Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah I know that's why I said an old idea. Nothing? Really? Ultimates fighting x-Men and that's nothing like AVX?
    I said as a story not a concept. Ultimate War didn't have them fighting over the fate of the world due to a teenage girl and a force of destruction headed towards them.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I said as a story not a concept. Ultimate War didn't have them fighting over the fate of the world due to a teenage girl and a force of destruction headed towards them.
    Well I was talking about it as a concept sorry if I didn't make it that clear.

The Ultimate Universe is far better then 616. Those people have no clue that an event so much better the Avengers vs X-Men is coming Divided we Fall. Yet they still cling to an event that was already an old idea hell even the Ultimate Universe all ready did AVX in Ultimate War years ago.
    what's funny is the regular storyline of America Vs The City Vs Tian is better than any event they've ever done.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    You see, I do blame them for going for this "cash grab". I blame them because it will grab them almost literally zero cash. How many Marvel movies have to come out before they realize that the movies just don't bring in any significant amount of readers? How much time and energy are they going to waste with these stupid antics and absurd changes when they should, as you said, be coming up with some clever marketing? They won't get new readers by making a silly change that people who don't read comics, and thus don't go to comic shops, will never even see.
    You make a good point. I know a LOT of people who watch super-hero movies and I know a lot that even talk about them. My mates won't shut up about The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers but do they ever pick up a comic? Nope. Well actually one of them has every now and then but only because I convinced him that comics are actually cool.

Okkk.... But it really is racism. This isn't even Nick Fury so why the hate? If he was white there would be no discussion.
    How on Earth do you know that? That's right, you don't. You're just trying to see racism where there's none.

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    The Ultimate Universe is better, so it's no surprise they would use elements of it in 616 now.

I can laugh at the Ultimate U haters now.
    By that logic, 616 is vastly superior since the UU stole far more stuff from it than the other way around.

The Ultimate Universe is far better then 616. Those people have no clue that an event so much better the Avengers vs X-Men is coming Divided we Fall. Yet they still cling to an event that was already an old idea hell even the Ultimate Universe all ready did AVX in Ultimate War years ago.
    Yeah, right. If the UU is "far better then 616", then how come that they've been desperate enough to pull all kinds of cheap stunts and gimmicks in recent years? First they released an awful crossover with Supreme Power. Then they killed half of the Ultimate populace (including Spider-Man) in the poorly written Ultimatum and "cancelled" most Ultimate titles. Then they rebooted most of the "cancelled" Ultimate titles, brought Spidey back, and replaced many of the other dead characters. Then they brought back Ultimate Spider-Man's original numbering for the milestone 150th issue. Then they killed Spider-Man AGAIN, replaced him with a new, biracial Spider-Man, rebooted Ultimate Spider-Man AGAIN, and made Reed turn into a villain in a totally out of character way. And now they announced a crossover with 616, a event that people had been predicting for a decade and that Quesada declared would mean Marvel has officially run out of ideas.
    Last edited by NotSoFast; 04-25-2012 at 07:39 PM.

lol most of us agree that Loeb's writing for the Ultimate line was bad, you're not offending anyone by saying that.

also, my logic wasn't what you're implying. i never said the Ultimate U was better because the 616 U is now copying it. it's better because it's better, even if 616 doesn't copy it.

you seem really mad.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

I ain't even mad, bro. What gave you that impression? The fact that I argued back?

Elder Member

The fact that people are upset that 616 is copying Ultimate is laughable seeing how Ultimate started and continues to do so. I'm not saying they're wrong, just that I find it humorous.

The fact that people are upset that 616 is copying Ultimate is laughable seeing how Ultimate started and continues to do so. I'm not saying they're wrong, just that I find it humorous.
    Obviously Ultimate started off as an alternative to 616 that was very similar to 616--more of a modern take on classic heroes. But they had to be intended to diverge over time. How else could anyone be expected to buy both? The problem is when Ultimate does something original, and 616 then snatches it up like a jealous big brother.

Elder Member

Fury Jr. isn't like Ultimate Fury though.

But he's meant to look like him. I was really just responding to the general "616 copying Ultimate" discussion anyway and not necessarily to Fury Jr. I was also coming down from an earlier rant in response to the suggestion from a poster or two on the Spidey board that a 616 Miles Morales may show up and take over ASM this year.

Elder Member

But he's meant to look like him. I was really just responding to the general "616 copying Ultimate" discussion anyway and not necessarily to Fury Jr. I was also coming down from an earlier rant in response to the suggestion from a poster or two on the Spidey board that a 616 Miles Morales may show up and take over ASM this year.
    ROFL! Now THAT is crazy talk!

ROFL! Now THAT is crazy talk!
    Well, it's the 50th anniversary of Spidey, they're teasing all sorts of storylines. One of the things mentioned and teased is the end of Peter Parker as Spider-Man, or the end of Peter Parker, or Peter Parker reaching the end of what he can do as Spider-Man, or something, I don't have an exact quote on hand. Of course, this led to speculation that Peter might die, or become incapacitated enough to stop being Spider-Man. Then a new one, maybe Kaine, maybe a 616 Miles Morales, would have to take his place.

Frankly, I wouldn't put it past them at this point. With the types of decisions Marvel have made regarding 616 characters these past few years, anything is possible. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is popular, so they brought him to 616. Mary Jane seems unpopular (as does Kirsten Dunst, marriage, and divorce), let's let this devil thing roll. The look of Ultimate Hawkeye/Movie Hawkeye seems popular, let's bring it to 616. Hell, today Wacker said that if the Idris Elba portrayal of Heimdall from the Thor film ever came back and proved popular enough, they'd change Heimdall too!

Marvel has already been cannibalizing ideas (however shallow) from Ultimate and the movie-verse to prop up the older and more stale 616 universe. So, Ultimate killed off Peter Parker and successfully replaced him with Miles Morales. Perhaps 616 will unflinchingly reap that harvest.

Elder Member

Hell, today Wacker said that if the Idris Elba portrayal of Heimdall from the Thor film ever came back and proved popular enough, they'd change Heimdall too!
    THANK RA! Why are there so few minority gods DX

I haven't read the mini with Marcus Johnson, but Yost pretty much admitted that Marcus was created specifically the have a Ultimate/movieverse Fury figure in the 616. I think that's kind of odd, personally. Wouldn't it be easier for fans to accept that, okay, Fury is white in the universe than it is for them to go "Here's a guy that looks and acts just like the Fury you know but his name is Marcus Johnson and he's actually the real, white Nick Fury's son." I think it's pretty transparent and silly myself (he convieniently loses an eye just like his dad!) but...eh, that's pretty much what Yost said.