Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Practice Make Awesome lheiskell's Avatar

Granted the release date is a couple of weeks past Labor Day, but where's Judge Dredd in this poll?

BANNED

more hard hitting reporting from CBR...

didn't everybody love Captain America, too? I ask because that movie was pretty terrible. Lots of style, but awful storytelling.
    at any rate, I'm far more excited for Nolan's finale than a superhero team up. But that's just the Batman fan in me being biased.

A lot of butthurt batman fans in here! LMAO!!

BANNED

Those who are writing off Avengers as a shallow popcorn flick are in for a nasty surprise. It doesn't have political themes like Nolan's movies, but who gives a shit? It has better characterisation and dialogue, is genuinely funny and heart warming, plus action scenes that are actually, you know, good.

It's like an old school blockbuster along the lines of Raiders, but in a shiney 21st century package.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Saw it yesterday. It was SO... DAMN... GOOD.
    You saw it yesterday? How? It doesn't come out until May 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by EricFox View Post
    You saw it yesterday? How? It doesn't come out until May 4th.
    We won't see it 'till then but a lot of other countries get it earlier for some reason. Plus some like Lord Bravery (that lucky son of a...) just got advance screenings somehow. Its sad but there are already a lot of people on CBR who have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Heres to what will hopefully be a legendary year for superhero films.
    I get the feeling that this could be one of the biggest summers for box office take in years. Between Avengers and DKR, it's going to be huge especially how Avengers is tracking.

And as long as ASM fills me with the same feelings I had when I watched Raimi's first Spider-man, I'll be happy.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Those who are writing off Avengers as a shallow popcorn flick are in for a nasty surprise. It doesn't have political themes like Nolan's movies, but who gives a shit? It has better characterisation and dialogue, is genuinely funny and heart warming, plus action scenes that are actually, you know, good.

It's like an old school blockbuster along the lines of Raiders, but in a shiney 21st century package.
    Yeah, I know a few peeps who got to see it and they also say its a great all around flick and not just a "popcorn"flick. I kinda think it's a goofy thought process to assume just cause a movie has a lot of special effects that's all it's going to have to offer, like if you have lots of effects you can't have a solid story, characters, etc.
    "You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again." ~Me, 1985

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    more hard hitting reporting from CBR...

didn't everybody love Captain America, too? I ask because that movie was pretty terrible. Lots of style, but awful storytelling.
    at any rate, I'm far more excited for Nolan's finale than a superhero team up. But that's just the Batman fan in me being biased.
    I disagree about Captain America. And I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but that and Marvel movies are two completely different animals. You can't compare them, even though as fans we do. I will say that Dark Knight Rises is operating with a deficit because it is the end of a saga, where Avengers is the possible debut of a saga and one of the few superteam movies besides X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
    Yeah, I know a few peeps who got to see it and they also say its a great all around flick and not just a "popcorn"flick. I kinda think it's a goofy thought process to assume just cause a movie has a lot of special effects that's all it's going to have to offer, like if you have lots of effects you can't have a solid story, characters, etc.
    Yea, i mean, i don't care how good the action scenes are, if you have a stupid story and the characters are written poorly, I might as well just be watching a fireworks display.

You need good characters you can root for so when the shit does hit the fan, it doesn't get boring. It's why i hate the Transformers films. All that spectacular action and CGI, but it's just sooooooo boring.

that pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMio View Post
    A lot of butthurt batman fans in here! LMAO!!
    I count ONE post where somebody writes they're surprised TDKR "lost" to Avengers.

"Over 3500 votes" cast...sounds like a lot, but when you think about hundreds of thousands of people hitting the theaters, it's not that much. Both movies are going to make big bucks. Spidey's one of my favorite characters, but I don't think ASM is going to do the same kind of business as those two.
    Last edited by verslibre; 04-26-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    I will say that Dark Knight Rises is operating with a deficit because it is the end of a saga, where Avengers is the possible debut of a saga and one of the few superteam movies besides X-Men.
    TDKR's campaign will be ramped up in the next couple months leading up to its release. We're getting one more trailer (supposed to be attached to Avengers, even). And this "superteam" film will exceed the rest because the Fantastic Farce movies were barely better than "made for cable" and the last X-flick stunk -- but I think the X-trilogy pretty much stinks, with only XMO: Wolverine being watchable. I haven't seen First Class because I...just don't want or need to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    TDKR's campaign will be ramped up in the next couple months leading up to its release. We're getting one more trailer (supposed to be attached to Avengers, even). And this "superteam" film will exceed the rest because the Fantastic Farce movies were barely better than "made for cable" and the last X-flick stunk -- but I think the X-trilogy pretty much stinks, with only XMO: Wolverine being watchable. I haven't seen First Class because I...just don't want or need to.
    You're kidding right? Wolverine was probably the worst one. Shocking film, massive waste of potential. First Class is fantastic. X-2 is great too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    I disagree about Captain America. And I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but that and Marvel movies are two completely different animals. You can't compare them, even though as fans we do. I will say that Dark Knight Rises is operating with a deficit because it is the end of a saga, where Avengers is the possible debut of a saga and one of the few superteam movies besides X-Men.
    you can compare them. both are movies about superheroes, which puts them in a genre together. being completely different types of superhero movies doesn't change their core similarities.

but anyway, I'm not interested in pitting them against each other.

and captain america sucked...