Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stebbinsd View Post
    A British actor should NEVER, under any circumstances, be cast as the Man of Steel. Superman is an AMERICAN icon, and he should be kept as such.

And that's not to say that I have anything against the British, not by a long shot. I'm fact, I'm a huge fan of Tony Jay; he was one of the most prolific voice actors of all time, and left behind a lifetime of wonderful voice-acting memories for me; may his soul rest in peace.

But, unless you're just deliberately going for all-out parody, he should NOT be cast as the voice for Uncle Sam.

And I don't care how well he does. Maybe he'll perfectly mimmick an American accent; maybe he'll do Superman so well that it makes Christopher Reeve look like a high school drama student. I don't know, but it's largely irrelevant; it's a matter of principle that only American actors should portray Superman.
    Didn't you hear? Superman renounced his American citizenship. He's not an American, and now as a result of the New 52 he never was.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that an American should NEVER, under any circumstances be cast as the Man of Steel ever again - unless you are going for some sort of parody.

Smallville and Metropolis aren't even real places.!!

They could be ANY town, in ANY country, ANYwhere in the world.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Didn't you hear? Superman renounced his American citizenship. He's not an American, and now as a result of the New 52 he never was.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that an American should NEVER, under any circumstances be cast as the Man of Steel ever again - unless you are going for some sort of parody.

Smallville and Metropolis aren't even real places.!!

They could be ANY town, in ANY country, ANYwhere in the world.
    You crossed the line there. Clark Kent is a American Citizen. Smallville is in Kansas. Metropolis is New York City. And Yes, Superman is a American Icon created in Cleveland, Ohio.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 04-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You crossed the line there. Clark Kent is a American Citizen. Smallville is in Kansas. Metropolis is New York City. And Yes, Superman is a American Icon created in Cleveland, Ohio.
    they have NYC in the DCU, Static and Supergirl are there

btw I agree with the OP, we saved the british during WWII and this is how they treat us?

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    they have NYC in the DCU, Static and Supergirl are there

btw I agree with the OP, we saved the british during WWII and this is how they treat us?
    Still meant to be NYC. Gotham City is meant to be Newark, NJ also.

As much as I try I can't find it in me to respect this argument in any facet.

An actor, you know...acts. That's their job. The very nature of their business is to play people who are not themselves. So I couldn't care less that by blood Cavill is British. He's still playing an alien raised in Smallville, Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Robert Downey Jr in the two latest Sherlock Holmes films with a third planned.
    Again, it doesn't matter.

It should be noted that Batman is being played by a Brit and that the Oscar winning Joker from The Dark Knight was Australian
    I'm not really a Batman fan, so I didn't know all of this until now; but even then, it's still insulting.

Again, what if Tony Jay did the voice of Uncle Sam? Doesn't it just sound... off?

I'm not really a Batman fan, so I didn't know all of this until now; but even then, it's still insulting.

Again, what if Tony Jay did the voice of Uncle Sam? Doesn't it just sound... off?
    Daniel Day Lewis is gonna be Abraham Lincoln.

It's called acting, and all nationalities can do it.

Superman should always...always...be played by a black female canadian left-handed midget.

Always.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

A man's nationality has nothing to do with his talent and the last Superman (Returns) could be said to be quite American...director, leads, villains and it was crap.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

You think that's a good way of appealing to people's patriotic side? What if it were Uncle Sam? Uncle Sam is just an old guy in a propaganda poster. Who freaking cares?

Well it could have been worse. It could have been that American actor that got the part ...the one that has two expressions...wooden and not so wooden...Tom Welling.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    You think that's a good way of appealing to people's patriotic side? What if it were Uncle Sam? Uncle Sam is just an old guy in a propaganda poster. Who freaking cares?
    If your American you care, but as for who should play him anyone who could get the job done.

BANNED

America > Not America

Arnold shouldn't have been Conan cause he's not from Cimmeria, also the Terminator cause he's not a robot
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Isnt this thread kind of pointless at this point in production

also DC had an american as John Constantine
    so its british payback, mate

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The new Spider-Man is British too.
    I didnt knew that
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/