Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Does Marvel even consider physics when writing comic books? I mean I understand it's a comic book but come on! Even if that magnetic power was able to travel at the speed of light(which it wouldn't) it would have taken like half an hour to get from Jupiter to Earth.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I wonder why they didn't have the idea to do a JLA x A, the Fights mini-series within a mini-series back then? Perhaps because they had an actual story to tell.
    (Low blow, I know)

Peace
    Actually, considering the story in JLA/Avengers completely broke down in issue 3, an issue dedicated to the fights would have been more entertaining to read.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post
    Pffffft!

I can totally see Psylocke losing to Widow.

Especially with the movie coming out.

Widow will probably 'deflect' her own psy-blasts back at her using some sort of Russian secret technique.
    Whatevs, Psylocke will outclass that Widow in everyway. I just can't wait to see Natasha's horrified face once that psychic Dagger slides into her brain....................

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Thing didn't really beat Namor, he pinned him long enough to get out of the water. Namor is bursting out of the water behind him as the issue closes, setting up what seems like a Cage + Thing team-up to take on Namor later.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Thing didn't really beat Namor, he pinned him long enough to get out of the water.
    Good point. Just going into the water with Namor and coming back up alive counts for half a victory, at the very least.

We know Namor sticks around since he's featured in #7 or 8 -- apparently as Cyclops' bloodhound to track the remaining Avengers in Wakanda.

BANNED

this was incredibly bad, and i was expecting so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by colossanaunt View Post
    Does Marvel even consider physics when writing comic books? I mean I understand it's a comic book but come on! Even if that magnetic power was able to travel at the speed of light(which it wouldn't) it would have taken like half an hour to get from Jupiter to Earth.
    Thank you. That whole thing (for both characters) was the stupidest thing I've seen in a while.

Why couldn't they just relate it back to what we saw in AvX 2, with Mags getting the upper hand until Iron Man is saved by Pietro?

Pffffft!

I can totally see Psylocke losing to Widow.

Especially with the movie coming out.

Widow will probably 'deflect' her own psy-blasts back at her using some sort of Russian secret technique.
    Is Black Widow going against Psylocke? I thought she was going against Magik, which still doesn't make much sense to me. I bet Black Widow wins despite the logistics and realistic odds.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Thor losing to Superman is totally believable since they're in the same league. Thor may or may not be more powerful than Superman but the difference is negligible.

Magneto at his peak (especially when he's channeling the power of other goddamn planets) is FAR above Iron Man.

Namor at the bottom of the ocean is FAR above Thing.

It's not an accurate comparison.

And yes, Bendis-wanking Luke Cage actually standing a chance against Namor IN THE WATER is ridiculous.

What's next? He's gonna one punch Drax?
    The power of planets versus a rich guy in a suit...kind of dumb outcome if you ask me. I also kept asking myself, "How can Thing Breath underwater for so long?"

I reviewed it with some panel grabs here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...x-vs-1-review/
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Thank you. That whole thing (for both characters) was the stupidest thing I've seen in a while.

Why couldn't they just relate it back to what we saw in AvX 2, with Mags getting the upper hand until Iron Man is saved by Pietro?
    Good point. It's also annoying how there are no other heroes in the book. Shouldn't they at least be in the background?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Don't worry X-freaks. In AVX vs. #2, the X-Men will get a sure victory with the Colossusnaut destroying everyone's favorite jobber during big events, Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Don't worry X-freaks. In AVX vs. #2, the X-Men will get a sure victory with the Colossusnaut destroying everyone's favorite jobber during big events, Spider-Man
    I predict the X-Men will get some get back with upsets on their side too. Gambit has a book coming out and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to beat Cap.

And Namor isn't done yet. He will win next issue. The Idol of Millions just had to get a good showing first.

There's no way namor is out of the fight yet.

Edit: He wasn't even defeated! He was just pinned down. Cheap.
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 04-25-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Is Black Widow going against Psylocke? I thought she was going against Magik, which still doesn't make much sense to me. I bet Black Widow wins despite the logistics and realistic odds.
    For some nonsensical reason, Daredevil is battling Psylocke and Magik is battling Black Widow.

It would take SEVERE PIS for either Psylocke or Magik to lose their fights.

Psylocke can just mentally shut-down both. If telepathic tasers are in effect, she still has her TK.

Magik can just look at BW and teleport her a$$ to Limbo.

Better yet, teleport her legs off with a disc.

Seriously, the X-Men are gonna job like hell in this series...

Namor losing to Thing at THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN is sheer ridiculousness.
    Actually it sounds starkingly similar to how Aquaman took down Namor in "DC vs. Marvel" by dropping a killer whale on him.

Thing used a fish on Namor too LOL
    Great. Now I know just how horrible this is going to be.

Was the dialog at least entertaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yeah, and the Avengers are going to have to defend themselves in Wakanda.
    I'm pretty certain Avengers are the good guys.
    My expectations of this have dropped to nil. I expected jobbery, but if the writers think Namor can be beaten by the Thing in the water, what's the point of this confrontation? Seriously, why does Marvel expect us to take Namor as any kind of threat, when they continually job out him out? This is a character that took out Red Hulk AND green Hulk in the water, and Marvel thinks he somehow can't get out of the way of sea monster in his own environment?

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Good point. Just going into the water with Namor and coming back up alive counts for half a victory, at the very least.

We know Namor sticks around since he's featured in #7 or 8 -- apparently as Cyclops' bloodhound to track the remaining Avengers in Wakanda.
    It's statements like these that make me realize just how much damage modern writers have done to Namor.