Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    No, being forced to migrate, and choosing to migrate are completely different. Even more so when it was his parents that made the decision for him, particularly because Kryptonians look like humans. Not because of US of A.
    Good thing he just happen to have landed in the Greatest Country in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Psh

WHATevs!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    Obviously since Superman is Kryptonian, he should be played by a Kryptonian.
    haha this is awesome!

Well let's see.

Hugh Jackman played Wolverine. Christian Bale played Batman. Mel Gibson played William Wallace. Elija Wood played Frodo. Sean Astin played Samwise. Andrew Lincoln plays Rick Grimes. Clearly an actor is only capable of playing a character of the same nationality. Otherwise the movie or show will be a complete failure and in no way be a suitable representation of the source material. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Superman is 6'3", has black hair, blue eyes, fair skin and generally an athletic build and speaks with an american accent.

Good luck finding someone who can act and fulfils all those without hair dye, coloured contact lenses, lifts and a dialect coach, not that they'll probably bother with most of those after all Christian Bale didn't dye his hair or wear coloured contacts to play Bruce Wayne and he is also 2" too short but he probably did get a dialect coach.
    He didn't need one. He usually plays Americans or uses a non-regional dialect. My accent until I was 18 or so was German-sh, it had been worked out of me and now I have a non-regional dialect. My girlfriend is from Russia, moved here when she was 6 and unlike me still speaks Russian but she also has no accent that indicates where is from. LEarning an American accent is easy and doesn't require a dialect coach.

Quote Originally Posted by protonik View Post
    He didn't need one. He usually plays Americans or uses a non-regional dialect. My accent until I was 18 or so was German-sh, it had been worked out of me and now I have a non-regional dialect. My girlfriend is from Russia, moved here when she was 6 and unlike me still speaks Russian but she also has no accent that indicates where is from. LEarning an American accent is easy and doesn't require a dialect coach.
    Good luck trying to learn a NY Italian American Accent.. Forgettaboutit...

Guess Arnie shoulda never been Conan....

Good luck trying to learn a NY Italian American Accent.. Forgettaboutit...
    My default drunk accent IS Italian! ow Yoo dewin?

BANNED

America! AMERICA! WERE NUMBER ONE!

Maybe Michael Clark Duncan shouldn't have been the Kingpin, either....

Famke Janssen shoulda never been Jean Grey.

Still meant to be NYC. Gotham City is meant to be Newark, NJ also.
    No, Metropolis was originally based off of Cleveland and Toronto. It was later modeled after New York City. Gotham is modeled off of NYC, since the name Gotham is also used in association with NYC and has been long before Bob Kane and Bill Finger came along. As Denny O'Neil said, Gotham is lower Manhattan at two thirty in the morning. Metropolis is upper Manhattan during the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    No, Metropolis was originally based off of Cleveland and Toronto. It was later modeled after New York City. Gotham is modeled off of NYC, since the name Gotham is also used in association with NYC and has been long before Bob Kane and Bill Finger came along. As Denny O'Neil said, Gotham is lower Manhattan at two thirty in the morning. Metropolis is upper Manhattan during the afternoon.
    That works too.

You crossed the line there. Clark Kent is a American Citizen. Smallville is in Kansas. Metropolis is New York City. And Yes, Superman is a American Icon created in Cleveland, Ohio.
    Superman is alien both types and just Ellian Gonzalez was illegal immigrant,Clark Kent is not American he was not born in America or a territory.You drop a baby in America and change its name does not make them American.Kal El is illegal alien and clark kent is a fake identity for a illegal alien

Also this topic is very stupid.It is called acting people play people different countries even races all the time but i do wish somebody tell Tyler Perry and Martin Laurence stop playing women

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Superman is alien both types and just Ellian Gonzalez was illegal immigrant,Clark Kent is not American he was not born in America or a territory.You drop a baby in America and change its name does not make them American.Kal El is illegal alien and clark kent is a fake identity for a illegal alien

Also this topic is very stupid.It is called acting people play people different countries even races all the time but i do wish somebody tell Tyler Perry and Martin Laurence stop playing women
    I think we should all start singing Genesis - Illegal Alien