Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You crossed the line there. Clark Kent is a American Citizen. Smallville is in Kansas. Metropolis is New York City. And Yes, Superman is a American Icon created in Cleveland, Ohio.
    I don't know how official the adoption process of the alien found in the field was. In AC#8 Clark said if his identity is ever discovered, he would simply cease to exist and become someone else. Metropolis is Metropolis. Superman is a global icon. If anything, he's the ultimate iconic immigrant. Comes to the USA from a distant land in search of a better life than he would have had where he was (no planet where he came from), spent time in the heartland before moving to the city where after some struggle he made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    If an American can portray Sherlock Holmes surely a Brit can portray Superman
    My thoughts exactly.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I don't know how official the adoption process of the alien found in the field was. In AC#8 Clark said if his identity is ever discovered, he would simply cease to exist and become someone else. Metropolis is Metropolis. Superman is a global icon. If anything, he's the ultimate iconic immigrant. Comes to the USA from a distant land in search of a better life than he would have had where he was (no planet where he came from), spent time in the heartland before moving to the city where after some struggle he made it.

Ill take the 75 years worth of history over something that was only created 7 months ago.

BANNED

It's hypothetical. His identity never was discovered in 75 years.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Nothing describes America and The American Way any better then that.

More like he was forced to leave his planet because it was about to blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Nothing describes America and The American Way any better then that.
    It also describes the British way, the Canadian way, the Australian way, the leave the cold country and run away to live in a tropical island way ...any country anyone comes to to try to have a new life. The USA does not hold the monopoly on that.

And to the person who started the thread. Could you sound any more ignorant,intolerant, and xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's hypothetical. His identity never was discovered in 75 years.
    That and the fact that it was meant to be a statement that nothing would get in his way of helping people. Not even that. I doubt someone would do it, although it would be interesting to see him live under a different name and identity for a while. He would obviously go back to being Kent in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    More like he was forced to leave his planet because it was about to blow up.
    not being blown up is a better life isn't it?

You'll have to get used to it, I'm afraid. American's love of pablum means the actors/actresses getting work stateside are typically those with looks, rather than talent. Basically, we need to import talent from other countries where legitimate actors are still in demand.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I wonder if we'd have an equal "uproar" if an American actor were to be cast as James Bond...

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    not being blown up is a better life isn't it?
    No, being forced to migrate, and choosing to migrate are completely different. Even more so when it was his parents that made the decision for him, particularly because Kryptonians look like humans. Not because of US of A.

Well some guy on the internet is pissed, so I guess we'll have to scrap the movie and start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder if we'd have an equal "uproar" if an American actor were to be cast as James Bond...

Most probably. Especially initially.

The falling point would be the accent - some of the 'English accents' put on by the Americans in certain movies are just...painful...

Heck, some of the regional accents put on my some British actors are painful, too.

Anyone seen Cold Light of Day?

How did you feel about Cavill's accent in that?

Quote Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
    ...the leave the cold country and run away to live in a tropical island way...
    Hey! I rememble that remark...

...didn't 'run away', though...just, y'know, took an opportunity...