Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    This is the fight issue.

Iron Man uses his satellites to channel the magnetic field of Jupiter and hit Magneto with it.

The battle moves into orbit

Magneto then channels the power of other planets and gets into fisticuffs with Iron Man. He's winning until he feels a planet get completely destroyed by the Phoenix and loses his train of thought. Iron Man then knocks him down.

Magneto is dazed and uttering "Wanda, find Wanda, you're going to need my daughter".

Winner: Iron Man.

Next bout-

Namor punches Thing into a sunken ship but Thing hits Namor back with some treasure in the ship.

Namor punches Thing into a thermal vent and Ben gets some oxygen.

Namor is at the bottom of the ocean and a little woozy. Thing takes some of the big fish teeth and pins Namor's neck down.

Thing walks away and call Namor jerk.

Winner (for now) :Thing

I wonder what the writers were smoking when they were brainstorming this, though I'll admit that it made me curious enough to take a look (if only for the art).
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    It's statements like these that make me realize just how much damage modern writers have done to Namor.
    If it helps, it sounds like Cyclops gets a tame Phoenix and somehow warps or controls the X-Men's minds. The Avengers become a frightened minority, running and hiding, and the X-Men are goaded into trying to finish them off.

I have no problem at all with Iron Man beating Magz, but Thing beating Namor, underwater, solo, is just...weird.
    I guess hanging out on utopia made Namor soft or something...but with the last panel that fight maybe shouldve been a draw.
    I thoiught the script in both stories were good and entertaining.
    Pull List: Thor, Journey Into Mystery, Captain America, Avenger's, New Avenger's, AvX, Super Crooks, Secret Service, Voodoo Child, Vescell, America's Got Powers, Wolverine and the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Anybody catch the end of Uncanny X-Men #11 yet? The final page is a real...annoying.
    The idea is solid, that the X-men would try to engage in a PR war, but the letter it self reads like it was penned by a comic book writer not a PR person. (Which it likely was)

Im also not sure the content of the letter is the best strategy for the 'Hated and feared' mutants. But the concept was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by x-men_always_win View Post
    Accept that Thing is nowhere on Namor's league.

Also, Magneto obviously had the win but he didn't even care anymore.
    So, X-men_Always_win

Did the X-men win?

Well, THAT was a pile of crap. Never again, AvX Versus. Never again

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

Iron Man and Magneto displaying powers, abilities and a level of preparation for each other far beyond what we're used to seeing? Yeah, welcome to event comic fan service.

This side series is for 14 year olds to argue over. I'll stick with the main (which is guilty of some of the same but to a lesser degree) from here on out.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10kirk View Post
    The PR letter? I actually liked that strategy. There will be grave consequences and repercussions, you might as well start trying to win over the masses now.
    I like the strategy too. I just think it's annoying Cyclops is lying. I mean...they aren't taking hope because she's a mutant. She's a threat.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I like the strategy too. I just think it's annoying Cyclops is lying. I mean...they aren't taking hope because she's a mutant. She's a threat.
    BUT she's a threat because she's a mutant......yes?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    That being said, I was quite happy to see Thing talk crap to Namor and lay him down even if it was only for a few minutes.
    he wasn't talking, he was thinking. and the commentary was nauseating and childish from ben.

Which is the brilliance of the letter. Hope hasn't done anything threatening. The Avengers decided she was a threat and decided to deal with her how they saw fit. What's to stop them from doing that to anyone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Which is the brilliance of the letter. Hope hasn't done anything threatening. The Avengers decided she was a threat and decided to deal with her how they saw fit. What's to stop them from doing that to anyone?
    The Avengers are hardly attacking without providence.

Hope might not be a threat. Or she might be a huge one (which especially seems the case after the latest issue). They're taking a PREVENTATIVE measure. If she's not a threat, great. Everyone wins. If she IS, they're in a better place to deal with it that doesn't risk innocent lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    The Avengers are hardly attacking without providence.

Hope might not be a threat. Or she might be a huge one (which especially seems the case after the latest issue). They're taking a PREVENTATIVE measure. If she's not a threat, great. Everyone wins. If she IS, they're in a better place to deal with it that doesn't risk innocent lives.
    I think the whole point of the letter is that every super powered person has the potential to be extremely dangerous, but they aren't rounding them up. They've come to round up this particular mutant girl and take her from the only home she's ever known for something she may not even do.

BANNED

the avengers are kidnappers and now the public knows about it. as if they needed any more strikes against their reputation with the people.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    So, X-men_Always_win

Did the X-men win?
    If the contest was who could do the most blatent jobbing they did.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied