Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I see you have fallen for the clever ruse. The guy in Prototype 2 is clearly not Blacklight Alex Mercer, but post-Ouroboros Albert Wesker.

    His disguise is pretty clever, I will grant you, though he couldn't quite imitate Mercer's voice.

    But really, his transformation before the final boss fight gave it away.
    Sorry Siriel, but I already beat you to the Albert Wesker jokes last night in the "curbstomps you want to see" thread.

    And can anyone tell me why there was all that foreshadowing about PARIAH in the first Prototype if they weren't even going to give the kid a cameo in the sequel?
    Supposedly, he's mentioned again in Blackwatch Net and by consuming the other scientists and soldiers in the game. Honestly, I don't why they needed Mercer as a villain when PARIAH could've done it better for the sequel. Hell, the conversion of humanity into Prototypes would've made more sense as PARIAH's goal since he would likely want to finish what his mother started.

  2. #17
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,026

    Default

    Haven't seen the Net/consumes videos yet, so I guess that's possible.

    But the issue about saying "PARIAH would have fit better" is...

    Well, we don't really know anything about PARIAH. Aside from the fact that he's apparently never tried to escape from Blackwatch's surveillance and looks like a kid.
    We don't even know if he can do anything special.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  3. #18
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Don't forget that he had just been 'powered up' before the fight too, just to make it even more laughable.
    ... So they turned Mercer, someone who was pretty alright as a character to begin with. Built him up in the first game and then 'Destroyed him with a Nuke.' Had him reform from a Nuclear Explosion into 'Not-Mercer.' gave him a 'power up' and then had him lose to Heller.

    Lord.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  4. #19
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,026

    Default

    If it makes things any better I still found not-Mercer to be a more interesting character than Heller.

    ...No, wait, that just makes it worse. Dammit.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  5. #20
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    If it makes things any better I still found not-Mercer to be a more interesting character than Heller.

    ...No, wait, that just makes it worse. Dammit.
    Now, I'll admit that I never played the game and that I only watched video walkthroughs.

    But it seems to me that Heller went from normal dad who happened to be a soldier to generic angry Black man with Blacklight powers.

    Even tossing in the plot twist that changed his motivation to 'reunite' instead of 'me smash Mercer, me angry', there wasn't much to his character. Also, he was a lot more gung-ho about killing the crap out of Blackwatch, which is kind of justified but extra creepy given that Mercer was not this happy about slaughtering people back in Prototype.

    Also, Blackwatch has a lack of competent people with morals. Is there seriously not a single person who was forced to work with them? I'd like to think that the supply of sociopathic scientists in Prototype-Earth is not so high that it'd be easier to draw from that pool of talent than drawing from not-crazy scientists.

  6. #21
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Now, I'll admit that I never played the game and that I only watched video walkthroughs.

    But it seems to me that Heller went from normal dad who happened to be a soldier to generic angry Black man with Blacklight powers.

    Even tossing in the plot twist that changed his motivation to 'reunite' instead of 'me smash Mercer, me angry', there wasn't much to his character. Also, he was a lot more gung-ho about killing the crap out of Blackwatch, which is kind of justified but extra creepy given that Mercer was not this happy about slaughtering people back in Prototype.

    Also, Blackwatch has a lack of competent people with morals. Is there seriously not a single person who was forced to work with them? I'd like to think that the supply of sociopathic scientists in Prototype-Earth is not so high that it'd be easier to draw from that pool of talent than drawing from not-crazy scientists.
    The only scientist in Blackwatch who had a good set of morals was Dr.Ragland and he's presumably killed by Mercer between Prototype 1 and 2(at least that's what I assume unless the comic books depict otherwise).

  7. #22
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The only scientist in Blackwatch who had a good set of morals was Dr.Ragland and he's presumably killed by Mercer between Prototype 1 and 2(at least that's what I assume unless the comic books depict otherwise).
    Well, I suppose Mercer only has himself to blame for that one.

  8. #23
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The only scientist in Blackwatch who had a good set of morals was Dr.Ragland and he's presumably killed by Mercer between Prototype 1 and 2(at least that's what I assume unless the comic books depict otherwise).
    The comics do try to explain why we ended up with Wesker in Prototype II, as I understand it.


    ...Wait. Wesker. Alex Wesker. It all makes sense now! Resident Evil and Prototype are in the same universe!
    It explains everything! The omnipresent crazy doctors, evil military, incompetent security system...
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  9. #24
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well, I suppose Mercer only has himself to blame for that one.
    I cannot blame a man for being fueled by hunger.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  10. #25
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The comics do try to explain why we ended up with Wesker in Prototype II, as I understand it.


    ...Wait. Wesker. Alex Wesker. It all makes sense now! Resident Evil and Prototype are in the same universe!
    It explains everything! The omnipresent crazy doctors, evil military, incompetent security system...
    And the glowing weak spots that should not be there.

    My god, this has serious implications.

  11. #26
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    10,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well, I suppose Mercer only has himself to blame for that one.
    It would also be a dick move if it's true, considering the guy helped cure him of Blackwatch's anti-virus, saved his sister's life after she was infected by Greene, and was probably the only friend he ever had.

    It is apparent to me that Miburo is the odious force behind these recent events. It's only sane and abusable explanation.

  12. #27
    Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Canada
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Clearly, the Supreme Hybrid will come back in Prototype 3, now under control by Cross' mind. He will show up in the last 5 minutes with his shockstick and beat PARIAH before rappeling into the sky and leaving the series for good.
    His planet will need him. Sadly he will probably die on the way to his home planet

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •