Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I was thinking Shaw at his peak, already having absorb the power from the nuclear reactor. And he was instantaneously absorbing the energy from bullets and rockets, I'm guessing he could absorb the kinetic energy from Hulk's blows.
    I don't recall him absorbing anything anywhere near Hulk's level. Rockets and bullets don't come close, and nothing Magneto did to him comes close either.

The opening post said Hulk has a possible Class 100 feat, which means Shaw's head is getting punched clean off.

He was never shown to be powerful to the point where he could ignore any type of physical force no matter how powerful. Any Class 100 could one shot him, heck you probably wouldn't even need to be Class 100 to do so.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-26-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I don't recall him absorbing anything anywhere near Hulk's level. Rockets and bullets don't come close, and nothing Magneto did to him comes close either.

The opening post said Hulk has a possible Class 100 feat, which means Shaw's head is getting punched clean off.
    The Hulk has a crazy strength feat where there is a giant (probably 300 foot long, 40 foot diameter) nearly indestructible metal "thing" flying toward him at perhaps 50mph. He punches it so hard that it crushes the head and stops the thing within 10 feet. Sapping off that kind of momentum that quickly, while also crushing something that Tony's "cut through anything" beams can't cut through is pretty damn impressive. I'm not sure it's quite class 100, but it's damn powerful - a good, solid class 90 in any case.

Of course, one 5 second or so blast of Thor's lightning kills two of those things plus hundreds/thousands of other bad guys.

It came out three days ago but I'll be watching it tonight. Does Captain America pull off being the leader? I mean, when you look at the headstrong Thor, the uncontrollable Hulk and the whimsical Ironman – it's going to take an incredible amount of will to impose control on these three – in the movie, does Captain America seem like a person who can command gods? Or is it more like, he's the world war vet so we should follow him because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    It came out three days ago but I'll be watching it tonight. Does Captain America pull off being the leader? I mean, when you look at the headstrong Thor, the uncontrollable Hulk and the whimsical Ironman – it's going to take an incredible amount of will to impose control on these three – in the movie, does Captain America seem like a person who can command gods? Or is it more like, he's the world war vet so we should follow him because of that.
    Just wait until tonight! I think he does pull it off...

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    It came out three days ago but I'll be watching it tonight. Does Captain America pull off being the leader? I mean, when you look at the headstrong Thor, the uncontrollable Hulk and the whimsical Ironman it's going to take an incredible amount of will to impose control on these three in the movie, does Captain America seem like a person who can command gods? Or is it more like, he's the world war vet so we should follow him because of that.
    Enjoy the film - SPOILER:

spoilers:
    Yes, he eventually pulls it off. Initially, Stark and Thor both resist him for their own reasons, but he does a good job running the show in battle.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Holy. Fucking. Shitballs.

Just seen it. I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I got goosebumps, I even jumped once.

Absolutely un-fucking-real.

Everything I've ever wanted in a comic book movie.

Everyone, including Black Widow and Hawkeye, play their part equally. Fantastic.

10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post

Just seen it. I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I got goosebumps, I even jumped once.

Everyone, including Black Widow and Hawkeye, play their part equally. Fantastic.

10/10.
    I fully agree. They really hit this one out of the park.

10/10.
    I hate to say I told you, but...

That's BS, I have no problem saying that.

"Told you"

I believe I remember Hulk's best strength feat from his movie being where he throws the forklift like it weighs nothing, so its good to see him getting some high end feats here(too bade they retconned his old movie, which had him man handling the tanks).
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-28-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

I mostly agree with what I see here. I would just need to see the movie again (saw it wednesday), because I'm not sure that the energy blasts were fast enough to grant Thor the BT status.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I mostly agree with what I see here. I would just need to see the movie again (saw it wednesday), because I'm not sure that the energy blasts were fast enough to grant Thor the BT status.
    They definitely weren't. You could follow them with your eyes.

That said, he's still a beast and was never hurt despite:

spoilers:
    - Taking Iron's Man's best shots and blasts (including his "400%" hits).
    - Taking angry punches from Hulk. Including the funniest moment in the movie.
    - Taking direct hits from Cap's shield.
    - Taking hits from Loki with the cosmic staff (who was no slouch himself).

And the fact he stopped one of Hulk's punches with one hand (Hulk being the guy who punched out that fucking giant spaceship/monster thing) means he's beastly strong.
    end of spoilers

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

They definitely weren't. You could follow them with your eyes.
    I did think so, thanks for confirming :). So, around CBPH speed seems about right to me.

spoilers!!

additional Loki feat

Durability: gets hit by a Reverse engineered Destroyer beam gun and is thrown through a wall but otherwise unhurt

bulletproof as was said before.

strength: like was said has the strength to no sell captain americs punches and hurl him around like a ragdoll the way captain america hurls normal humans around in his movie

Thor strength: almost on a par with Hulk during theyre barehanded brawl with thor coming off as the more skilled opponent and Hulk as the stronger opponent

the way he crushes irons armor like its a can of soda is especially awesome and the headbutt that sends iron man flying after iron tries it first(without much result

all characters strengths and weaknesses were handled nicely and i think no reasonable fan can be displeased with the outcome, it was very balanced

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Insanely awesome movie. Just about everything I wanted to see in a superhero team movie. Everybody got to shine in their own special ways and in the final battle. Just awesome.
    That said, he's still a beast and was never hurt despite:
    Actually spoilers:
    Loki's able to pierce Thor's skin with one of his daggers. It's nothing that Thor can't ignore but for a while there he's actually feeling the pain.
    end of spoilers

Speaking of Loki. It's kind of funny how the movie started out with showing stuff that he could ignore no problem (bullets and Captain America punches) and then just steadily kept ramping up the power of the stuff he was hit with throughout the movie until they found something they just kept him down (thrashing form the freaking Hulk).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Loki's able to pierce Thor's skin with one of his daggers. It's nothing that Thor can't ignore but for a while there he's actually feeling the pain.
    end of spoilers
    Well yeah...
    spoilers:
    ...he also had a nose bleed after Hulk punched him, and I'm sure getting smacked through a through a tree by 400% Iron Man "hurt", but I wasn't being literal (in the same way every punch in a boxing match must "hurt", you don't hear a commentator saying "HE'S HURT" until he's actually in trouble and showing signs of discomfort). He was in no way compromised at any point in the entire movie.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 04-28-2012 at 12:04 PM.