Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Arnold shouldn't have been Conan cause he's not from Cimmeria, also the Terminator cause he's not a robot
    This was never conclusively proven...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Superman is alien both types and just Ellian Gonzalez was illegal immigrant,Clark Kent is not American he was not born in America or a territory.You drop a baby in America and change its name does not make them American.Kal El is illegal alien and clark kent is a fake identity for a illegal alien
    Actually, for more than 20 years he was born in America...

adkal, you got some splaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    adkal, you got some splaining to do.
    He is referring to the John Byrne birthing matrix spaceship.

Ah.... gotcha.

Does the guy who made this thread realise that pretty much all the DC/MArvel movies have british actors in it like Doc Ock and Magneto? Heck, the young Magneto in First Calss was played by an irish actor(or was it the young Xavier). Anyway, this thread is a bit silly.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 04-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Does the guy who made this thread realise that pretty much all the DC/MArvel movies have british actors in it like Doc Ock and Magneto? Heck, the young Magneto in First Calss was played by an irish actor(or was it the young Xavier). Anyway, this thread is a bit silly.
    Yeah, but they're villains...Hollywood loves having Brits as villains...

:P

What he didn't realise, though, is that a British character (Sherlock) was played an American (Downey Jr) in two movies (with a third on the way) - and when it was pointed out to him it, apparently, didn't count...

You rebel scum.

While I would like to see more Americans cast in Hollywood movies (seriously, the American actor is practically an endangered species these days) Superman is the one most open to being played by a foreigner, as that is what he is. Singer was absolutely right in the idea that Superman is the ultimate immigrant success story.

Now I'd really like to see Armie Hammer replace Bale in the next Bat-iteration.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Not to mention both Xaviers are Scots & the new Spider-Man is a Brit. Thor's an Aussie and actually the 1st Magneto was a Scot & the 2nd is Irish. OH! How could I forget - Wolverine is an Aussie, but he's meant to be Canadian, so I guess it's alright.

Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by stebbinsd View Post
    A British actor should NEVER, under any circumstances, be cast as the Man of Steel. Superman is an AMERICAN icon, and he should be kept as such.
    Like others, I'm incline to disagree. I didn't read all the pages in this thread, so if this was brought up then I apologize, but I think you are mistaken in regards to the impact Superman has for people in the US and abroad.

Superman is WORLD-WIDE icon, with an origin in America. To say that only an American should play him is ridiculous. The best actor for the job should be the one who portrays Superman, and if that person is Henry Cavill then so be it.

I hate to say it, but I can see where the OP is coming from. As long as the movie is good, I don't care who plays Superman. But can you imagine what would happen if they cast an American as James Bond?
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I'm pissed they didn't get a real Kryptonian to play the part! What next, white men portraying Native Americans?!

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I hate to say it, but I can see where the OP is coming from. As long as the movie is good, I don't care who plays Superman. But can you imagine what would happen if they cast an American as James Bond?
    Well they did cast an American as Sherlock Holmes and that's as "British" as Bond
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I'm pissed they didn't get a real Kryptonian to play the part! What next, white men portraying Native Americans?!
    Johnny Depp is playing Tonto in the Lone Ranger movie