Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    what is the future of this book? i posted elsewhere that i thought it was going to be something of a doom/ff book... it seems to be drifting lately.
    When I was reading Hickman's interview on CBR last week, it sounds like he may not get around to finishing up the Parliament of Doom storyline. Damn, I'd only want him to write it and it would be a shame if he didn't due to being pulled into AvsX stuff. I guess he will never get to write his Wyatt Wingfoot story either, where he was going to tell why he wasn't at Johnny's funeral.

But I really like that the focus on this book has largely been on the supporting cast. To his credit, Hickman has really done well in adding to the extended family and allies of the FF.

Was that an iPad that Annihilus was reading while on the can? I'd be sure to wipe that thing down with some Clorox wipes
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    When I was reading Hickman's interview on CBR last week, it sounds like he may not get around to finishing up the Parliament of Doom storyline. Damn, I'd only want him to write it and it would be a shame if he didn't due to being pulled into AvsX stuff. I guess he will never get to write his Wyatt Wingfoot story either, where he was going to tell why he wasn't at Johnny's funeral.
    The more comics and interviews I read, the more I get the impression that his run on F4/FF was somewhat cut short by AvX and that if it had never come up, he'd be going on at least into 2013 and the next writer might well use AvX to make his/her changes to the status quo of the franchise even if the FF is not directly involved, as other teams and characters will likewise be affected.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The more comics and interviews I read, the more I get the impression that his run on F4/FF was somewhat cut short by AvX and that if it had never come up, he'd be going on at least into 2013 and the next writer might well use AvX to make his/her changes to the status quo of the franchise even if the FF is not directly involved, as other teams and characters will likewise be affected.
    I think you are right. I think once he got pulled into that event, it changed his plans. We have to keep in mind he also has his own works outside of Marvel so something had to be dropped and it was the 2 Fantastic Four titles.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I can't wait for the BP stories. Would anyone by a Hickman written BP book?
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Just brilliant.

And probably the most shocking final page of any single comic, ever!
    U-Go Girl lives & Squirrel Girl is the nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    I can't wait for the BP stories. Would anyone by a Hickman written BP book?
    At this point, I'd probably buy just about anything (Budget permitting) written by Hickman (Or Slott or Remender or Aaron)

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I guess some things never change ...
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Is Kal driving that car? Can giant horse-warriors even drive sports cars?
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

FF purist-snob

AvX S*CKS! It had to be said.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

I don't think it was just that, seems to me since last year, he has been kicking so much ass, he is being thrown into the lime light and plans have changed. Originally FF was supposed to just disappear and there would be just the Fantastic Four title but Hickman had so much story they worked it out that the two books became separate. His SHIELD mini was supposed to be over months ago but delays have gone from being the artist fault to Hickman himself falling behind on getting the scripts ready. He was writing Ultimates and now before his story is even over completely he has to hand the reigns off to someone else. Now with AvX and potentially taking over another new title down the road (hopefully Avengers but who knows at this point) he is stretched to thin but hopefully it all works out in the end and he continues to pump out great stories.

Johnny and Pete are so hysterical as roommates I was hoping they keep this idea around.

That is pretty much my ONLY complaint with this issue.

Hickman has Spider Man's voice down.

Fun issue.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Hickman has Spider Man's voice down.
    I would read Hickman on Amazing.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Looks like MJ will hook up with Johnny. She'll hook up with anyone that dances with her

It won't last long.

She's going to end up back with Peter again...just not the way we want it. You know the whole Monkey's Paw bit that Slott stated.