Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Default Feats for Avengers Movie Characters - spoilers

Thanks to the Avengers Movie (saw it today), here are some feats for the characters:

Loki - no-sells assault-rifle fire, no-sells Captain America's punches, blind catches an arrow out of the air, engages a not-really-trying-too-hard-Thor in prolonged HtH and takes a number of hits without dying.

IM - Displays LOTS of new weapons, really good durability, electricity absorption, storage and redirection via repulsors, pretty high strength - high enough to knock Thor about (though not to hurt him in any real way).

Thor - Adds at least a dozen feats for deflecting energy beams with /swings/ of his hammer - so it might be good for BT status. Adds massive lightning capabilities - potent enough to mess up a huge number enemies including some VERY tough ones for a prolonged interval. Shows the strength to catch Hulk's fist, to knock IM and Hulk around, to crack Tony's armor and to crack a cage designed to hold the Hulk. Durability to tank numerous hits from IM, Hulk and Loki without showing any damage (Hulk briefly stunned him with a couple of hits). Does a huge amount of fighting with the only wound he takes during the whole film. Shows excellent fighting ability (no shock there - he already had that).

Cap - Has probably class 2-5 strength, somewhat (but not that far) sub-Spiderman agility tricks, fantastic fighting ability, never really has anything like a real BT feat.

Hawkeye - pretty much like comics Barton - somewhere around peak human HtH - but not close to Cap, superhuman accuracy with a bow, makes pretty awesome trick-shots.

Black Widow - About like in IM2, though she adds seductress/manipulator/interrogator to her list of feats.

Hulk - Moves at above peak-human speed, shows the durability to take shots from Thor without staying down, probably shows not far from class-100 strength in one feat, shows a sense of humor, shows reanimating breath. Other stuff would spoil it. :-)

Finally, like for any Marvel film, stay into the credits. You get to see the bad guy for Avengers 2. :-)

BANNED

The feats were definitely ramped up in this film. Especially Thor's.

And i've got a really cool gif i want to post, but don't want to spoil anyone who doesn't want to see. Is there no way to put gifs in spoiler tags or anything?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Finally, like for any Marvel film, stay into the credits. You get to see the bad guy for Avengers 2. :-)
    I reckon this particular villain will be in Avengers 3, recurring as an onlooker in Avengers 2.

That's just me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    I reckon this particular villain will be in Avengers 3, recurring as an onlooker in Avengers 2.

That's just me.
    That's probably most likely. I envision him as the Emperor of this franchise. Although he might turn up in Thor 2 to some capacity.

You guys could be right. I just figured that, since it ended with his face in the clear, he'd probably be the driving force going forward. Do we know how many Avengers films are already booked? I know that IM3, Thor 2 and Avengers 2 are already planning (or more). Have they got contracts in place for Avengers 3?

How could you have seen it? It doesn't come out till May 4th.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I live in France - it opened today. Marvel movies are weird like that - we got Captain America 2 months (at least) after the US, but we got Thor more than 2 weeks early and now Avengers more than a week early.

please tell me it explains how loki got such a boost in strength right?? RIGHT? bc thor beat his hiney in THOR.

a simple yes or no please... would prefer no spoilers. I only opened this thread for some research for ablog post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    please tell me it explains how loki got such a boost in strength right?? RIGHT? bc thor beat his hiney in THOR.

a simple yes or no please... would prefer no spoilers. I only opened this thread for some research for ablog post
    He didn't really have a boost in strength. It's just that we haven't seen him go up against people less powerful than Thor before. The fight Loki and Thor have in Avengers is quite similar to how it went in Thor. And IIRC Loki got in a few good shots against Thor in his own movie anyway.

Overall, Loki is just much more malicious and aggressive in this movie. The Thor movie was more like his descent into villainy, it was his "origin" as much as it was Thor's. Now in Avengers he's fully embraced his villainous side. He's fucking bad ass, to put it bluntly.

Well, THOR wailing on Loki is to be expected. But I do remember Loki kicking Thor hard enough to knock him down, without the aid of Odin's spear. It's not completely unprecedented. He also took that lightning AOE and was only knocked down for it, he wasn't hurt very badly.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I'm in the UK and we get it tomorrow. I'm seeing it on Friday.

Although I've inadvertently seen a shitload of spoilers anyway.

BANNED

They also had special early screenings last week, which i was lucky enough to get tickets for :D

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post

Loki isn't really boosted from "Thor" - in that movie, he fought and couldn't beat his brother, but certainly got some shots in. It must be stated that Loki was going pretty all-out in Thor, yet Thor was holding back out of brotherly love. In this movie, well, you'll see, but Loki's no stronger or weaker, as LB said, he's just a hell of a lot more violent and nasty.

Wait Hulk has reanimating breath? ....Why?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Wait Hulk has reanimating breath? ....Why?
    It's not actually true, it was just a joke right before I made an anti-spoiler comment. :-)