Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Is it me or was Karma revolted by the sight of Gambit? I think she considers him scummy for his Cajun French.

BANNED

Ya'll are nuts. This issue was fantastic. Plenty of mystery, tons of character beats and moments, a fun fight against the baddies! Cece Reyes is great here, and I love that she got man killed with her forcefield is just like, "ugh, he's useless even in his death!". I also LOVED Karma dominating, but it was strange that she just appeared out of no where. The Kyle/JP stuff was lame, but it gets a pass. Liu writes romance books, what'd people expect? I love the art, love the characters, love the story. More please!

I would like to see her write Kid Gladiator in the book. Just to see how she writes him and Warbird together.

I completely agree with Swash. It was a great issue. So far, Liu's given a lot of character moments in the past two issues. She's providing a lot of intrigue as to "WTF is going on here?" It's a lot of twists I wasn't expecting and the hallucinations are making me crazy in a good way.

As for the Kyle/Jean-Paul sappy stuff, yeah, that went on too long. It could've been condensed.

Can't wait for Miss Warbird to get more "head", this time from Bobby Drake.

I was hoping that would be a running theme with the series, considering her grand entrance the last issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Ya'll are nuts. This issue was fantastic. Plenty of mystery, tons of character beats and moments, a fun fight against the baddies! Cece Reyes is great here, and I love that she got man killed with her forcefield is just like, "ugh, he's useless even in his death!". I also LOVED Karma dominating, but it was strange that she just appeared out of no where. The Kyle/JP stuff was lame, but it gets a pass. Liu writes romance books, what'd people expect? I love the art, love the characters, love the story. More please!
    Why are you calling people nuts? People have been saying that the cast has potential, but it's not paying off. And what do I expect? I don't expect four pages of Superman II as Northstar flies a neurotic into the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Why are you calling people nuts? People have been saying that the cast has potential, but it's not paying off. And what do I expect? I don't expect four pages of Superman II as Northstar flies a neurotic into the sky.
    She just needs to shift focus from Kyle and Northstar to Iceman avoiding Warbird. Bam, quality writing, every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    She just needs to shift focus from Kyle and Northstar to Iceman avoiding Warbird. Bam, quality writing, every issue.
    Warbird solo, please.

And ugh @ pagefiller with Kyle as Margot Kidder.

So Karma's a full-fledged telepath now?

To say something good about the Kyle/Northstar scene I did like Northstar's chaterization, with the whole, I'm too selfish to let you go. I think the scene would've been fine if I could actually care for Kyle. But I don't. He's some dude that dating Northstar and being completely whiney about it.

I liked Karma here, good for her pushing her usefulness on the team. It was nice to see Vanisher back and yay for Warbird's continued harassement of closet case Iceman. The rest was meh. The art was hit and miss for me and though I'm intrigued by the mystery, I don't feel we moved much from last ish.

Are we supposed to know who the chick at the end is?

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i'm all for Northstar getting laid but i don't like his current relationship. it makes him kind of boring. and who was the brunette at the end? one of the Masterminds?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    So Karma's a full-fledged telepath now?
    She has been for a few years.
    Her non-mind control telepathic abilities are relatively weak, though.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

I usually enjoy Mike Perkins, but he's not working for me here.

BANNED

Was that Dr Lian Shen at the end of the book? I miss caption boxes :(

Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    Was that Dr Lian Shen at the end of the book? I miss caption boxes :(
    I do not think so, as the Shadow King will be appearing over in X-Force. Claudine seems the most plausible option.