View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #9?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

63 86.30%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going

8 10.96%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 2.74%
  • I don't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I like evil Reed and he is kicking ass right now which is never good when it come to the end. But he still has a ways to go before he reach Magneto level of evil he took a lot of pieces off the ultimate U board. One thin is clear how they deal with reed is going to end bloody for him
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Is that an official map? I didn't think the City was that large. Fury said it was about 200 square miles of North Europe, which is about from Germany to France. Plus, how would Tian work? Is it just the two cities, or the whole SEAR, or what?
    No its not an official map. It was made about 8 months ago. The City itself is smaller but for the sake of practicality Reed Richards owns all of Germany by destroying Asgard. Plus most everyone who was in Eastern Europe froze to death in Ultimatum and the whole landscape was turned into a barren wasteland.
    Tian is just two cities but like the American Revolution they control all of the SEAR.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 04-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    No its not an official map. It was made about 8 months ago. The City itself is smaller but for the sake of practicality Reed Richards owns all of Germany by destroying Asgard. Plus most everyone who was in Eastern Europe froze to death in Ultimatum and the whole landscape was turned into a barren wasteland.
    Tian is just two cities but like the American Revolution they control all of the SEAR.
    I've always been fuzzy on just what happened during Ultimatum. I considered that one of the greatest faults of the series. The whole thing was basically Armageddon, but it never had that since of scale. I wonder how what the rest of the SEAR is like. Maybe there are more People now, maybe the brothers have opened access to the Source to the rest of the populace.

On Vacation

I've always been fuzzy on just what happened during Ultimatum. I considered that one of the greatest faults of the series. The whole thing was basically Armageddon, but it never had that since of scale. I wonder how what the rest of the SEAR is like. Maybe there are more People now, maybe the brothers have opened access to the Source to the rest of the populace.
    Ultimatum summarized in one photo.

Yeah, see, that's what I mean. It's easy to forget all of that, because they just kinda mention it in passing. I mean, it's hard to measure how bad the damage is in Europe and Wakanda, when it's mentioned in the same breath as "Oh no, not Tony Stark's House!"
    Also: That's seriously messed up, with the Wanda thing. I mean, I know that's Mystique, but was that ever Wanda's costume?
    Also also: Random Dinosaur time!

On Vacation

Yeah, see, that's what I mean. It's easy to forget all of that, because they just kinda mention it in passing. I mean, it's hard to measure how bad the damage is in Europe and Wakanda, when it's mentioned in the same breath as "Oh no, not Tony Stark's House!"
    Also: That's seriously messed up, with the Wanda thing. I mean, I know that's Mystique, but was that ever Wanda's costume?
    Also also: Random Dinosaur time!
    Lol I agree people usually do not pay attention to close details but thankfully I have photographic memory so that helps.

Wanda actually has worn that costume. From early on in Ultimate X-Men she wore it. Even before that in the flashback in Ultimates 3. She only ever changed it for the Ultimates.

Lol I agree people usually do not pay attention to close details but thankfully I have photographic memory so that helps.

Wanda actually has worn that costume. From early on in Ultimate X-Men she wore it. Even before that in the flashback in Ultimates 3. She only ever changed it for the Ultimates.
    Really? I read very little of Ult X-men, just the Ultimatum tie-ins and a bit of Kirkman's run. The first Galactus Trilogy could count, too, I guess. And I can't properly process anything Loeb anymore. So, I had very little idea she ran around in that. There's...very little to that costume. In fact, that has got to be one of the skimpiest Marvel costumes I've seen. It covers even less then Ms. Marvel's first costume. Jennifer Kale's battle bikini thing is the only thing I can think of that's worse.

Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar

Really? I read very little of Ult X-men, just the Ultimatum tie-ins and a bit of Kirkman's run. The first Galactus Trilogy could count, too, I guess. And I can't properly process anything Loeb anymore. So, I had very little idea she ran around in that. There's...very little to that costume. In fact, that has got to be one of the skimpiest Marvel costumes I've seen. It covers even less then Ms. Marvel's first costume. Jennifer Kale's battle bikini thing is the only thing I can think of that's worse.
    Ultimate Wanda was usually shown in skimpy outfits, from what I remember. She was always shown as a character very comfortable with displaying her sexuality, from her earliest appearance at the beginning of Ultimate X-Men, where she was 'planning to seduce' Cyclops.
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUrich'sFlamingSword View Post
    Ultimate Wanda was usually shown in skimpy outfits, from what I remember. She was always shown as a character very comfortable with displaying her sexuality, from her earliest appearance at the beginning of Ultimate X-Men, where she was 'planning to seduce' Cyclops.
    And then yknow, that whole open incestuous relationship with her brother :D
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    And then yknow, that whole open incestuous relationship with her brother :D
    Incest may be wincest, but I would NEVER have sex with my sister.

So, um, do people really think that this is going to work out in the long run? I mean, as a comic and a shared universe?

Basically, any connection to our real world ( one of the selling points of the Ultimate universe was, IIRC, that it would be more realistic... whatever that means ) just got cut off. Whatever follows will have little connection to the world as we know it.

Now, I applaud the writers and editors for audacious storytelling, but what I am seeing is them driving a sports car full-speed towards a wall. I am somewhat reminded of the New Universe here.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    So, um, do people really think that this is going to work out in the long run? I mean, as a comic and a shared universe?

Basically, any connection to our real world ( one of the selling points of the Ultimate universe was, IIRC, that it would be more realistic... whatever that means ) just got cut off. Whatever follows will have little connection to the world as we know it.

Now, I applaud the writers and editors for audacious storytelling, but what I am seeing is them driving a sports car full-speed towards a wall. I am somewhat reminded of the New Universe here.
    This could become one of the Ultimate Universe strength depending on how they handle it and if they're sticking to it for the long run.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-29-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    This could become one of the Ultimate Universe strength depending on how they handle it and if they're sticking to it for the long run.
    I am skeptical, to say the least. At the point where writers begin to blow up known countries in the way we see here, I smell a full reboot just around the corner.

I mean, people say that Ultimatum already did that. But outside of some characters being dead, the general lifestyle of normal people people didn't seem to had really changed. NYC was apparently rebuilt instantly, although it was hit by a giant tidal wave.

Destroying the US government in this way seems something which would lead to something irrevocably different. Of course the next writer could just say "LOL, psych!" and a new government with the exact same type of government system could spring up from nowhere. But realistically? This would turn the country into chaos for months or years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    I think it will work out fine. There is going to be a corssover that will most likely center on this story and we can really know from there. I dont think a large majority of the ultmate readership mind this type of world changing story as long as what comes next is written and thought out well.

The realism was cut off a long time ago in my opinion. I think though the universe just got real, I mean when you have super powered beings at war this seems liek the most likely out come to me.

Im not sure what you mean by "New Universe" but like I said as long as the writers can put together great stories I dont see a problem. I dont want to see Ultimate X- men and Spider-man dealing with this fallout all the time but I want it to be see in the books when possible.

BANNED

Oh so this isn't the map of OUR earth. Germany is supposed to be noticeably larger than the UK. And by the looks of this map America is about 5 times bigger than the UK when really it should be more like 10. Why is the UK so large?