybe I'm wrong, but I think Todd McFarlane is the only one who actually NUMBERS his paperbacks so that's why I mostly collect SPAWN! (However, I am interested in ARTIFACTS.)
    Most of the ones I can think of are numbered. Kirkman numbers all of his trades. Li'l Depressed Boy is numbered. Chew is numbered. Morning Glories is numbered. Not sure about Hack/Slash - the omni buses are numbered but I don't have any of the trades. Savage Dragon is not and I'm not sure about others.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    [A couple spoilers below, so don't blame me...]

There's no arguing that. They're up-front about it on the opening page: "You want plot? Look elsewhere!" or something to that effect. Then you get Iron Man vs. Magneto. Nobody has any business ripping Batman a new one after Iron Man fires no fewer than 2,000,000 (seriously, Magneto "counted"!) anti-magnetism discs from his armor. Even if Stark had a bunch stuffed up his colon, that's ridiculous. Iron Man "wins" because Magnethead suddenly "gives up" (and the reason why is lame).

Namor vs. The Thing is worse. The Thing can now breathe underwater (I didn't know of such a development), and defeats Namor in his own element. And even then, he doesn't, because...well, in case somebody wants to blow some more cash, I won't spoil it.

AvsX is just silly. Not that many others comics, by ALL the publishers, aren't, but this is way, way up there.
    This comic that you speak of isnt the actual AvsX... this comic was the battles that happened in AvsX... Its actually called VS: Avengers vs X-Men. The main story takes place in Avengers vs X-Men. Thats why there is no plot in the book...

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Most of the ones I can think of are numbered. Kirkman numbers all of his trades. Li'l Depressed Boy is numbered. Chew is numbered. Morning Glories is numbered. Not sure about Hack/Slash - the omni buses are numbered but I don't have any of the trades. Savage Dragon is not and I'm not sure about others.
    Bomb Queen, Dynamo 5, Skullkickers, Orc Stain, Proof, and all the Luna books are numbered

I mostly buy TRDPBKs and maybe I'm wrong, but I think Todd McFarlane is the only one who actually NUMBERS his paperbacks so that's why I mostly collect SPAWN!
    Man you really shouldn't let this deter you from collecting a certain series. It isn't that difficult to find out what issues are collected in each TPB, it's usually listed on any decent retailer's website.

Quote Originally Posted by yungducketz View Post
    Man you really shouldn't let this deter you from collecting a certain series. It isn't that difficult to find out what issues are collected in each TPB, it's usually listed on any decent retailer's website.

Plus, it is usually from like 6-8 books in a TBK. I haven't seen many that are much larger and are still priced as TPBs.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

BANNED

finding out the reading order of a series isn't that difficult if you're a half way intelligent person. even then...

BANNED

I LOVE IMAGE, BUT... $4.00 dollars a pop is still pretty steep but the thing is with IMAGE, very few books I have seen have self-contained stories! You have to buy a few preceeding issues to get caught up to speed and then the series has no end in sight! That's why when it comes to Image, I mostly buy TRDPBKs and maybe I'm wrong, but I think Todd McFarlane is the only one who actually NUMBERS his paperbacks so that's why I mostly collect SPAWN! (However, I am interested in ARTIFACTS.)
    wait, it seems you meant to say Marvel/DC. most Image books aren't $4, and a good chunk of them are limited series.