Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    it wasn't a white knight sacrifice, that was not the point. He was struggling with a demon inside him. That's the story that's developing.
    Yep, we've been over this. A one panel struggle is not exactly a deep exploration of Pete's situation as a result of his deal with Cyttorak. He reverts to type immediately. Off the top of my head Colossus has sacrificed himself to cure the legacy virus, to save the breakworld, to become Cyttorak's avatar and now to prevent collateral damage to Utopia. Colossus' sole purpose is to get heroically beaten down and make other characters look more threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by KPhilipsen View Post
    Yep, we've been over this. A one panel struggle is not exactly a deep exploration of Pete's situation as a result of his deal with Cyttorak. He reverts to type immediately. Off the top of my head Colossus has sacrificed himself to cure the legacy virus, to save the breakworld, to become Cyttorak's avatar and now to prevent collateral damage to Utopia. Colossus' sole purpose is to get heroically beaten down and make other characters look more threatening.
    It's a comic book arc it's going to be slow, he's laying foundation for the story to pay off later. We didn't know what was Peter's inner struggle with Cyttorak, now we do. Gillen is exploring the negative aspect of his constant sacrificing, so of course he's going to have him do that. But how he felt about it is entirely new to us readers because it hadn't been previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    It's a comic book arc it's going to be slow, he's laying foundation for the story to pay off later. We didn't know what was Peter's inner struggle with Cyttorak, now we do. Gillen is exploring the negative aspect of his constant sacrificing, so of course he's going to have him do that. But how he felt about it is entirely new to us readers because it hadn't been previously mentioned.
    Slow. Heh. Slow would be nice after the last couple of decades of Colossus character development or lack thereof. We've known about Cyttorak's influence since the very first issue he became the Juggernaut to fight Kuurth. The problem is that like all storylines featuring Colossus all that is going to happen is that Colossus will sacrifice himself to save... someone. A stray puppy perhaps? There will be no development and Colossus will be back to status quo soon enough. Yawn!

Slow. Heh. Slow would be nice after the last couple of decades of Colossus character development or lack thereof. We've known about Cyttorak's influence since the very first issue he became the Juggernaut to fight Kuurth. The problem is that like all storylines featuring Colossus all that is going to happen is that Colossus will sacrifice himself to save... someone. A stray puppy perhaps? There will be no development and Colossus will be back to status quo soon enough. Yawn!

Y'know. For all the wine.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post

Y'know. For all the wine.
    Yes, heaven help us if we have a legitimate criticism of a COMIC BOOK. Nice sig too btw. KG fan boy to his defence rofl! Carry on.

BANNED

Yes, heaven help us if we have a legitimate criticism of a COMIC BOOK. Nice sig too btw. KG fan boy to his defence rofl! Carry on.
    Let us know when you get one.

Repeating yourself continuously for two weeks over 30 pages of a review thread is not legitimate criticism.
    Last edited by alf_to_the_rescue; 05-04-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: rude to another poster

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Let us know when you get one.
    How many posters have echoed my sentiments now? 5? 6? That's a substantial portion of the 20 or so people that have been posting in this thread. Yep, sticking your head in the sand doesn't make this issue go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Repeating yourself continuously for two weeks over 30 pages of a review thread is not legitimate criticism.
    Wait, and how exactly does your repeating yourself continuously for two weeks over 30 pages somehow become more legitimate than my doing the same? Pot meet kettle.
    Last edited by alf_to_the_rescue; 05-04-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: getting rid of insult

There's some really good Colossus character development by Loeb in the upcoming VS. issue with him vs. the Thing. Here's the article w/some art: http://marvel.com/news/story/18659/avx_vs_heavy_hitters

Meh...

Please kill Petey off at this point. I can't take much more of this BS.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Wait, and how exactly does your repeating yourself continuously for two weeks over 30 pages somehow become more legitimate than my doing the same? Pot meet kettle.
    Well, I haven't done that so... you have no point.

Hold the phone, let's not kill off Colossus, he's awesome. I'm really enjoying this dark chapter in his life, he's handling it honorably and badassily. Plus, we know there'll be a light at the end of that tunnel eventually, and he shall bed Kitty once again. I have seen it.

Anyways, this was a very well done issue, a much better tie-in than AvX Versus #1 was, plus the Colossus vs Red Hulk fight was cooler than either of the AvX Versus fights as well.

While well done though, the cover of next issue having Namor/Thing on it (which we already saw in AvX Versus) is odd, I hope this book isn't primarily an AvX recap/tie-in for the next 6 months. Though that team is tied up in that story, so their hands are a bit tied, we've got to have more than just another look at the events of AvX issues for the next half of a year.

Also, I'd like to say instead of a tie-in with 10 page fights, we should have a tie-in with 10 page bedroom scenes. Issue #1: Cyclops vs Emma Frost and Namor vs Ms. Marvel!
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 05-04-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    DROKK IT!!

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Colossus realizes that they're about to topple the column holding Utopia up. He can see that Red Hulk doesn't care, so he tears off his Juggernaut horns and gives up.
    To be honest, I loved that part. Rulk is such a dick. Juggernaut going all demon was new to me though. Why hasn't Marko ever been able to do that?
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    To be honest, I loved that part. Rulk is such a dick. Juggernaut going all demon was new to me though. Why hasn't Marko ever been able to do that?
    Gillen said that it'll be explain in an upcoming issue

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Gillen said that it'll be explain in an upcoming issue
    I bet it's magik's fault. Some people never stop pouring demons into their cornflakes.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.