Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 673
  1. #1
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default True Blood -- Season Five

    Just read that True Bloods new season starts in June (the 10th I believe). Considering the way they left things with Russel having gotten out of his concrete prison (although we never saw him) and the preacher from Season two (or was it three) having been turned, this is shaping up to be an interesting season. Anyone else looking forward to it's start?

  2. #2
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Been looking forward to it for a while, though I'd thought it didn't start until the 17th or 24th of June..hopefully it is the 10th.

    Though yes, the preacher was mostly from season 2. I'm wondering who turned him and why. Well, I can probably guess the why..he hated vamps so one probably did it just to mess with him.

    I'm wondering how they are going to deal with Russell. I've looked up a bit about the new season and apparently we're going to see some members of the Authority. I've also seen it said some of the members are something like 5,000 years old..which is weird to me since Eric called Russell the strongest vamp on the planet, though it's possible he didn't know.

    Now I'm not saying that is a spoiler..simply because I only found out when I was reading over a true blood wiki and they mentioned some possible characters for season 5.

    One thing I don't want to see this season is a love triangle between Bill, Eric, and Sookie.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  3. #3
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    I think it will be more a rectangle, between Eric, Bill, Sookie and Alcide. I am pulling for Alcide because he is better for her. My wife is pulling for Alcide because... well... Look at him.

  4. #4
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    I don't know, Sookie murdered Debbie. While she did deserve it and I'm sure Alcide will understand..it might get in the way of any romance. Especially if Tara somehow survives.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  5. #5
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Lets be accurate though... Sookie didn't murder Debbie. Sookie killed Debbie in self defense. Debbie came after her. It could still stand between them but... Sookie has accepted bigger problems with both Bill and Eric. I am betting Alcide can get over this.

  6. #6
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I don't know, Sookie murdered Debbie. While she did deserve it and I'm sure Alcide will understand..it might get in the way of any romance. Especially if Tara somehow survives.
    If she survives I'm banking on it being as a ghost. It seems to be popular in supernatural shows these days with Being Human, Vampire Diaries, and just recently Bobby returned to Supernatural as a ghost.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  7. #7
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Lets be accurate though... Sookie didn't murder Debbie. Sookie killed Debbie in self defense. Debbie came after her. It could still stand between them but... Sookie has accepted bigger problems with both Bill and Eric. I am betting Alcide can get over this.
    After Sookie got the gun and pointed it at Debbie she wasn't trying to attack her anymore and she was in fact begging for her life IIRC. Her life wasn't in danger anymore.

    Unless I'm forgetting something and Debbie, with the gun pointed at her, still tried to attack her.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  8. #8
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Lets be accurate though... Sookie didn't murder Debbie. Sookie killed Debbie in self defense. Debbie came after her. It could still stand between them but... Sookie has accepted bigger problems with both Bill and Eric. I am betting Alcide can get over this.
    Yep. When a person breaks into your home in a attempt to kill you then you have every right to respond in kind. As far as this love square relationship between Sookie, Alcide, Bill, and Eric I personally hope that she chooses Alcide. For one I'd like to have a female protagonist to choose someone other than a vampire for once, and two I can see Alcide as the stable boyfriend that Sookie needs
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  9. #9
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    After Sookie got the gun and pointed it at Debbie she wasn't trying to attack her anymore and she was in fact begging for her life. To me, that's murder.

    Unless I'm forgetting something and Debbie, with the gun pointed at her, still tried to attack her.
    Yes. Lets have Sookie spare the woman who will eventually try to kill her again
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #10
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Yes. Lets have Sookie spare the woman who will eventually try to kill her again
    I never said that, I simply pointed out that her life was no longer in danger at the time and thus it wasn't self defense.

    Unless of course she did lunge at her or something with the gun pointed at her.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  11. #11
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I never said that, I simply pointed out that her life was no longer in danger at the time and thus it wasn't self defense.
    Can you blame her? The woman broke into her house and tried to kill her then she went on to kill, probably, Tara who was trying to protect her. Speaking of Tara what do you think about the ghost theory?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  12. #12
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Can you blame her? The woman broke into her house and tried to kill her then she went on to kill, probably, Tara who was trying to protect her
    No I don't blame her one bit, but then I'm not the one who brought up accuracy.

    Speaking of Tara what do you think about the ghost theory?
    Possible, especially since Lafayette is a medium now. Though I think she will just be healed with vamp blood, assuming Bill or Eric can get there in time.

    It would be interesting for Tara to owe her life to a vamp considering how much she hates them.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  13. #13
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    After Sookie got the gun and pointed it at Debbie she wasn't trying to attack her anymore and she was in fact begging for her life IIRC. Her life wasn't in danger anymore.
    Just because Debbie was begging for her life doesn't mean that she still wouldn't have killed Sookie at the first opportunity. The woman broke into her house. The woman was also a were. Sookie's shot was 100% self defense. Pure and simple. Kill or be killed. Had Debbie killed Sookie, then THAT would have been murder.

  14. #14
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Just because Debbie was begging for her life doesn't mean that she still wouldn't have killed Sookie at the first opportunity. The woman broke into her house. The woman was also a were. Sookie's shot was 100% self defense. Pure and simple. Kill or be killed. Had Debbie killed Sookie, then THAT would have been murder.
    Her life was in no danger at the time, that's not really self defense. Killing Debbie was not the only way for her to get out of that situation alive.

    I mean it's not a big deal, Debbie did kill her best friend..but it was indeed murder. Justified murder, but still murder.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  15. #15
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Her life was in no danger at the time, that's not really self defense. Killing Debbie was not the only way for her to get out of that situation alive.

    I mean it's not a big deal, Debbie did kill her best friend..but it was indeed murder. Justified murder, but still murder.
    Sookie had every reason to believe that the moment she put the gun down, or let down her guard, Debbie would strike. She was in fear for her life in her own home. Legally and morally, it was 100% self defense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •