Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1. Clarks Glasses
    2. The suit looking shiny in some books
    3. Unknown if he is still BFFs with Batman
    4. No crystal Fortress
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Don't start up on the crystal fortress, you'll attract the anti-Donner hoards.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    The main thing that bugs me is implying that Superman actually needs armor. It's not the design of the suit, just that he's wearing something stronger than he is.
    But it's not stronger then he is anymore. We see this in JL #6 where Darkseid shoots him with the omega effect and the armor begins to shatter in some places (though it does fix itself or he fixes it at the end) but Superman is fine but just knocked out. Now keep in mind that this is still five years in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Well you all new it was just a matter of time before I started this. I will start a thread as well for those who like the new Superman as well so we have equal ground. (Although you won't see me in it)

Here is what I dislike about the DCnU Superman.

1. The Suit - You all know I started a thread about this already so I won' go into details about it and bore you all to death by repeating myself.

2. Younger Superman - I really dislike this. I feel he needs to be at least in his very late 20's or early 30's. He just looks and feels to much like Superboy rather then Man.

3. Kent's being Dead - I came to really enjoy the Kent's being alive over the years. I have been reading comics for over 30 years and seen both the Kent's Dead and Alive. I think having them alive adds more to the story.

4. The fact the Kent's didn't make his suit - WOW.. I could go on forever about how sad this makes me. It's like taking away a piece of his humanity in a way. The suit was a labor of love in many ways so Clark could have a somewhat normal life and to be a Symbol at the same time.

For the record, those are 4 of the things I absolutely LOVE about the new Superman ... and, of course, the fact that he's no longer married to Lois!

I know, as you said, you'll start another thread, dedicated to what we love about the new 52 Supes ... but I couldn't wait!

However, there is one thing I definitely hate about the new Superman ...

It's how, after a mere 8 issues, some fans don't seem willing to even give this new Superman a chance to shine.

Come on, fair's fair, progressive fans like myself had to endure the previous incarnation (middle-aged, married, boyscout, conservative, lame, boring, etc) for years upon years upon years ... we haven't even had 12 months of the new Superman yet. We're entitled to have our parade too! Especially when the previous version, I would argue, was getting less popular with each generation.

Veteran Member

I really dislike the costume design but not the idea of it.

I'm okay with Superman being younger, I just prefer the more noble and kind version of him.

Ma and Pa Kent might be an interesting idea but I don't like not seeing more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    1. Clarks Glasses
    2. The suit looking shiny in some books
    3. Unknown if he is still BFFs with Batman
    4. No crystal Fortress
    What's wrong with his glasses? It looks fine to me
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Ok I created this thread for those who dislike the DCnU Superman. Please just allow those who remark to do so without having to get into a discussion about why they do not like it.

I would like to keep this and the other thread I made for those who like it to be non confrontational.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by davidgrantlloyd View Post
    For the record, those are 4 of the things I absolutely LOVE about the new Superman ... and, of course, the fact that he's no longer married to Lois!

I know, as you said, you'll start another thread, dedicated to what we love about the new 52 Supes ... but I couldn't wait!

However, there is one thing I definitely hate about the new Superman ...

It's how, after a mere 8 issues, some fans don't seem willing to even give this new Superman a chance to shine.

Come on, fair's fair, progressive fans like myself had to endure the previous incarnation (middle-aged, married, boyscout, conservative, lame, boring, etc) for years upon years upon years ... we haven't even had 12 months of the new Superman yet. We're entitled to have our parade too! Especially when the previous version, I would argue, was getting less popular with each generation.
    Quoted for truth.

But since this thread is for dislikes I'll list a couple.

The suit...though I don't have near the hate some of you have for it. I think it's fine, I just preferred the original. To be fair, the new suit is growing on me a little. Depends on the artist.

Also I was really hoping that the new 52 Superman would get us away from businessman Luthor which I have never cared for. I much prefer the criminal genius scientist Luthor from pre-crisis. Very disappointed that Morrison did not bring this back.

Also this would have been a great chance to make the Daily Planet into a internet news site. Very surprised that they didn't go for this.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Ok I created this thread for those who dislike the DCnU Superman. Please just allow those who remark to do so without having to get into a discussion about why they do not like it.

I would like to keep this and the other thread I made for those who like it to be non confrontational.

Thank You
    My bad. Sorry :)

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    What's wrong with his glasses? It looks fine to me
    Too round for my liking, I would prefer something like this

But non of that stuff is really a big deal to me anyway.
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

I like the New 52 Superman, but

3. Kent's being Dead - I came to really enjoy the Kent's being alive over the years. I have been reading comics for over 30 years and seen both the Kent's Dead and Alive. I think having them alive adds more to the story
    I agree with this point. At least in Action, but really in both versions I think that at least one parent should be alive. I see no point to not having them around and think it serves as a major hindrance, taking away his main connection to humanity at such an early point in his career.

2. Younger Superman - I really dislike this. I feel he needs to be at least in his very late 20's or early 30's. He just looks and feels to much like Superboy rather then Man.
    I thought he was at least 28 in Superman, though he reads as an 'early thirties' guy to me.

I hate the way they changed his hair. Without the spit curl it just doesn't feel like Superman.

BANNED

Well you all new it was just a matter of time before I started this. I will start a thread as well for those who like the new Superman as well so we have equal ground. (Although you won't see me in it)

I created this thread for those who dislike the DCnU Superman. Please just allow those who remark to do so without having to get into a discussion about why they do not like it.

Thank You

Here is what I dislike about the DCnU Superman.

1. The Suit - You all know I started a thread about this already so I won' go into details about it and bore you all to death by repeating myself.

3. Kent's being Dead - I came to really enjoy the Kent's being alive over the years. I have been reading comics for over 30 years and seen both the Kent's Dead and Alive. I think having them alive adds more to the story.

4. The fact the Kent's didn't make his suit - WOW.. I could go on forever about how sad this makes me. It's like taking away a piece of his humanity in a way. The suit was a labor of love in many ways so Clark could have a somewhat normal life and to be a Symbol at the same time.
    STFU Troll!

Things I don't like about Superman Nu, I'll have to think about this one.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    STFU Troll!

Things I don't like about Superman Nu, I'll have to think about this one.
    Not easy being this Trollish(that even a word) and good looking at the same time.

Clark doing (direct) stories on Superman. The less of that the better.