View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates #9?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

    63 86.30%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going

    8 10.96%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

    2 2.74%
  • I don't really care for this story.

    0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 245
  1. #16
    @ALLENRICKETTS Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas. TX
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Oh I don't know, Captain America hearing about it?
    That's true. Man, he is going to flip his shit. I bet the first line out of his mouth in his return appearance is going to be feel like a brick to the head. GOD, this comic is good. It hasn't been this good since Ultimates 1 & 2. With Brian Wood coming on Ultimate X-Men, the UU is going to be as good as it's ever been.
    Comics are more better.

  2. #17
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    That's true. Man, he is going to flip his shit. I bet the first line out of his mouth in his return appearance is going to be feel like a brick to the head. GOD, this comic is good. It hasn't been this good since Ultimates 1 & 2. With Brian Wood coming on Ultimate X-Men, the UU is going to be as good as it's ever been.
    Only if he can explain everything from the past twelve issues. Wood, I love ya, but man are your hands full.

  3. #18

    Default

    So only Zorn had any chances against the People. That makes sense considering how easily they dealt with Asgardians.

    And I like how Hickman is remodeling everything with every issue, not worrying about consequences. I don't know what title was offered to him instead of Ultimates, but I'm sure he will not have even 10% of freedom with the story he has now. Let's hope Humphries will be as good.

    EDIT: Also, big thing happening in the next issue? Captain America stepping in as the leader of the free world.
    Last edited by Celestin; 04-25-2012 at 01:13 PM.

  4. #19
    Ultimate fan for life TheUltimates09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    162

    Default

    If I wasn't such a goddamn man, I would be crying about how fucking glorious this comic is.



    Can anyone say Captain America for president.

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    I've read it twice through and I'm still speechless!

    Hickman certainly went out on a big note!!

    Glad we have the next issue in only two weeks time.

    Im looking forward to seeing how Humphries is going to pick up the pieces

    If Spencer manages to go out with a bang in the next two issues of X-Men too, then we'll have a fantastic set-up for the crossover event.

    So excited!!
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimates09 View Post
    Can anyone say Captain America for president.
    I just edited my post to say the same. I will be surprised if it doesn't happen.

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Only if he can explain everything from the past twelve issues. Wood, I love ya, but man are your hands full.
    Not the thread to get into this, but I really don't think well get much explanation in his first few arcs. He's even said as much.

    As long as it all gets explained at some point down the line I'm happy. I'd rather he just tell his own kick ass story in the middle of this new world for now and worry about Spencer's Longform mystery plot points later.
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    So only Zorn had any chances against the People. That makes sense considering how easily they dealt with Asgardians.

    And I like how Hickman is remodeling everything with every issue, not worrying about consequences. I don't know what title was offered to him instead of Ultimates, but I'm sure he will not have even 10% of freedom with the story he has now. Let's hope Humphries will be as good.

    EDIT: Also, big thing happening in the next issue? Captain America stepping in as the leader of the free world.
    Humphries said The Captain wont be making his comeback until issue #13!

    So what do we all think will go down in the next two issues?
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

  9. #24
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    Humphries said The Captain wont be making his comeback until issue #13!

    So what do we all think will go down in the next two issues?
    Peace between the Children and the People? Both sides suffered incredible losses.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 04-25-2012 at 01:54 PM.

  10. #25
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    This issue certainly made me officially sick of The People. WAY too overpowered.
    I had that same thought but with the Children. I'm already tired of reading about them.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Peace between the Children and the People? Both sides suffered incredible losses.
    I can't see the Children going for that myself? But I really don't know.

    I think next issue well see a lot about the new S.H.I.E.L.D set up and Iron Man & Thor helping Spider-woman and Captain Britain escape.

    I also think The People might put the blame for their losses on Fury & Co and try and hold them responsible in some way.

    It really could go anywhere from here

    Next issue of X-Men out on the same day solicits "the face of The United States is changed forever" so I'm hoping they are tieing the timelines in somehow, setting the groundwork for Divide We Fall!
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

  12. #27
    Senior Member Samorai_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Its a real shame that this book is not higher on the charts. This was shocking, something that is rare in super hero comics. If the major stories took place in Germany or aroudn that area this wouldnt seem so big but as thsi takes place in America this was huge. It's hard to believe a book can be this epic in feeling so long.


    Thank you Jonathan Hickman.

  13. #28
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    I can't see the Children going for that myself? But I really don't know.

    I think next issue well see a lot about the new S.H.I.E.L.D set up and Iron Man & Thor helping Spider-woman and Captain Britain escape.

    I also think The People might put the blame for their losses on Fury & Co and try and hold them responsible in some way.

    It really could go anywhere from here

    Next issue of X-Men out on the same day solicits "the face of The United States is changed forever" so I'm hoping they are tieing the timelines in somehow, setting the groundwork for Divide We Fall!
    I remember that cover issue with the Whitehouse still up and not blown away for Ultimates 13 I think. But that might just be because its a cover.

  14. #29

    Default

    This was just phenominally mind-(and USA)-blowing! I can't wait to see what happens next! I can't believe they actually did that!

    I wonder if this thing with Tony will lead to the end of the movie armor.

    Ajlso, a little off topic, but I wonder if this will be reflected at all in Miles' book. Will school be cancelled for a while? Will his parents flip out? Will he get a little freaked, or will he just keep on keepin' on?
    Last edited by Number_5; 04-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Ajlso, a little off topic, but I wonder if this will be reflected at all in Miles' book. Will school be cancelled for a while? Will his parents flip out? Will he get a little freaked, or will he just keep on keepin' on?
    something tells me Ganke will have a funny comment about it between sips of his juice box. that will probably be the extent of it.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •