Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Senior Member Darthfury78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,193

    Default

    I have to say that the formspring platform is much better than twitter. Every time, I post questions, none gets answered there's just too much unnecessary stuff that goes on with Twitter. I just wish that Dan Slott had simply take a break from Foamspring for a month or two and then return to it. And the notion that someone has his address and phone number, the person who posted it was probably lying to him about it. It would have been easy to just ignore those rude questions as SPAM and simply focus on those that he could choose to answer. I just don't feel that there was any need to disable the account because of one or two bad seeds because it just proves that they have won.

  2. #92
    Moderator Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I have to say that the formspring platform is much better than twitter. Every time, I post questions, none gets answered there's just too much unnecessary stuff that goes on with Twitter. I just wish that Dan Slott had simply take a break from Foamspring for a month or two and then return to it. And the notion that someone has his address and phone number, the person who posted it was probably lying to him about it. It would have been easy to just ignore those rude questions as SPAM and simply focus on those that he could choose to answer. I just don't feel that there was any need to disable the account because of one or two bad seeds because it just proves that they have won.
    According to Slott, someone posted his home phone number as a way to intimidate him. So it probably wasn't a bluff.

    It seems that the comment wasn't "I have your home phone number" but "Your home phone number is (212) 555-5555."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

    Formerly,
    Cyberman

    Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

  3. #93
    Senior Member Darthfury78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    According to Slott, someone posted his home phone number as a way to intimidate him. So it probably wasn't a bluff.

    It seems that the comment wasn't "I have your home phone number" but "Your home phone number is (212) 555-5555."
    To me, if I was in that situation, I would have changed my phone number and make sure that it's not listed by paying the phone company to insure that it stays that way. To the idiot who intimidated Dan Slott with his personal information: That was a very stupid thing to do as you ruined it for everyone.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Crimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Good Ol' UK
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To me, if I was in that situation, I would have changed my phone number and make sure that it's not listed by paying the phone company to insure that it stays that way. To the idiot who intimidated Dan Slott with his personal information: That was a very stupid thing to do as you ruined it for everyone.
    If you read the original post, he did that. But why should he have too?
    http://comicsaga.blogspot.com/
    Come visit my blog about all things comics!

  5. #95
    Just Sayin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle of Hell, OH
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manphibian View Post
    Let's leave Dan Slott alone, it's Quesada we should be getting, he's the one that F'ed up Spidey, Dan's just fixing his mess and doing a fine job.

    This coming from a guy that quit Spidey after OMD until about 6 months ago.
    No creator should get this kind of abuse. It's disgusting.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

  6. #96
    Just Sayin'
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle of Hell, OH
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    It's amazing that people in the thread are actually questioning Slott's decision here. Did you all just skim the post?
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    And now there are only 198 Formspring accounts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •