Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    ...and captain america sucked...
    Now how the heck am I supposed to ever agree with you on anything ever again when you are so fundamentally wrong about this vital point.

Batman Begins was just OK to me and only loved TDK because of the Joker (whenever he wasn't on screen it was just ok) so I can't imagine TDKR keeping momentun with TDK. Not to mention that its difficult for films to get that 3rd movie right.

BANNED

Captain America, the first hour or so anyway, is right up there with the best superhero movies. I don't see how this is debatable.

As for Nolan's movies? I prefer Begins to TDK. TDK is so serious it's zooms straight over serious into corny melodrama. When Harvey Dent started pontificating at the dinner table i wanted to jump into the movie and pour a jug of water over his head. It's just so unaware of how inherently ridiculous it is it kinda becomes laughable for me. It need a bit of wit and less super serious monologuing from it's characters.

BANNED

Just came back from Avengers. It's the best movie ever. Batman can go wipe his tears with Robin's underwear

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMio View Post
    A lot of butthurt batman fans in here! LMAO!!
    Are you referring to my post? How the heck am I "butthurt" because I was surprised TDK lost to Avengers in a poll? You're ridiculous.

for me it comes down to Nolan vs. Whedon, and Whedon wins, hands down. He's a better story teller, he's more faithful to the source material, and much better with the dialog and direction.

So far my anticipation for both the Avengers and TDKR is high. I'm feeling mixed about The Amazing Spider-Man though.

Quote Originally Posted by veryunderstated View Post
    for me it comes down to Nolan vs. Whedon, and Whedon wins, hands down. He's a better story teller, he's more faithful to the source material, and much better with the dialog and direction.
    Is that why I fell asleep during Serenity? Because he's a "better storyteller"? Diff'rent strokes, my man, diff'rent strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    You're kidding right? Wolverine was probably the worst one. Shocking film, massive waste of potential. First Class is fantastic. X-2 is great too.
    The parts in bold are exactly how I feel about the trilogy. How many things are wrong with it? Cyclops not being the proper leader of the team in all three movies? The thorough cock-up and mockery of the Phoenix storyline? Nightcrawler's now-you-see-him, now-you-don't? Most of Colossus' actions taking place off-camera?

You're kidding, right?

Captain America was okay. Thor was more fun though.

I loved Dark Knight and have literaly zero excitement for the new batman movie.
    I want to see Avengers and i hated every issue of the comic i read, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Is that why I fell asleep during Serenity? Because he's a "better storyteller"? Diff'rent strokes, my man, diff'rent strokes...
    A lot of people liked Serenity a lot, you should bring up most of Buffy the Vampire Slayer if you want to point out his story telling weaknesses.

I'm going to a Marvel Movie marathon at AMC next Thursday, so I guess I am pretty hyped about Avengers. Though, to be fair, I'd probably do the same thing for the Dark Knight trilogy. (though it still feels weird to call it that.)
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

I am not a Batman fan, not by a longshot. But even I have to admit that DKR was hands down the best superhero flick ever made and probably always will be. That being said, I have NO interest in seeing the new movie (and I like intelligent, cerebral movies). With the excitement of the Avengers everywhere, I think all of the Batman buzz has been effectively siphoned.
    I am also still butt-hurt that Sony did a reboot of Spider-man. I predict that the only people who will see ASM will be Spidey fans: casual people are still confused by the reboot or think that it is stupid/too soon to be rebooting.
    I think the results of CBR's poll will represent the rest of the world's reaction (something I wouldn't expect very frequently).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    A lot of people liked Serenity a lot, you should bring up most of Buffy the Vampire Slayer if you want to point out his story telling weaknesses.
    I think it's more like: a small group of people who watched Firefly like Serenity.