Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

....man i consider following the guy on twitter too close, and someone got his home number?? that's f***ed right up. In all honesty, I would ahired a hacker and tracked that f***er down if I was Slott, and roll 5 deep on him on some real stuff. No fan should have the number of where my/his seed lays his head at night, so I really hope those Anon kids or some hackers get at him.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    No. I didn't.

You have the post here on this thread. Please quote where I said that.
    The post was about unacceptable behavior where some posters crossed the line to try and have an effect on my REAL WORLD life.
    If you're reading any more into that, I'm sorry but that's on you.
    Well, if you say you didnt do it then you didnt do it.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

How the eff can anyone consider themselves a Spider-Man fan while wishing deadly diseases on people?!

Wolverine fans? Sure, I could see it. Deadpool? You betcha! Maybe even Squirrel Girl. But Spidey?! WTF?!
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

You can see that Dan Slott is a true fan:

Somebody wishes him cancer: "Meh!"
    Somebody leaks his phone number: "You'll have to do better, b....!"
    Somebody spoils him Avengers: "F... that s..., I'm out of here!"

(Yeah, I know it was more a last straw thing, but it says something that the last straw was the Avengers movie :p)
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

(Yeah, I know it was more a last straw thing, but it says something that the last straw was the Avengers movie :p)
    LOL Yes...it's the Avengers thing that would push most of us over the edge!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Everything that doesnt include the stuff about Avengers, telephone, is there on the post, right?
    Did you read those parts? Cause it seems that for some strange reason you are ignoring that and only focusing the examples he chose to present as the worst.
    Yes I did read it, and there isnt anything thats not about people taking it to a level beyond simple dislike. There is a bunch of examples of him telling his friends to quit it, but thats just to show that he is taking his own advice.... which is the point of the post.

He is also discussing about people saying simply hating on his work.
    This is why he didnt get to the personal stuff until half way into the that post.
    kindly post the quote then. Im not seeing it.

He clearly mentions people just acting like dicks.
    being a dick does not mean not liking his work. You are not a dick for simply disliking what hes doing in ASM. He does not even begin to say you are. The word is used to describe those who go to the next level beyond simple complaining about what hes doing.

I'm discussing the subject of this thread which has been brought up here by Dan before.
    What Dan has said on CBR forums is not the subject of the thread.

He has said these basic exact words about this same exact subject before.
    The one difference is that now he added that he is quitting formspring.
    This isnt some new revelation with some completely new information that has never been heard.
    This thread is about what Dan said in that post on Formspring. Not what he said in X thread about something different. Stay on topic.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

lol that is funny. +10

If you were to get all the Spider-Man fanboys in a room and tell them to make a Spider-Man comic, it would suck.

Let them do their jobs. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Wait till a new creative team comes along and try that out. Fanboys have a really perverse sense of entitlement when it comes to fictional characters and massive corporations 'owing' them.

Slott should write a comic called 'The Punisher vs. The Internet' where Mr. Castle tracks down all these anonymous internet warriors and has a "chat" with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    If you were to get all the Spider-Man fanboys in a room and tell them to make a Spider-Man comic, it would suck.

Let them do their jobs. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Wait till a new creative team comes along and try that out. Fanboys have a really perverse sense of entitlement when it comes to fictional characters and massive corporations 'owing' them.

Slott should write a comic called 'The Punisher vs. The Internet' where Mr. Castle tracks down all these anonymous internet warriors and has a "chat" with them.
    I agree with this statement. And I'll say that I am not a fanboy at all. I just express my opinions. But I would never tell a professional writer what to write about as I am not his editor. Even if that were the case, I feel that it's important to let the writers do their job with passion. With regards to Spider-Man, for example, I will agree with Dan that Spidey should not have a romantic relationship with a female superhero because it becomes more about Spider-Man and less about Peter Parker. And the fanboys will take bets as to when that superhero relationship will crash and burn. I know I throw a lot of stuff over the past year. But I would never talk about the stories on any of the characters I talk about. Nor would I ever come up with new characters. I only talk about the stuff that isn't present with some of the Marvel characters. But, I always keep in mind that if a writer isn't interested with doing a super heroine reltionship for Spidey on a romantic level, I respect their decision. And I wholeheartedly feel that right man is working on ASM is Dan Slott. And to think that some idiot out there would have the nerve to threaten him. The individual ruined it for everyone. Dan is one of the few top writers who makes himself available for all of us to ask questions to him. Most writers don't even reply to fan questions. But, I would like to believe that some of the industries talented writers are also fans of the products that they produce.

Sweetest Guy in the Swamp Manphibian's Avatar

Let's leave Dan Slott alone, it's Quesada we should be getting, he's the one that F'ed up Spidey, Dan's just fixing his mess and doing a fine job.

This coming from a guy that quit Spidey after OMD until about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Manphibian View Post
    Let's leave Dan Slott alone, it's Quesada we should be getting, he's the one that F'ed up Spidey, Dan's just fixing his mess and doing a fine job.
    I would say no-one, not Dan, not Joe Q, not anyone should be targeted with stuff like this.

I can understand not being happy with what creators do with your favourite characters but at the end of the day these are just comic books, no creators personal life life should be targeted for what their creation.

As one said before me: "Avengers spoiler gets more priority than going into personal stuff?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    thanks a lot to everyone that made Mr Slott reach this conclusion

NOT!
    Oh hey, that classic bad never fun "NOT" joke
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

As the resident Chinese Buddhist on these boards, yes Dan, I agree, whoever has done this amassed very unwholesome karma.

Affecting a person's, ANY PERSON's real life, like this person/these people did to you, crosses a very serious line and fanboy rage DEFINITELY does not justify something it. As cliche as it may be, spewing hatred doesn't make a situation better. Never does.
    "I am a man of peace."
    "A man of peace who fights like ten tigers."

aww man. Dan Slott is such a nice guy, too! I bet it's one of those horrible evil 4chan people.

That's it, I'm never becoming famous now.

Seriously though, there's a line not to cross and when it comes to private information being posted online, that's where I put my foot down. I hope this doesn't sour Slott from interacting with fans via other online avenues, such as this board.