View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #9?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

    63 86.30%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going

    8 10.96%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

    2 2.74%
  • I don't really care for this story.

    0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

    0 0%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 245
  1. #31
    All Around Geek Havok C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Damn, Hickman just rocked shit all issue. That was all fantastic. I'm glad to see more action this issue than talking. Just a nice switch up. And Zorn is practically a god. If he used his singularity ability in the City then this would be over. Although, I hope that wasn't a one time deal and it killed him or something.

  2. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Glad to see Spider Woman again. The only downside is she was unconscious. Maybe next issue we'll see her snoring? lol wish she were a bit more active in this book.

    Besides that it was a GREAT issue. I read alot of comics monthly but this is one of the few I genuinely look forward to. Correct me if Im wrong but when Flumm mentioned putting Spider Woman and Captain Britain in The Cube, was that the first mention of the place in the Ultimate Universe? Or has it been seen before?

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    something tells me Ganke will have a funny comment about it between sips of his juice box. that will probably be the extent of it.
    That sucks. Bendis could at least give the kid a Capri Sun.

  4. #34
    Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    something tells me Ganke will have a funny comment about it between sips of his juice box. that will probably be the extent of it.
    There is absolutely no way this plot point will not become a major part of the future of both Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men, if any pretense of the three titles taking place in the same continuity is to be maintained. Hickman just wiped Washington D.C completely from the face of the Earth, including every single member of every single branch of government! The millions dead and the atomization of the capital would be enough of a tragedy on its own, but the entire government, and really any form of backup government, is now simply gone in the blink of an eye. The rest of the nation may have been spared direct annihilation like that, but now they're a country of three-hundred million people in total anarchy. The events of this unforgettable, truly groundbreaking issue are a game-changer in every single sense of the word, times a thousand. It will not only be off-handedly referenced; it will become a major part of future plots in both of the other two books in the Ultimate Universe. It's simply too big not to be.
    Last edited by PhilUrich'sFlamingSword; 04-25-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

  5. #35
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,910

    Default

    I'm pretty sure Flumm just became the most powerful man in the world.

  6. #36
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm pretty sure Flumm just became the most powerful man in the world.
    I think Reed Richards or Zorn just became the most powerful man in the world. Flumm may have control of armies and other countires but he still has to bow down to Reed Richards. And in turn Reed Richards has to bow down to Zorn because there is no way Reed can beat someone that powerful.

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Shifting gears to the Ultimate line for a moment, SpiderX wanted to know, "Is there any chance we will see former Ultimate Fantastic Four Members Sue and Ben show up in the new Ultimate Comics? I'm sure they would be interested to know about Reed as the Maker of the Children of Tomorrow and Johnny's whereabouts. I was also thinking since Sue is a biotechnologist, Fury could get her to come in and help analyze Miles. She could give an explanation as to how his abilities work and maybe even discover those webshooters that he so desperately needs. *wink* *wink*"

    Alonso: Spider X, have you been bugging our offices? I'll give you this: One of the characters you've mentioned will show up in "Ultimates" #10 and play a big role in the stunning conclusion to the war with Reed Richards' City in issue #12. As for the web shooters, all I can say is, if -- and I mean, IF -- Miles gets web-shooters -- or anything like them -- you'll know the same time he does.

    So next issue should be an interesting one indeed. Plus we are getting the next 2 issues on a biweekly schedule.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Chaos_Alfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majcvd49 View Post
    Glad to see Spider Woman again. The only downside is she was unconscious. Maybe next issue we'll see her snoring? lol wish she were a bit more active in this book.

    Besides that it was a GREAT issue. I read alot of comics monthly but this is one of the few I genuinely look forward to. Correct me if Im wrong but when Flumm mentioned putting Spider Woman and Captain Britain in The Cube, was that the first mention of the place in the Ultimate Universe? Or has it been seen before?
    I don't remember ever seeing the Cube being mentioned before in the Ultimate Universe. Which means this could very well be the first time.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 04-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.

  9. #39
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing the Cube being mentioned before in the Ultimate Universe. Which means this could very well be the first time it is mentioned in the UU.
    Do you mean the jail that Bruce was in? Thats been around since Ultimates 1.

  10. #40
    @ALLENRICKETTS Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas. TX
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing the Cube being mentioned before in the Ultimate Universe. Which means this could very well be the first time it is mentioned in the UU.
    That's a really good point. I didn't even stop when they mentioned the cube but I'm pretty sure this is the first time.
    Comics are more better.

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majcvd49 View Post
    Glad to see Spider Woman again. The only downside is she was unconscious. Maybe next issue we'll see her snoring? lol wish she were a bit more active in this book.
    This made me laugh. You could be on to something there.
    Besides that it was a GREAT issue. I read alot of comics monthly but this is one of the few I genuinely look forward to. Correct me if Im wrong but when Flumm mentioned putting Spider Woman and Captain Britain in The Cube, was that the first mention of the place in the Ultimate Universe? Or has it been seen before?
    Yes and one of the agents wasn't sure that it could hold him. That the cube could hold She-Hulk but probably not Captain Britian. Is that true? Could the British Captain of the EDI be stronger than any of us could've imagined? What strength could he possess if he said that his abilities lie beyond measurable levels? A powerful rage that unleashes, similarly to the Hulk? I don't know, but I want to find out. But of course, Captain America's the main daddy so of course he'll always be number one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    So what do we all think will go down in the next two issues?
    Reed's death baby attacks America. Thor and Tony suit up and try to take him down. Tony's got a new suit on. But then Hulk arrives to smash america and Tony and Thor realise that they can't beat them both. But then Captain Britian, She-Hulk and Spiderwoman join them as they had just recently broken free from the cube. Ready to defend america. But then Reed finds a way to fire all those nukes back at america. She-Hulk tries to convince Hulk to join the team and fight Reed but Hulk refuses. And with nukes coming their way and a hyperpowerful death baby still to defeat, what can the Ultimates do? Answer: Modi.
    But one can only speculate.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Alonso: Spider X, have you been bugging our offices? I'll give you this: One of the characters you've mentioned will show up in "Ultimates" #10 and play a big role in the stunning conclusion to the war with Reed Richards' City in issue #12. As for the web shooters, all I can say is, if -- and I mean, IF -- Miles gets web-shooters -- or anything like them -- you'll know the same time he does.
    So #12 is conclusion of the war? On the one hand I want to see how Hickman planned to deal with Reed and the City before he is gone from the title. On the other I don't want to see them defeated yet.

  13. #43
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    So #12 is conclusion of the war? On the one hand I want to see how Hickman planned to deal with Reed and the City before he is gone from the title. On the other I don't want to see them defeated yet.
    So maybe there is going to be a truce between The Children and The People. So that the children can rebuild and America can rebuild and its seems like most of the eternals except for Zorn are all gone.

  14. #44
    Senior Member Chaos_Alfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Do you mean the jail that Bruce was in? Thats been around since Ultimates 1.
    I think that's the Triskelion.

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So maybe there is going to be a truce between The Children and The People. So that the children can rebuild and America can rebuild and its seems like most of the eternals except for Zorn are all gone.
    I hope not. Someone has to die. We pay our hard earned money for these comics, we deserve a good killing or two.


    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •