Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    It's been a million years, but I think that's the issue when she finds out that she's "pregnant."
    Yep, that's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Yep, that's it.
    I always associate Mardi-Gras with Nekra, the Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Memories. That's why writing comics is such a responsibility. The memories shape. They linger.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I always associate Mardi-Gras with Nekra, the Vision and the Scarlet Witch. Memories. That's why writing comics is such a responsibility. The memories shape. They linger.
    They really do. Especially around that early to mid 80s timeframe, those comics really shaped me (or warped me, depending on the sensibilities).

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    He's a liar. He never had pride to begin with. And didn't this fucker just tried to takeover Utopia during First to last arc?
    I forgot about that. My memory of marvel characters thar aren't Rogue are five weeks minumum at best.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

There was a pretty powerful undertone of unintentional homo-eroticism to this issue. The way Toad described his relationship with Magneto, Mimic's speech to Weapon Omega (and that slightly come-hither glance that Bobby and Hank shared during it), I was really picking up a vibe of dudes wanting to get with dudes. Nothing wrong with it, but Gage should either make it less overt, or make it more overt, depending on what he's actually trying to convey. Mimic being added to the cast feels like them having a C-lister in stock that they can kill later on for dramatic effect. I guess if I had to pick a word to describe this issue, it would be cheesy. There was no sense at all that anyone was actually in danger. I disagree with anyone saying that Rogue was a mary sue, though. The problem is that the cast is so static, that she's the only one coming across with any personality.

I also protest against the continued flanderization of Gambit! When I was a kid, Gambit was a walking hard-on that was looking to hit it with any chick within two meters. Remember X-men #1, during the big danger room session where he stole a kiss from Jean Grey? She kicked his ass for it, but it was still pretty slick. Now, it's all Rogue, all the time. Gambit isn't Peter Parker, or Reed Richards, he just doesn't work as a character that does monogamy. Give this guy some casual sex, and take the edge off him! Has he ever had a relationship that didn't go all angsty?
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 04-26-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    There was a pretty powerful undertone of unintentional homo-eroticism to this issue.
    Not so sure it was unintentional.

Toad supposedly got over his Stockholm Syndrome after Vision and Scarlet Witch's honeymoon.

In this issue, I think. Guess it has been retconned.

I remember a friend in the 6th grade showing me this. I couldn't believe they published a 12 issues long series much less that he bought and read it.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I remember a friend in the 6th grade showing me this. I couldn't believe they published a 12 issues long series much less that he bought and read it.
    You missed out. Your friend had taste. This was when they "revealed" (though everyone had figured it out) that Magneto was Wanda and Pietro's dad. Magneto also apologized to Toad for abusing him for years. It was powerful.

You missed out. Your friend had taste. This was when they "revealed" (though everyone had figured it out) that Magneto was Wanda and Pietro's dad. Magneto also apologized to Toad for abusing him for years. It was powerful.
    I know, I can still remember being in his basement when he showed me this reveal. I thought it was that lame.

BANNED

I know, I can still remember being in his basement when he showed me this reveal. I thought it was that lame.
    Well, you were just a dumb kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    There was a pretty powerful undertone of unintentional homo-eroticism to this issue. The way Toad described his relationship with Magneto, Mimic's speech to Weapon Omega (and that slightly come-hither glance that Bobby and Hank shared during it), I was really picking up a vibe of dudes wanting to get with dudes. Nothing wrong with it, but Gage should either make it less overt, or make it more overt, depending on what he's actually trying to convey. Mimic being added to the cast feels like them having a C-lister in stock that they can kill later on for dramatic effect. I guess if I had to pick a word to describe this issue, it would be cheesy.
    what's so strange about straight guys being lovey-dovey with each other in a time of telepathically induced coma? it's like a final goodbye for an undetermined amount of time. can't we just get some bromance without it being misconstrued as a gay thing? i mean, haven't you ever hung out with actors and drama geeks before? they're always pulling that affectionate shite with each other, (in front of their girlfriends no less.)
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tunasammiches View Post
    what's so strange about straight guys being lovey-dovey with each other in a time of telepathically induced coma? it's like a final goodbye for an undetermined amount of time. can't we just get some bromance without it being misconstrued as a gay thing? i mean, haven't you ever hung out with actors and drama geeks before? they're always pulling that affectionate shite with each other, (in front of their girlfriends no less.)
    I was picking up no bromantic vibes! The language was too flowery for it, which amounts to a failure of writing. Besides, I was a theater geek, and we made fun of other theater geeks who did that. Wearing your emotions on your sleeves looks like weakness.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

I felt this issue helped me tap into emotions I didn't know I had. So weepy and angsty. I liked it but it was very blunt. I'm glad Mimic is sticking around and Michael can be revived at some point.

What makes a man, is it his quest for glory?

What makes a man, is it his quest for glory?
    No, it's probably the titties.