View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #9?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

63 86.30%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going

8 10.96%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 2.74%
  • I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by "New Universe" but like I said as long as the writers can put together great stories I dont see a problem. I dont want to see Ultimate X- men and Spider-man dealing with this fallout all the time but I want it to be see in the books when possible.
    The New Universe.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I am skeptical, to say the least. At the point where writers begin to blow up known countries in the way we see here, I smell a full reboot just around the corner.

I mean, people say that Ultimatum already did that. But outside of some characters being dead, the general lifestyle of normal people people didn't seem to had really changed. NYC was apparently rebuilt instantly, although it was hit by a giant tidal wave.

Destroying the US government in this way seems something which would lead to something irrevocably different. Of course the next writer could just say "LOL, psych!" and a new government with the exact same type of government system could spring up from nowhere. But realistically? This would turn the country into chaos for months or years to come.
    I don't get it. The Ultimate Universe have always had these kind of events. To name a few 1. The Chitauri Invasion 2. The Liberator Invasion 3. Magneto destroying Washington DC 4. Ultimatum. 5. Iran becoming Pro-Dromacracy. The Ultimate Universe unlike other universes is tough because they have been through a lot. and that is what appeals to this universe from the rest because it always gives something new to read.

BANNED

6. Gah-Lak-Tus.
    7. Hulk's murderous rampage in Ultimates I (not an event but still should've been mentioned in other books).

Even Magneto destroying Washington was glossed over and apparently now we had a pretty functional version of it still around to be destroyed yet again.

I don't know, maybe they will just rebuild again quietly. But it seems like they took it deliberately over the top, in a "no return to normalcy" way of things. Of course I could be wrong.

On Vacation

Even Magneto destroying Washington was glossed over and apparently now we had a pretty functional version of it still around to be destroyed yet again.

I don't know, maybe they will just rebuild again quietly. But it seems like they took it deliberately over the top, in a "no return to normalcy" way of things. Of course I could be wrong.
    Well take a look at 9/11. That was a big event but things went semi-normal after the months of clean-up. Whats there to really do except go back to normalcy. Its not like the average person is willing to take on these evils. And presumably there was 9/11 in the Ultimate Universe so all these events the people are used to it by now.

so who blew up dc was it a new mutant reed or that guy in tiwan i forgott his name

The point of the UU wasn't to be the actual world, just more like it. People and Governments react more realistically than they do in the MU. It's like a What if? of the actual world.
    Comics are more better.

Well, what would realistically happen if some dude blew up Washington, killing the the executive, legislative and judicial brand? I imagine total chaos for weeks or months, with the rest of the world asking themselves if they should intervene.

On Vacation

Well, what would realistically happen if some dude blew up Washington, killing the the executive, legislative and judicial brand? I imagine total chaos for weeks or months, with the rest of the world asking themselves if they should intervene.
    I know this might be fiction but in all actuality the Military (or SHIELD in this case) would stage a coup d'etat if this ever happened.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Well chances are that we're gonna be seeing the ramifications of this during Divided We Fall in July.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

See below.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I know this might be fiction but in all actuality the Military (or SHIELD in this case) would stage a coup d'etat if this ever happened.
    This appears to be what is happening.
    Comics are more better.

I'm assuming with everyone in possible line of succession being dead after this issue, does the janitor that wasn't in that day get a shot at presidency or something?

Pardon if this has already been explained, but did both the nukes that the USA send and the black hole from The People hit The City? I see where Reed is talking about the damage and the nuclear clean up but wasn't sure about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Runguy View Post
    Pardon if this has already been explained, but did both the nukes that the USA send and the black hole from The People hit The City? I see where Reed is talking about the damage and the nuclear clean up but wasn't sure about the other.
    Zorn and the Eternals attacked the incoming fleet bound for Tian. He was never at the City.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Runguy View Post
    Impact Imminent.

I think next issue, Reed will find away to fire the nukes back at America. But Thor will dispose of them by teleporting them into the sun and America will be rescued from total annihilation.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.