Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 157
  1. #61
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    people can always say what they want/what you want for this thread is still irrelevant
    no one has to explain anything to anyone

    edit: lastly, you are only really threatened by counterpoints if your argument really sucks in the first place
    But 9 out of 10 times it's comes down to a I'm right and your wrong mentality. That's not what I want here.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member direction9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    no it doesn't. 9 times out of 10 it comes down to one person making a better argument.

    edit: but the entire point of a forum is that once you set a topic, you cease to own it and it's now open for discussion. the mods can keep things on topic. that's it. you have no more control over your thread. it's ours now.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member direction9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    i dont like losing (or rebooting) the kal-el/bruce wayne dynamic, i'll admit that

  4. #64
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    i dont like losing (or rebooting) the kal-el/bruce wayne dynamic, i'll admit that
    To be fair we don't really know if it's still around or not.....though if you have some info that idk about then I'd love to hear.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member direction9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    justice league

  6. #66
    Member Mr. Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Not quite seeing the point in not wanting people to reply in this thread.

    It's a forum, you share your ideas and have people respond to them. Not an art gallery where you just have to look and nod or shake your head.
    You aren't allowed to write notes on Picasso's artwork telling him that he should've used a darker pink, but on forums, the whole point is to have a conversation.

    I miss the red briefs. They were iconic.
    If someone disagrees, I'll call them un-American, and we'll do the public discourse tango.

    If people aren't supposed to respond, why would anyone post at all? Why not just keep your opinions to yourself?
    Comics enjoyed by my Old Lady: Chew, IKG, Saga, JTHM, Ex Machina, Gil Kane's Green Lantern, Wormwood, NYX, Jurgen and JMS's Thor, along with a few others.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    justice league
    JL didn't really show much on that. It could just be that they aren't friends or they are friends but the issues set in the present didn't really call for it to be shown out right.

    But no that doesn't prove much at all.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member direction9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    nah it's pretty clear, unless we are at some point really shown otherwise.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    nah it's pretty clear, unless we are at some point really shown otherwise.
    In my last post post I meant to say "friends yet" but we've only seen two issues and there is already talk of bringing back Superman/Batman comic in the future.

    so again really not enough info.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member direction9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In my last post post I meant to say "friends yet" but we've only seen two issues and there is already talk of bringing back Superman/Batman comic in the future.

    so again really not enough info.
    well that wouldn't solve it. i don't care if they are friends or not right now. it's the history together. it's a shame that long history of back and forth between the two of them is kindof out of play now, with the way johns is handling the new heroes.
    i had to wrack my brains to come up with this one criticism, i'm pro nu52 supes and league.

  11. #71
    Bill Everett Fan custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.
    Posts
    676

    Default

    I feel like I am reading a first issue every month. Not something that has continued from last month.And the month before. The fact that they are full of continuity makes it even more scary.

    Either that or I feel I have missed something even though I haven't. Disturbing.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    well that wouldn't solve it. i don't care if they are friends or not right now. it's the history together. it's a shame that long history of back and forth between the two of them is kindof out of play now, with the way johns is handling the new heroes.
    i had to wrack my brains to come up with this one criticism, i'm pro nu52 supes and league.
    Oh man I'm really sorry I misunderstood what you meant. I didn't know that you were unhappy about the loss of history. Yea I can understand that and I agree with you. But I see this as a chance for them to make a new history in the 5 year time and on. A new dynamic could come about and I feel DC is saving the best for last.

    And yea man I'm super pro New 52 Superman (didn't really love the fist arc of JL but I enjoy the league as a whole)

    On an unrelated topic (still dealing with Superman though) On an "ask Matt" Q and A Matt was asked what the situation of Superman and gravity/ star intensity would be for Superman. By this the were saying something along the lines of would Superman still have some powers even if the sun were red and what would happen if Superman went to a younger star.

    Matt said we will have to wait until late 2012 for that.

    Now to me this looks good because even though we saw Supergirl by a blue Sun and nothing really happened because her powers seem to be internal in some way for whatever reason.

    But for Superman what would this mean? One thing we do know however is that it means something.

    Sorry again for misunderstanding you.

  13. #73
    gentleman fish shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Kents being dead, how they are treating Lois in general, everything about the suit, Superman being "darker and edgier" which rarely if ever works...

  14. #74
    Just a guy Justin D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    The only person who can dictate what a thread will be about is a moderator. As long as people can have discussions without resorting to ad hominem attacks, we have no reason to step in and prevent disagreements in this thread or others, unless specifically stated otherwise. No further discussion will be had about this. Thanks.
    Techcitement is an online tech magazine. The term techcitement is defined by the feeling that comes over you when discovering new (or even old and unfamiliar) tech. Techcitement also relates to the idea of any use of technology that proves to be interesting, from politics to social media to fitness. If a story excites us, we want to share it with you. [I co-own this and act as EIC of this, so check it out.]

  15. #75
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Kents being dead, how they are treating Lois in general, everything about the suit, Superman being "darker and edgier" which rarely if ever works...
    Agreed. This about sums it up for me too. One of the few things I liked about the post Crisis MoS reboot was bringing in the Kents in to Clark's adult life.

    I'm trying to take a step back and give this reboot time. However, I miss Lois Lane investigative reporter, I hope they move her back to in to that role. I miss the Kents. I have mixed feelings about the edgier Superman, I think it could work but I don't like the execution thus far.
    Last edited by winegeek; 04-30-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •