Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm more of the mind that while I preferred the status quo before the reboot overall, I don't mind most of the changes and I'm not really outraged by anything.

I like that there seems to be more emphasis on Lex as a scientist than Lex as a businessman.

The suit looks good when drawn well (I don't like Lee's interpretation of it)

Superman is the first superhero (no taking a back seat to a bunch of World War II era fogies, he was created before any of them so why should they be revered as the originals?)

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I posted this on the other thread and will do so here. Please allow those who like the DCnU to say what they like about it without having to answer why they like it. I would like these threads to be as non confrontational as possible. If you have any dislikes please place them on the dislike thread.

Thank You

1.- Supes is single again.
    2.- The Kents are dead.
    3.- Clark as a crusader journalist.
    4.- Superman as a champion of the oppressed early in his career like in the Golden Age.
    5.- The new Brainiac

Clark is known for being willing to get roughed up to get the story!

BOOYA!

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

All my thoughts have been mentioned already; champion of the oppressed, the cocky attitude, brainiac/collector of worlds, Clarks best pal Jimmy Olsen, the jeans and t-shirt look ect.

Personally I love the new wolffish Krypto and how he seems like his being more interwoven into Supermans mythology. Obviously we don't know the full details on this yet though.

I also like how Morrison is picking up elements from all the different Supermen for this one, even with little things like him pulling pranks like in the silver age.

The Lord of the Newbies EmperorKell-El's Avatar

The fact that Clark is now proactive and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty is my personal favorite part of the new character.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

1) No more moping about and navel gazing. This Superman actually seems to enjoy being Superman.

2) Clark Kent:crusading journalist that does more than report on himself (as Superman).

3) Jimmy Olsen. I dig the reinvention of him as Clark's pal instead of Superman's.

4) the first Super-Hero in the DCU...as it should be.

5) Dan Jurgens back drawing Superman. It just seems right.

If I may quote myself from another thread,

I like that Morrison made him much more his own person, and through that we see how strong he is. He has friends, but he can't confide in a cast of people in-the-know. He has no wife or girlfriend to confide his superheroic frustrations in, he can't even talk to Jimmy about it over a beer. He has to deal with it himself, and the fact that he can (and does) makes him that much more interesting. Each of the quirks he now has allows for greater highs and lows in the character. His cockiness allows us to watch in joyful "did-he-just-do-that" glee, and his disconnection from even his closest friends allows us to feel sorry for a man who can punch a hole through a mountain.

For the first time in a long time, I'm able to look at a character that pretty much cannot die (and the writers already used that trick up once, so it's probably not happening again) and yet still wonder how he's going to get out of situations and save the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ontir View Post
    I love the return of the Silver Age personality of Superman.
    Back in the Swan/Anderson heyday, he could be a bit of a d*ck, and I like the return of the guy who brooks no fools.
    Apart from the ugly suit & missing the Kents, I love what Morrison has been doing with him. Add Giffen to the fray & I expect we're in for one hell of a ride. I just wish Morrison had gotten to do Wonder Woman as well. That book is bloody awful!
    You got that right!

1. Writer/artist of both books

2. more of the supporting characters finally being seen
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I'm able to look at a character that pretty much cannot die (and the writers already used that trick up once, so it's probably not happening again) and yet still wonder how he's going to get out of situations and save the day.
    That. So very that.

- The new costume (no red underpants!)
    - The T-shirt and jeans Action Comics costume

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Clark seems more comfortable in his skin, no more mild-mannered crap.
    Superman seems to be more forceful, and more noble at the same time (see Superman #8 for me reasoning.)
    Better writing in both Superman and action than I've seen for a long time.
    Jimmy and Clark's buddyship.
    Lois and Clark are only friends.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

The most assertive Clark, social crusader.
    The first superhero of the history.
    Krypto.

1.Krypton is not a cold sterile place.
    2. Clark feels modern from his ballsy attitude to his attire. I love jeans and t-shirt and have no problem with the armor as it makes sense in this version. I like he's not in three piece suits as well. Gone is the retro, yuppie Clark Kent of the 90ties. Welcome Clark Kent of 2012.
    3. His struggle to find his place in the world and not having Ma and Pa hold his hand, sew his capes and feed him. He has to man up by himself and make mistakes. Learning real lessons as he goes along.
    4. He's intelligent and uses his brain. He's mouthy and passionate and steps on toes as a reporter and as Superman he is the tough tank, who never backs down, and cares about those who can't stand up for themselves. He sticks it to the man. And you just know he will step up in time as a leader. He might not care to now but it is written all over him.
    5. He is young and single and dare I say it, has actual sex appeal( Action and JL ... he looks hot) and he feels invigorated as a character and multifaceted for the first time in a whole decade.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )