Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damian Wayne

I understand that these super-villains had it coming, but I really don't know how they can continue talking about how "honorable" the Robin suit is, when Damian is out there icing villains. What happens when Damian isn't Robin anymore, what will the next Robin do, or be allowed to do?? Its not like being the son of Batman gives him more privileges than Tim Drake, or ESPECIALLY DICK GRAYSON...the only exception, or reasoning I see, is Batman is the type of guy (or more so father) that will give 9,767 chances to redeem themselves over and over.

BANNED

It's not Damian's fault that Batman doesn't have the balls to ice the villains himself.

This would never have happened if Batman had gone with a cat.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal036 View Post
    I understand that these super-villains had it coming, but I really don't know how they can continue talking about how "honorable" the Robin suit is, when Damian is out there icing villains. What happens when Damian isn't Robin anymore, what will the next Robin do, or be allowed to do?? Its not like being the son of Batman gives him more privileges than Tim Drake, or ESPECIALLY DICK GRAYSON...the only exception, or reasoning I see, is Batman is the type of guy (or more so father) that will give 9,767 chances to redeem themselves over and over.
    The only reason he's given a chance is because he's a trained killed from birth. Trying to change someone like that isn't that easy, that's why Damian became Robin to learn to use his skills for good. Rome wasn't built in one day.

The kid might not have been wearing a suit right then, but i do remember he was there making snarky comments....... considering how he was raised, it'd be neat to find out that he'd been thought the lazurus pit a bunch of times and was unredeemable. Then he and jason could team up in their own book. I'd read that.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Dick knew what being Robin meant to Tim, but he also knew that Damian needed to be Robin. If he wasn't going to try and save him, no one was. All in all it was a great move. Damian makes for an awesome Robin .

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

He wheres the suit and carries the title. He's Robin. Damian came to respect the mission, he even looked his mother right in the face and told her its the best thing he's ever done. Sure he has some quirks to work out, and he might not be typical, but thats part of what makes him interesting.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-01-2012 at 03:46 AM.

BANNED

Um, he could have been the prince of the League of Assassins and do whatever the hell he wants. Instead he decided to use his skills to do good after seeing what his father does by contrast. Considering how he was raised and what his personality is, that's pretty noble intent.

I don't get how this kid has a fan base, but that's ok- everyone has different tastes. And i am a timmy fangirl so i'd probly hate damain however he became robin. Still think his interduction could have been handled better, and why did he need to be robin? Why not "batboy" or something?

I can't stand Damian Wayne. I hope it's revealed that Bruce is not really his father and he goes insane. (well, more insane)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Damian's story is about nurture vs nature and redemption, and the posts here are sad. This isn't the Puritan society where people are predestined to be good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    The only reason he's given a chance is because he's a trained killed from birth. Trying to change someone like that isn't that easy, that's why Damian became Robin to learn to use his skills for good. Rome wasn't built in one day.
    I suppose that is the only reason he is being given a chance by Bruce and I know that change will come over a long period of time being that he was raised to be a killer. I would actually be disappointed in any writer who would have Damian be over his upbringing so quickly. My beef with with this though is not that Bruce is giving Damian a chance its more that he never gave the other "violent" Robin the same chance. Granted it may be that Bruce learned something from his time with Jason but it still annoys me.

I also really don't understand how people can be all over Damian because he is so different from the norm as far as Robins go and yet people appear to pretty much hate Jason Todd for having been to much of a deviation from Dick Grayson. Don't get me wrong I like the little demon but this has always bothered me a little.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I suppose that is the only reason he is being given a chance by Bruce and I know that change will come over a long period of time being that he was raised to be a killer. I would actually be disappointed in any writer who would have Damian be over his upbringing so quickly. My beef with with this though is not that Bruce is giving Damian a chance its more that he never gave the other "violent" Robin the same chance. Granted it may be that Bruce learned something from his time with Jason but it still annoys me.

I also really don't understand how people can be all over Damian because he is so different from the norm as far as Robins go and yet people appear to pretty much hate Jason Todd for having been to much of a deviation from Dick Grayson. Don't get me wrong I like the little demon but this has always bothered me a little.
    1 - What did Bruce do to not give Jason a chance?

2 - Can't speak for others, but I've always liked Jason Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

2 - Can't speak for others, but I've always liked Jason Todd.
    i always liked jason as an evil plotter. I haven't read any of the new outlaw title, is he less insane/killerdude? Either way i'm looking forward to picking up the books

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    1 - What did Bruce do to not give Jason a chance?
    Well, for starters Bruce practically accuses Jason of outright killing Felipe Garzonas in Batman #424 even though he was not actually there to see what had happened. (Jason may or may not have pushed him and he certainly did nothing to save the man but still his reaction to Damian having killed someone in front of him was mild by comparison.) Then he was going to sideline him over the incident with Felipe Garzonas and because he was getting to violent while in the field as seen in Batman #426. Bruce also admitted that maybe making Jason into Robin so quickly to help him deal with his rage was not such a good idea.

Damian kills Nobody in front of Bruce and Bruce merely gives him a talk about how he'll have to live with his actions. There has been no talk of him being sidelined for his violent tendencies in the field nor for him having killed someone. Bruce has likewise not even suggested that Damian should not have been made Robin because of his past.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.