Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Thinking about it, I'd actually like to see Kratos and Gutts go at it.
    Eh, while Guts is faster, Kratos is hilariously stronger and far more durable. All Kratos really needs is a good hit to get Guts off balance and then he just beats him down.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IssunBoshi View Post
    A planet-buster would be nowhere near the weakest. Unless DBGT isn't planet-busting.
    Pretty sure he's not. One of the reasons everyone throws a fit over GT is the massive depowering of the characters. Then again, I'm not sure what his actual upper limits are.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Eh, while Guts is faster, Kratos is hilariously stronger and far more durable. All Kratos really needs is a good hit to get Guts off balance and then he just beats him down.
    Also, Guts is wearing a ton of metal and explosives and Kratos can shoot directed and AOE lighting. Definitely not a fight that Guts is gonna win.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    One of the reasons everyone throws a fit over GT is the massive depowering of the characters.
    That and this:

Yeah, Vegeta wants to straight up molest you.

I'm not sure what his actual upper limits are.
    He's probably still a planet buster, it's just possible he couldn't do it as easily as he could before.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Yep. I think she can pretty much destroy Kratos.
    With the power of Kawaii. Last Order Alita is too damned cute to fight. Hell, her cuteness should be worth 0.05 seconds of stun right after the bell.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    With the power of Kawaii. Last Order Alita is too damned cute to fight. Hell, her cuteness should be worth 0.05 seconds of stun right after the bell.
    Personally, I liked the art style better in the original series. Cat Alita is kinda annoying to me, character design wise, since up to that point she was always anthropomorphized as an octopus, which was much funnier.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    Is Kratos no greater than CBPH without additional equipment or something?
    He's incredibly strong and durable, able to toss around giant monsters and all that.

Speed wise, his best feat is casually snatching an arrow out of the air IIRC; well that and Hermes boots which aren't really so impressive.

So most characters that can outspeed him and have a sufficiently dangerous power can take him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Personally, I liked the art style better in the original series. Cat Alita is kinda annoying to me, character design wise, since up to that point she was always anthropomorphized as an octopus, which was much funnier.
    The art style of the first series was a lot grittier, Last Order is almost weirdly clean in places.

That said, the author has gotten much, much better at choreography for fight scenes.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, the final arc of BAA was just... all over the place in terms of narrative, Last Order is much concise.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Also, Guts is wearing a ton of metal and explosives and Kratos can shoot directed and AOE lighting. Definitely not a fight that Guts is gonna win.
    Also this.

Though, if his ride through the Ganishka's head proved anything, it's that Guts has a pretty tremendous tolerance for lightning.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Also this.

Though, if his ride through the Ganishka's head proved anything, it's that Guts has a pretty tremendous tolerance for lightning.
    As does all the gunpowder that he straps to himself, apparently. I don't think he had used up all of that before Riding Zodd through Za Rightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I'd imagine even a DB-level Goku would have little trouble turning him into dust with a timed Kamehame Ha.
    Actually, a Kamehameha wave would be a terrible idea. Kratos can reflect energy attacks with the golden fleece.

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaGen View Post
    Is Kratos no greater than CBPH without additional equipment or something?
    Kratos is tough enough to get stomped on my a 250-foot metal statue and not be hurt, then subsequently toss said statue on it's ass. He has lightning and fire AOEs, he can summon ghost warriors, he can turn people to stone as a direct or AOE attack, he can fly (somewhat), and he has a wide variety of weapons.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Actually, a Kamehameha wave would be a terrible idea. Kratos can reflect energy attacks with the golden fleece.
    I doubt that Kratos ever dealt with anything nearly as powerful or fast as even mid DB's Kamehameha, which a decently powerful DB era Goku can get off before Kratos can really do anything, and by the Piccolo Daimaou fight, could change its direction after its fired (and any Kamehameha reflected before that time wouldn't really do much damage to Goku, either). Though honestly, Goku from somewhere during or after Roshi's training is waaaaaay too fast to ever be hit by Kratos, and can just slap him around at will, and is strong enough to at least eventually put him down (and mid to end of DB Goku is strong enough to skoosh him in passing, though it might take a couple of punches).

As does all the gunpowder that he straps to himself, apparently. I don't think he had used up all of that before Riding Zodd through Za Rightning.
    I think that all exploded when he got set on fire immediately before climbing on Zodds back IIRC.

Guts is such a badass.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Current "I am powered by the combined might of a wormhole engine and galactic super computer that allows me to casually blitzstomp people who treat are way above bullet timers like 'lewl' and can freely manipulate plasma currents and electromagnetism to make ridiculous energy attacks and have a set of monomolecular blades built into my body," Alita?

Yep. I think she can pretty much destroy Kratos.
    I have a dreadful feeling that Mbadi is going to try to take her in HTH and lose terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I have a dreadful feeling that Mbadi is going to try to take her in HTH and lose terribly.
    You read the most recent chapter?

Follow me on Tumblr!