View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #9?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

63 86.30%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going

8 10.96%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 2.74%
  • I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    It was done poorly. We still have no clue what occurred between the time Reed and his family were blown up to the moment Reed was shown next to the portal.
    One theory I had was that the Reed who was caught in the explosion is actually the good Reed but he has been replaced by the evil Reed. It would explain this scene.
    Honestly, I don't think this one was too hard to get around. I'd assume that SHIELD was monitoring his home, so he acted surprised to make things match up when they "reviewed the tapes" type thing. You said in a later post that he outright denies faking his death, but uh... That didn't happen. He only says he didn't attack the world, which leaves the readers with Sue's conclusion that DID fake his death lol.

I mean, maybe that needed to be explicitly said, but it communicated clearly enough for me.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think this one was too hard to get around. I'd assume that SHIELD was monitoring his home, so he acted surprised to make things match up when they "reviewed the tapes" type thing. You said in a later post that he outright denies faking his death, but uh... That didn't happen. He only says he didn't attack the world, which leaves the readers with Sue's conclusion that DID fake his death lol.

I mean, maybe that needed to be explicitly said, but it communicated clearly enough for me.
    I still don't see it. Why would he need to fake his death when he said he didn't attack the world. And why would you assume SHIELD was monitoring his home? They weren't monitoring Peters home. Something is strange especially with that person right outside his house.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Impact Imminent.

I think next issue, Reed will find away to fire the nukes back at America. But Thor will dispose of them by teleporting them into the sun and America will be rescued from total annihilation.
    Actually, I believe that they have already hit. The scene at the City says that the Dynamos have absorbed most of the blasts, and that they are scrubbing for radiation, but lost about 12% of the City. Plus, they show the damage to the dome, and the fallout.

I still don't see it. Why would he need to fake his death when he said he didn't attack the world. And why would you assume SHIELD was monitoring his home? They weren't monitoring Peters home. Something is strange especially with that person right outside his house.
    You're missing the point of that scene, man. Reed saying he didn't attack the world when he clearly DID attack the world shows how far gone he is. He thinks that he's doing the world a favor by implementing his twisted vision of a "perfect society," so from his point of view he hasn't done anything wrong so much as cleared the way for "progress," despite having killed hundreds of people.

So far as why SHIELD would be monitoring him... I wasn't declaring that as THE explanation so much as offering a no prize style explanation for that scene. It's clearly a red herring; Ben proves that he's Reed at the end with the teacher spiel.
    Last edited by taylor51; 04-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    You're missing the point of that scene, man. Reed saying he didn't attack the world when he clearly DID attack the world shows how far gone he is. He thinks that he's doing the world a favor by implementing his twisted vision of a "perfect society," so from his point of view he hasn't done anything wrong so much as cleared the way for "progress," despite having killed hundreds of people.

So far as why SHIELD would be monitoring him... I wasn't declaring that as THE explanation so much as offering a no prize style explanation for that scene. It's clearly a red herring; Ben proves that he's Reed at the end with the teacher spiel.
    What would be the point of lying to Sue if she already figured it out? Plus he said "If your smart enough to find me your smart enough to figure it out." Figure what out? There is still something missing.

What would be the point of lying to Sue if she already figured it out? Plus he said "If your smart enough to find me your smart enough to figure it out." Figure what out? There is still something missing.
    Are you honestly saying you don't think Reed was behind the attacks made on Roxxon, Reed's house, Nick Fury and Peter Parker?

He wasn't lying to Sue. He's deluded himself to the point where he doesn't see what he did as an attack.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Actually, I believe that they have already hit. The scene at the City says that the Dynamos have absorbed most of the blasts, and that they are scrubbing for radiation, but lost about 12% of the City. Plus, they show the damage to the dome, and the fallout.
    Nah, that blast came from Zorn. It was his black hole thing and it would've sucked up the entire City if the Dynamos weren't there to absorb so much of it. If the nukes had hit already we would've seen the blast or at least the impact. And there'd be a massive amount of radiation engulfing a huge chunk of Europe. Trust me, that hasn't happened yet. It takes quite some time for nukes to travel all that distance. I imagine it would take longer than half an hour.

But I think the City's gona take ccontrol of the nukes and fire 'em back at America.

Nah, that blast came from Zorn. It was his black hole thing and it would've sucked up the entire City if the Dynamos weren't there to absorb so much of it. If the nukes had hit already we would've seen the blast or at least the impact. And there'd be a massive amount of radiation engulfing a huge chunk of Europe. Trust me, that hasn't happened yet. It takes quite some time for nukes to travel all that distance. I imagine it would take longer than half an hour.

But I think the City's gona take ccontrol of the nukes and fire 'em back at America.
    The fight with Zorn happened "Northwest of Tian," ie not at the City, with the Children sent there to wipe Tian out. The City was already hit by the nukes.
    Last edited by taylor51; 04-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Zorn took out an Expeditionary Force, just outside of Tian. There was little radiation because the Dynamos and scrubbers absorbed most of it.

Not to be the third one, but the nukes totally hit. That's the entire reason Reed sent the kid-nuke to Washington. If Xorn had attacked the City, Reed would've blown up Tian...
    Comics are more better.

I'm gonna be the fourth. The Nukes hit the City. They were just advanced enough to survive mostly intact. 12% destroyed was probably acceptable by Reed's standards. Also, the writer and artist have control on time and the series of events in their comics so they chose not to show us the rockets hitting or the blast. Also, one panel could take place in the present and the next could be minutes, hours, days, weeks later if they wanted. Thats what happens in the "gutters" between panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I'm gonna be the fourth. The Nukes hit the City. They were just advanced enough to survive mostly intact. 12% destroyed was probably acceptable by Reed's standards. Also, the writer and artist have control on time and the series of events in their comics so they chose not to show us the rockets hitting or the blast. Also, one panel could take place in the present and the next could be minutes, hours, days, weeks later if they wanted. Thats what happens in the "gutters" between panels.
    Maybe they figured, between DC and Zorn, they had enough gigantic explosions for one issue. Plus, hey, 12% after being hit by a nation's worth of nukes is good by anyone's standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Maybe they figured, between DC and Zorn, they had enough gigantic explosions for one issue. Plus, hey, 12% after being hit by a nation's worth of nukes is good by anyone's standard.
    This should really be what we're talking about. I don't know what kind of crazy stuff is gonna happen but it's gonna have to be REAL big. If all the US' nukes didn't do anything, we're gonna have to have one hell of a super hero show up.
    Last edited by Codah; 04-30-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    This should really be what we're talking about. I don't know what kind of crazy stuff is gonna happen but it's gonna have to be REAL big. If all the US' nukes didn't do anything, we're gonna have to have one hell of a super hero show up.
    Yah I don't see the Children losing anytime soon. Other then Xorn and Zorn there really isn't anyone out there that can defeat the Children should the People fail. The only other person powerful enough would be Jean Gray or the Magician. I could see the Magician coming back from Antarctica and using his powers to destroy the The Children. But there are not a lot of people left to be able to defeat the Children.

Yah I don't see the Children losing anytime soon. Other then Xorn and Zorn there really isn't anyone out there that can defeat the Children should the People fail. The only other person powerful enough would be Jean Gray or the Magician. I could see the Magician coming back from Antarctica and using his powers to destroy the The Children. But there are not a lot of people left to be able to defeat the Children.
    The People are going to have to have a bigger part in this. The arc is called The People VS The Children and they haven't really had it out yet. Hopefully the Xorn/Zorn brothers still got some fight left in them.
    Comics are more better.