Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thread Drift: "Dying Wish" Speculation

Who's dying?

Who would have a dying wish?

On the "dying wish" title, I will note that it doesn't necessarily mean somebody is dying. It could be the last request of somebody who has already died.

(I'm not predicting this or anything. Just noting that nothing is as clear as it may seem with that title.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Who's dying?

Aunt May? JJJ? Carlie? Hell Doc Ock could be the one with the dying wish (I know this story sounds like it's supposed to be his last story but I'm thinking maybe it's just his last plot and dying wish is some kind of dying man's wish or something. That's IF it's Doc Ock and I don't think it will be merely putting it out there.)

Could be any of those IMO. And yes of course it could be MJ as well.

As for the seismic changes that no-one could ignore I have no idea it could be that your fears could be spot on but it could be that KurtW95 and those like him will get their wish and get Gwen back alive.

Of course I'm most likely completely off-base but hey it's mere speculation on my part at least till we find out more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Who's dying?

Well, Aunt May already died like four times, so, maybe Peter finds a shelf with all the dying wishes she had and decides to do them all and also take her to Disney World because she's awesome : D
    And then #700 is all about Spider-man and Mickey Mouse teaming up to fight a villain that made all of the Disney World villains real because our great overlord Disney pleased so.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Osborn is in a coma, perhaps he has a dying wish, one his Goblin Cult goes out and performs for him.

Or maybe Kraven the Hunter comes back to face Spidey, the only one who can grant his wish...for death!

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Osborn is in a coma, perhaps he has a dying wish, one his Goblin Cult goes out and performs for him.

Or maybe Kraven the Hunter comes back to face Spidey, the only one who can grant his wish...for death!
    As far as Osborn is concerned I was just trying to think of a ''big gun'' baddie who could appear in 700, but having said that your idea could work.

As for Kraven I completely forgot about him now that you mention him I think that's a possibility now.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Kraven.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Peter beat the crap out of a comatose Norman Osborn. Could be disturbingly funny in it's own way.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Clearly Dying Wish is Hope (or whatever Cyclops' daughter from the altered future thingy is called) wanting Spider-man to bring good to the world, then on #700 he finally accepts his destiny as the guy the Phoenix Force uses, and so ASM ends with the start of... Amazing Phoenix-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Kraven.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Peter beat the crap out of a comatose Norman Osborn. Could be disturbingly funny in it's own way.
    Don't worry, he'll be beating up a dying Doc Ock soon, that'll do us for black humor in what's left of the year.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Clearly Dying Wish is Hope (or whatever Cyclops' daughter from the altered future thingy is called) wanting Spider-man to bring good to the world, then on #700 he finally accepts his destiny as the guy the Phoenix Force uses, and so ASM ends with the start of... Amazing Phoenix-Man!

LOL I'd love to see him turned into the Amazing Phoenix-Man.

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Clearly Dying Wish is Hope (or whatever Cyclops' daughter from the altered future thingy is called) wanting Spider-man to bring good to the world, then on #700 he finally accepts his destiny as the guy the Phoenix Force uses, and so ASM ends with the start of... Amazing Phoenix-Man!.
    Phoenix Man wll seek Hope's revenge by pooping on Captain America's motorcycle while perched on top of a nearby telephone pole line.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I hadn't thought of Kraven, but yeah, that's a possibility. And if Spider-Man was forced to perform a mercy killing, it would bring "nobody dies" to a head and redefine his status quo.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Was coming in here to suggest Kraven. Beat to the punch by the new guy.

Hopefully, Kraven comes riding back into New York astride a raptor.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Was coming in here to suggest Kraven. Beat to the punch by the new guy.

Hopefully, Kraven comes riding back into New York astride a raptor.
    A raptor? LOL That'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    A raptor? LOL That'd be cool.
    He was hanging out in the Savage Land back during his Venom appearance. Was chasing after Flash on a raptor through the jungle while chucking spears at the guy.

Pretty badass.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

"Sorry, mister...Kravinoff, is it? We have a strict no-pets rule in the building, and I could have sworn I heard scratching...through...your -- Oh my god. No, no. Must've been mistaken! GOTTAGOBYE!"

-Theophilus