Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. I love the new big wolffish Krypto.
    2. I love that he's no longer a mild mannered moper/whiner.
    3. I love that that he's bold and brash.
    4. I love that he's no longer with Lois. Hope they keep her away from him as a love interest for a long long time.
    5. I love that he's not afraid to bust heads and take off heads if he feels he has to. The hero that moans and cries after he's had to kill is not a hero I'm interested in reading.
    6. I love the new suit. The armor look is very cool and makes perfect sense.
    7. I love that he doesn't back down from any challenge.
    8. I like the writing and art in AC and in JL.
    9. I like that there was warmth for him as a baby and that not everything from krypton is evil
    10. I like his friendships
    11. I like how he looks out for those who can't save themselves and really sticks it to the oppressors.
    12. I like that he doesn't seem bogged down "grey area" crap.
    13. I like that he now wears his undies on the inside.
    14. Although I miss the Kent's and have always loved the influence they had and have on him I like that while he is now alone in the world he has the memories of the short wonderful years wih them. He is a man because his father was a man as was his biological father. He has a noble heart from both genetics and upbringing.
    There's just so much to like in this new Superman. Really hope DC sticks with this characterization for a good long time.

Things I like about DCNu Superman.

1. He does good as Clark and Superman. Having Clark write about social issues and still fighting for the little guy when he isn't wearing the "S" is just awsome. It adds a lot of depth to the character. I like the idea that he's still working to help people when he's not going toe to toe with a villain.

2. He's more confident. He likes being Superman and doesn't take any crap from anyone. When trouble comes around, he's right there to handle things. It's nice to have a confident Superman again.

3. How the Kents are presented. The stories about Clark growing up and the Kents are quite touching. While they may be dead, they are still an important part of the story. You can see why Superman holds his family values so close to his heart.

4. The sci-fi elements of his costume. I may not care for the look, but the sci-fi elements of his costume, like changing shape, are pretty fun. It also suits that "man of tomorrow" idea rather well.

5. Superman is more proactive than reactive. He has these powers and he wants to make a difference with them. He seems more willing to use the tools at his disposal to help rather than sit around debating what to do and ultimately doing nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    See I told you I wouldn't leave you out.

I posted this on the other thread and will do so here. Please allow those who like the DCnU to say what they like about it without having to answer why they like it. I would like these threads to be as non confrontational as possible. If you have any dislikes please place them on the dislike thread.

Thank You

Discuss and enjoy.
    nah, ask anyone questions about why they like something and insert your counterpoint whenever you want. the kid gloves aren't necessary.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Mods. Please lock the thread.

Thank You

The Lord of the Newbies EmperorKell-El's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Mods. Please lock the thread.

Thank You
    Why? Because people are liking something you don't?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Rude

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorKell-El View Post
    Why? Because people are liking something you don't?
    Um, Lex is the one who actually started this thread. He stared the "things you like" and the "things you dislike" threads so that people could simply express their ideas without being attacked or feeling like they have to defend their opinions. Once people started debating other posters points, Lex asked for both threads to be locked. So to be fair, Lex was just trying to give both sides an equal outlet where they wouldn't have to be on the defensive all the time.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2012 at 04:03 AM.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I'm going to keep these open.

I just ask we all be civil and respect each others opinions .

Thank You

Grant Morrison and Action Comics #9

Pretty much echoing what everyone else has said:

The rough around the ages, back to basics, limited abilities (things shouldn't always be easy) - really adds to the feel of him as champion of the people, not Uncle Sam/government/status quo

Empahsis as alien Kal-El, not uber-human Clark Kent - but similarly the Clark persona as social crusading, investigative journalist